NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity

3 posters

Go down

Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity Empty Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:17 pm

Dominique O'Brien, 25, said her 'world fell apart' when nurses gave her the news
Dominique decided to have growth scans throughout her second pregnancy
But medics failed to spot that her baby Elliot was missing some of his fingers
She is now considering sterilisation after losing faith in the medical community

A mother-of-two has slammed medics who failed to spot that her baby was missing some of his fingers during a scan just four days before her C-section.

Dominique O'Brien, 25, said that her 'whole world fell apart' when nurses gave her the news that her son Elliott had no fingers on one hand after his birth in February.

She is now considering sterilisation after losing faith in the medical community which failed to spot her baby's condition.

Dominique, from Netherton in Liverpool, decided to have growth scans throughout her second pregnancy after her first born Ethan was born extremely small.

However her child's condition - Symbrachydactyly, which affects 1 in 32,000 children - reminded undetected in every scan she had done.

During one of the scans a nurse even said to her 'look at your baby waving at you'.

She has since launched a petition, after discovering that it's not routine to check for fingers and toes in scans and there's no legal obligation to.

Elliott has a hand, but very short digits, with his pinky finger almost non-existent.

Dominique said: 'The whole experience has made me look into getting sterilised. I've lost all my trust and I won't have any more children now.

'It's been really hard and I felt so much guilty. That's why I launched my petition to get the procedure changed and make it compulsory to check for it in scans, to stop other families going through what I have.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6400811/Liverpool-mother-25-considers-STERILISATION-baby-boy-born-NO-fingers.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity Empty Re: Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Her baby is beautiful. So he's missing a few digits? At least he's otherwise healthy. A bit of a shock, sure, but not enough to react like this?
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity Empty Re: Devastated mother-of-two, 25, says she is considering STERILISATION because she has 'lost trust in the NHS' and doesn't want any more children after medics failed to spot that her son had a finger deformity

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:23 pm

What would she have done if she'd known? Have an abortion for such a trivial reason?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:23 pm

Best the millenial snowflake IS sterilized......the sooner the better. AND take the kids she does have off her.
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:What would she have done if she'd known? Have an abortion for such a trivial reason?

That was my first thought. I get the feeling she wanted a designer type baby and because it's less than perfect, she's having a tantie

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down