NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans

3 posters

Go down

Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans  Empty Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans

Post by Guest Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:01 am

An Ohio politician was interrupted by laughter from opposing party members during an impassioned speech in which she revealed that she had been raped.

Teresa Fedor, a Democrat State Representative, became so incensed during a debate on a bill to ban all but the earliest abortions that she stood up and spoke for the first time about her own personal experience with the issue.

House Bill 69, known as the Heartbeat Bill, would ban abortions in Ohio as soon as a fetal heartbeat could be detected by doctors – in some cases as early as six weeks.

It has proved controversial in a state where such a law is unlikely to ever be agreed by the Senate – and would probably be struck down by the US Supreme Court, which has generally ruled that states cannot impose abortion limits until around the 24-week mark.

But as the momentum of the debate went in favour of passing the law last week, 58-year-old Ms Fedor stood up and dressed down her colleagues for “stacking stories to weigh one way or the other”, according to local newspaper the Toledo Blade.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/ohio-democrat-teresa-fedor-speaks-out-during-abortion-debate-to-reveal-she-has-been-raped--and-is-interrupted-by-laughter-from-republicans-10142219.html

Back to top Go down

Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans  Empty Re: Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Women in politics soon learn that the tender approach does not work, especially with conservatives.  Of course they laugh.  Lady, you belong barefoot, pregnant and in front of a stove.  Anything less, and you'll get no respect.

Thus, from whence the war on woman.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans  Empty Re: Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans

Post by eddie Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:03 pm

Original Quill wrote:Women in politics soon learn that the tender approach does not work, especially with conservatives.  Of course they laugh.  Lady, you belong barefoot, pregnant and in front of a stove.  Anything less, and you'll get no respect.

Conservatives?? I think you mean "boys"
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:26 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Women in politics soon learn that the tender approach does not work, especially with conservatives.  Of course they laugh.  Lady, you belong barefoot, pregnant and in front of a stove.  Anything less, and you'll get no respect.

Do conservatives ever grow up? I suppose there is such a thing as good boys, but immaturity is certainly the adjective I would use for conservatives. They love their fighting...writ large, that means wars. They don't think things through. They cause messes that others must clean up. They have a huge appetite, and they are always trying to take from others.

I think it's not so much the male gender, as the immature element.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:09 am

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

Do conservatives ever grow up?  I suppose there is such a thing as good boys, but immaturity is certainly the adjective I would use for conservatives.  They love their fighting...writ large, that means wars.  They don't think things through.  They cause messes that others must clean up.  They have a huge appetite, and they are always trying to take from others.

I think it's not so much the male gender, as the immature element.

Yes quill. Boys!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:15 am

They have to be tough when this sort of stuff hits the headlines. From the Mail of course. What's that got to do with politics?

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/03/everyday-sexism-everyday-in-the-mail/
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:58 am

The article doesn't say, but I would assume the bill does not have an exemption for pregnancies due to rape. That's in most of these bills these days.

I don't know...you're asking me to rationalize for Republicans? These are the guys who hate everyone.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down