NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots

+5
Irn Bru
Lurker
Cass
Ben Reilly
veya_victaous
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Empty Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 pm

The great lumbering doofuses may be best known for decades of violent imperialism and choking on fast food at home, but it turns out they're also dumb. That's what a study from the Oklahoma State University Department of Agricultural Economics suggests, anyway, finding that 80% of Americans support "mandatory labels on foods containing DNA."

Mandatory labelling on foods containing potentially harmful substances are, sure as anything, a good provision. Only problem being, DNA exists in virtually all foods as it exists in all people. You might as well ask for mandatory labels on food containing food.

To be fair to American citizens, this doesn't mean they're dumb, but it speaks to the horrific state of the US education system and how severely the government is failing its people. That they would mistake a fundamental part of organic existence for a harmful chemical should tell you all you need to know about how well scientific education is funded in America.

The Washington Post also points out that a 2012 survey had 25% of America believing the sun revolves around the Earth. Someone get these seppos the Cosmos Blu-Rays.

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/science/study-concludes-80-of-americans-are-idiots-20150119-293171/
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Empty Re: Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:08 pm

well now...how about a packet of nuts that says ...warning contains nuts?......

I mean....durrr.....

Back to top Go down

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Empty Re: Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
The great lumbering doofuses may be best known for decades of violent imperialism and choking on fast food at home, but it turns out they're also dumb. That's what a study from the Oklahoma State University Department of Agricultural Economics suggests, anyway, finding that 80% of Americans support "mandatory labels on foods containing DNA."

Mandatory labelling on foods containing potentially harmful substances are, sure as anything, a good provision. Only problem being, DNA exists in virtually all foods as it exists in all people. You might as well ask for mandatory labels on food containing food.

To be fair to American citizens, this doesn't mean they're dumb, but it speaks to the horrific state of the US education system and how severely the government is failing its people. That they would mistake a fundamental part of organic existence for a harmful chemical should tell you all you need to know about how well scientific education is funded in America.

The Washington Post also points out that a 2012 survey had 25% of America believing the sun revolves around the Earth. Someone get these seppos the Cosmos Blu-Rays.

http://www.thevine.com.au/life/science/study-concludes-80-of-americans-are-idiots-20150119-293171/
And a 100% of them watch faux news

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:02 pm

hya man hows are things ?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:06 pm

darknessss wrote:hya man hows are things ?????
good thanks feeling a lot better than i did ,as they say time heals all wounds

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:12 pm

korban dallas wrote:
darknessss wrote:hya man hows are things ?????

Glad to hear!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Glad to hear!
Thanks ben
As they say a change is as good as a rest and after what happened i really needed some distance from everything
but loads better now :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:33 pm

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
whoa....not this chick.....and not a lot of my friends, family and co-workers either.....
welcome back - good to know you're ok x
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 pm

korban dallas wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
whoa....not this chick.....and not a lot of my friends, family and co-workers either.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:37 pm

Cass wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
thanks cass x

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:42 am

80%? Nah, there aren't that many Republicans.

Great to see you back KD.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:50 am

Original Quill wrote:80%?  Nah, there aren't that many Republicans.

but there are that many Christians Cool Cool Cool

DNA relies on Evolution to be a working theory, no wonder so many in the USA don't have a clue when it comes to basic science.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 pm

Thanks Q ,thats appreciated

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lurker Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:07 pm

Those man/woman on-the-street interviews that Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel and others have done, and still do, show just how stupid the average American is. I always get embarrassed and ashamed when I watch them. I shake my head and face palm about every day over some sort of human ignorance and stupidity. These people should not vote or breed.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:24 am

korban dallas wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
korban dallas wrote:

Glad to hear!
Thanks ben
As they say a change is as good as a rest and after what happened i really needed some distance from everything

That's the spirit Korben. Welcome back.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:45 am

Irn Bru wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Thanks ben

That's the spirit Korben. Welcome back.
cheers Irn and LW your welcomes are appreciated alien alien

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
korban dallas wrote:.............................

Thanks ben

pirat  

G'DAY  KD,  welcome back to the Bear Pit...

I bought myself a little boat last week..
Actually, it's a kayak that was a pretty good buy during the "after-Christmas" sales.
But a kayak is still a type of boat..

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816

Buy the Hat Wolf and no one can deny you're a Pirate

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Fancypirateelp290390
Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 1284863816
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:03 am

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Must-see-imagery-snickers-gun
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Make love and eat Snickers.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:19 pm

Lurker wrote:Make love and eat Snickers.

I prefer home made pecan chocolate fudge meself....it just so happens I discovered JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS AND THE REST OF MY LIFE that a co-worker makes exactly that.....my life is joyous.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:07 am

veya_victaous wrote:

DNA relies on Evolution to be a working theory, no wonder so many in the USA don't have a clue when it comes to basic science.

Yeah, but the great thing is that it still leaves a good 30 to 40 percent of us who aren't idiots.

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 2984306523
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:25 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Yeah, but the great thing is that it still leaves a good 30 to 40 percent of us who aren't idiots.

