NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the best smack downs on religious belief

2 posters

Go down

One of the best smack downs on religious belief Empty One of the best smack downs on religious belief

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Christopher Hitchens was one of my favorites, but this surely is one of the funniest to even make the person you are debating  laugh.

Back to top Go down

One of the best smack downs on religious belief Empty Re: One of the best smack downs on religious belief

Post by Guest Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:07 pm

One of the best smack downs on religious belief 3489511464

Back to top Go down

One of the best smack downs on religious belief Empty Re: One of the best smack downs on religious belief

Post by veya_victaous Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:04 am

I actually though the pro-theist perspective was presented probably better than I've ever seen it done, to be fair. At least the faithful guy admitted it was his own assured opinion rather than objective fact.

I can't duplicate Harris' humor in the refutation, but I will say that demanding that anyone believe anything without evidence is oppressive. So many of the concepts in religion are oppressive, because they take all the power out of living people's hands and baselessly attribute them to a deity. So a brilliant surgeon who uses every ounce of skill and training he or she possesses to excise a tumor is nothing -- that tumor was removed because some imaginary being wanted it that way.

It's just the most thoroughly demeaning insult to human goodness, achievement and potential that I could possibly imagine. We routinely deny incredible people the credit for their accomplishments and attribute it instead to something which we can't even prove is real.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down