NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome

Go down

The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome Empty The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:34 pm

A Canadian teenager who was born with Down's syndrome has become a hit on YouTube after recording a cover version of a John Legend song.
Madison Tevlin's rendition of "All of Me" has been watched almost 5 million times and has been described as "inspirational" and "amazing."
But it has also attracted criticism.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31136574

Back to top Go down

The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome Empty Re: The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:41 pm

Interesting to read the comments, what do others think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpcYnSuf_7s

Back to top Go down

The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome Empty Re: The 'inspirational' teen singer with Down's syndrome

Post by eddie Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:22 pm

I don't know enough about the problems of downs sufferers to know if this is good or bad?
I have nothing to compare it to???

I mean, it's lovely that she's finding such enjoyment from singing but she's completely flat.

I sound like a bitch now, but im being honest
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:27 pm

eddie wrote:I don't know enough about the problems of downs sufferers to know if this is good or bad?
I have nothing to compare it to???

I mean, it's lovely that she's finding such enjoyment from singing but she's completely flat.

I sound like a bitch now, but im being honest

Your intent is not to be horrible, so no, you are not a bitch because she was flat, but some of the comments that knocked her were. What is special here is for such a child with such disabilities to be able to sing when they have such difficulties in speaking in the first place, which is why it is beautiful. No matter if it was flat for a child in her condition it was nothing short of amazing, which is more the point and for that I hold her in such high regard, To the point such a child is not only challenging perceptions about down syndrome children but looking to make her life better for herself. That takes great courage and even the fact it brings her so much happiness and love, is a blessing. Think about that Eddie and watch again and you will begin to see what I mean.

Catch you later

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:31 pm

Feel,like a prize prat now and horrible to boot Embarassed

I see what you're saying and went a did a quick read and yes, it's hard for them to talk in anything other than a type of "monotone"

Liek I said too, it's lovelt that she finds such obvious enjoyment out of singing - for that's all it should be when you strip it right down.
I Truly wish her well x
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:37 pm

eddie wrote:Feel,like a prize prat now and horrible to boot Embarassed

I see what you're saying and went a did a quick read and yes, it's hard for them to talk in anything other than a type of "monotone"

Liek I said too, it's lovelt that she finds such obvious enjoyment out of singing - for that's all it should be when you strip it right down.
I Truly wish her well x

You are a critic first eddie, because you have perfect pitch, I know this all too well myself, so there is nothing wrong with that. The only difference he is we have to look at how astounding this is for such a child to achieve and when you think about it, she managed to sing parts in tune, if only brief. It is a massive achievement and one again I hold in high regard. So there was nothing wrong with your critic, as that would be very right for many people. In this case though, she is well above the bar that is normally set.
Right have to go, but was very interested in this, some comments I read were poor but also saw others points here

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:23 pm

Some of the comments were downright ignorant!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:34 pm

certainly better than my "gravel on a tin roof" efforts let me tell you

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down