NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’

3 posters

Go down

Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’ Empty Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’

Post by Guest Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:30 pm

A mother was devastated to learn that a photo of her son who died had been reported to Facebook as “offensive”.
Photographer Imelda Bell, who took the photo as part of her volunteer work for the charity Remember My Baby, appealed to internet users to show support for the mother. “[The mother] posted this photo of her beautiful sleeping angel on her timeline,” Bell wrote on Facebook.

“It shows the love that she feels for her son, and is a beautiful moment (posted with her permission).”

Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’ 13418990_10153727202857759_927478770677003462_n
Please show your support for this brave Mummy. She posted this photo of her beautiful sleeping Angel (which I took as a volunteer for the charity Remember my Baby) on her timeline. It shows the love that she feels for her son, and is a beautiful moment. (Posted with her permission). Someone has reported the image to Facebook as offensive and left her feeling devastated. She has a right to be proud of her son and to post photos of him, just as any parent has the right to post photos of their children. She would much rather be posting images of him as he grows up, but proudly wanted to show him to her friends as she last remembered him. It is beyond cruel to report and crush her in this way. Please like and share the photo to show your support and let her know how beautiful her baby is. Thanks Remember My Baby ‪#‎remembermybaby‬ ‪#‎rememberthomas‬ ‪#‎babylossawareness‬ ‪#‎love‬ ‪#‎shineonthomas‬ ‪#‎remembrancephotos‬

“Someone has reported the image to Facebook as offensive and left her feeling devastated,” Bell continued. 
“She has a right to be proud of her son and to post photos of him, just as any parent has the right to post photos of their children.”
Bell said the mother would much rather be posting images of her son as he grew up, but instead wanted to show him to her friends as she “last remembered him”.
“It is beyond cruel to report and crush her in this way,” Bell continued.
“Please like and share the photo to show your support and let her know how beautiful her baby is. Thanks Remember My Baby.”
The photo was shared nearly 8,500 times within two days of being posted on Facebook by Bell on 19 June. 
Those commenting have called the photo “beautiful” and the mother “brave”.
“If people want to share photos of their beautiful babies then it is their decision to do so,” one mother commented.
“Why should they have to keep their photos private because it offends certain people. It is people like this woman who I think are wonderful and brave.
“Such a beautiful little boy. Thoughts are with you and any other parents that have and are going through this.”
Others shared their support too, writing: “Try to ignore the ignorant - there is no explanation for them. Wishing you peace and happy memories of your beautiful baby boy.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/stillborn-son-photo-offensive_uk_57691351e4b01fb658640bb0

Back to top Go down

Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’ Empty Re: Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:39 am

Neutral

YOU often have to wonder about those FaceBook staff, don't you  !!!

THE number of times that they apparently fail to answer reports of bullying, online threats, failing to act on truly offensive images --  often not doing anything until police or government agencies become involved..

AND YET,  we see here that someone at FB was foolish and/or insensitive enough, as to report one single complaint to this bereaved and mourning young mum !

You have to wonder what sort of unfeeling and non-thinking doofus they are employing, who is obviously incapable of using their own discretion and showing some compassion in situations like this one (where they could have just as easily, simply told the anonymous complainer something like "your comment is noted"..) ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’ Empty Re: Mother Devastated That Photo Of Son Who Died Was ‘Reported To Facebook As Offensive’

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:33 am

The only thing I can thik of Wolf, is that its another parent who has lost their child, that it was too upsetting for.
However my brother lost their child and two friends i know have and they always post up on their birthdays their pictures to be rememebered by, which helps the healing process.
Its a shame someone has complained and that FB took the action they did.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:35 pm

It's a beautiful yet heartbreakingly sad photo.
The mum wanted to share possibly the only photo she will ever have of her son, to object to that and find it distasteful is sad.

Maybe like Didge said it was a genuine concern by someone who has lost a child and finds it hard to look at someone elses pain, or it compounds their own pain... but we all grieve differently.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:02 pm

Syl wrote:It's a beautiful yet heartbreakingly sad photo.
The mum wanted to share possibly the only photo she will ever have of her son, to object to that and find it distasteful is sad.

Maybe like Didge said it was a genuine concern by someone who has lost a child and finds it hard to look at someone elses pain, or it compounds their own pain... but we all grieve differently.

+1

Its a shame if it was someone who has alsdo lost as this would have been a great way to reach out to others who have suffered with such a tragic incident. Its what i did with a friend when she had a still birth and got her in touch with my sister in law and they are now the best of friends and support for each other

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:It's a beautiful yet heartbreakingly sad photo.

+1

Its a shame if it was someone who has alsdo lost as this would have been a great way to reach out to others who have suffered with such a tragic incident. Its what i did with a friend when she had a still birth and got her in touch with my sister in law and they are now the best of friends and support for each other

I think knowing someone else who has been through a similar tragic loss would help a lot of people Didge. People sympathise but only someone who has lived through the same really knows what it feels like.
I'm glad your sis in law and friend found some comfort together. Smile
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:10 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

+1

I think knowing someone else who has been through a similar   tragic loss would help a lot of people Didge. People sympathise but only someone who has lived through the same really knows what it feels like.
I'm glad your sis in law and friend found some comfort together. Smile

Me too Syl and thanks

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:59 pm

I am with everyone here.
My friend Shatl, who lost her daughter Rhiya in such horrible circumstances, has pictures and photos all over her house of her daughter.
She finds is comforting and as she often says "I have two daughters....but one isn't here anymore"

I have no idea who'd complain about something like that but as wolf says, FB are not too quick about taking down spammy posts or bullying and racially offensive posts! In fact, they're crap.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:01 pm

eddie wrote:I am with everyone here.
My friend Shatl, who lost her daughter Rhiya in such horrible circumstances, has pictures and photos all over her house of her daughter.
She finds is comforting and as she often says "I have two daughters....but one isn't here anymore"

I have no idea who'd complain about something like that but as wolf says, FB are not too quick about taking down spammy posts or bullying and racially offensive posts! In fact, they're crap.

Indeed eddie and as i say i can only think its upset someone who has lost someone too, as anything else would be just malicious in my eyes to ask to be taken down.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:02 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:I am with everyone here.

Indeed eddie and as i say i can only think its upset someone who has lost someone too, as anything else would be just malicious in my eyes to ask to be taken down.

Sorry about your brothers child X
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Sorry about your brothers child X

It was a very long time ago, but thank you.

Nothing worse than having to watch a life support machine being switched off in Great Olmund Street Hospital and watching those last few breaths of life fade from a baby, not yet 11 months.

I would not wish that on anyone to bear witness too

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:20 pm

No.
I hear about Shatl's experience and I simply cannot imagine Didge. Hope your brother went on to find peace.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:24 pm

eddie wrote:No.
I hear about Shatl's experience and I simply cannot imagine Didge. Hope your brother went on to find peace.

They both have but the memory of pain is always there and every time I can when in london. I go to visit her grave where she is buried next to my baby sister, who also only lived just past one year. My parents bought a plot, with the intention they would be buried there, but it seems more fitting that ny niece was buried alongside my sister.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Yes that's a nice comforting thought, two little girls together to keep the other company.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down