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 2984306523

yeah we aren't
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Iowa Freedom Summit 2015

(bring out your nuts )

No translations available

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 pm

korban dallas wrote:Iowa Freedom Summit 2015

(bring out your nuts )

Why? Is Senator from Iowa, Joni Ernst, going to be there?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Original Quill wrote:
korban dallas wrote:Iowa Freedom Summit 2015

(bring out your nuts )

Why?  Is Senator from Iowa, Joni Ernst, going to be there?
Aparrently not
Hear is a list of the runners and riders ,
i know some of them are of there rockers (the majority i suspect)

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Speake10

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Speake11

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Speake12
a line of confimed nuts

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Speake14

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Speake15

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Speake13
pretty nuts on this line as well

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:40 pm

@KD
the 2 lines you pointed out are completely nuts not a single bit of sanity between all 8 of them Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

first 2 rows were like i don;t really know any of them, then Palin Cool Cool Cool Cool Oh this is full of nuts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:01 pm

veya_victaous wrote:@KD
the 2 lines you pointed out are completely nuts not a single bit of sanity between all 8 of them Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

first 2 rows were like i don;t really know any of them, then Palin Cool Cool Cool Cool  Oh this is full of nuts Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Quite right some of them i don`t really know so was reluctant to brand them nuts just incase in the GOP there is some one with a degree of sanity
to paraprase a famous sifi movie

Facts ? Where we're going, we don't need facts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:03 pm

@Q Joni Ernst is in their as well

castarateing pigs as she goes no doubt :-)

edit ps bit slow tonight
just got the refreance to Nuts and Joni Ernst DoH!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:09 pm

korban dallas wrote:@Q Joni Ernst is in their as well

edit ps bit slow tonight
just got the refreance to Nuts and Joni Ernst
  DoH!!!

veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:11 pm

And just a note why do thouse guys still call some of them gov
when there clearly not anymore

ex gov at the very best

RW vindictive two face liars and fantasy merchants would be more accurate

Last edited by korban dallas on Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
korban dallas wrote:@Q Joni Ernst is in their as well

edit ps bit slow tonight
just got the refreance to Nuts and Joni Ernst
  DoH!!!

yup thats the one

strangest segway i have ever seen to be honest ........although the where some crackers in the freedom rally mike huckelbery chin and his sausages was a bit bizzar

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:08 am

korban dallas wrote:And just a note why do thouse guys still call some of them gov

ex gov at the very best

Aside to KD: Rank is permanent...highest rank attained prevails. A colonel is always 'colonel' until he becomes 'general'.

Then there is the issue of parallel ranks. I know a retired general who is also a PhD. Is he general, or is he doctor? I go with doctor in the grounds that it is the higher rank.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:
korban dallas wrote:And just a note why do thouse guys still call some of them gov

ex gov at the very best

Aside to KD: Rank is permanent...highest rank attained prevails.  A colonel is always 'colonel' until he becomes 'general'.

Then there is the issue of parallel ranks.  I know a retired general who is also a PhD.  Is he general, or is he doctor?  I go with doctor in the grounds that it is the higher rank.
Not really a "rank" though
it`s a position, a public position your elected to Not promoted too
yes i admit i am being perdantic but thats the problem americans seem to give titles for life
Ex ,former ov is fine
but calling them gov all the time even when there not in office seems somewhat redundent and misleading

over hear
if your a MP then your an MP when your not an mp ...your not

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:34 am

korban dallas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Aside to KD: Rank is permanent...highest rank attained prevails.  A colonel is always 'colonel' until he becomes 'general'.

Then there is the issue of parallel ranks.  I know a retired general who is also a PhD.  Is he general, or is he doctor?  I go with doctor in the grounds that it is the higher rank.
yes i admit i am being perdantic but thats the problem americans seem to give titles for life
Ex ,former ov is fine
but calling them gov all the time even when there not in office seems somewhat redundent and misleading

over hear

Well, but both rank and professional status change the address of 'mister' to something else...general, doctor, and a lawyer is addressed as 'counselor'.  Over here, they don't drop it.

I don't see it as a problem.  It's just different, that's all.  America was pretty much anti-aristocracy or inherited status.  No earls or dukes.  More like a meritocracy.  Generals have to be promoted; doctors and lawyers have to be tested; teachers qualified, and so forth.  Things that don't just go away.

Politicians have to be elected; I don't know why they continue with the title, indeed why do the British change titles after office?  Anyway, it doesn't bother me.  Just different.  It could be from the rank of judge, a political appointee, but still continues to be qualified. Also, politicians tend to be associated with political machines that raise money even after office; it could be that keeping the title helps them keep the identity in order to raise money or maintain control. Louisana's Judge Perez? Chicago Mayor Daley? Boston Mayor "Honey-Fitz" Fitzgerald? These guys ran things long after office.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:52 am

Original Quill wrote:
korban dallas wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Ex ,former ov is fine

over hear

Well, but both rank and professional status change the address of 'mister' to something else...general, doctor, and a lawyer is addressed as 'counselor'.  Over here, they don't drop it.

I don't see it as a problem.  It's just different, that's all.  America was pretty much anti-aristocracy or inherited status.  No earls or dukes.  More like a meritocracy.  Generals have to be promoted; doctors and lawyers have to be tested; teachers qualified, and so forth.  

Politicians have to be elected; I don't know why they continue with the title, indeed why do the British change titles after office?  Anyway, it doesn't bother me.  Just different.  It could be from the rank of judge, a political appointee, but still continues to be qualified.

See that's why in Australia when they leave the position of power they get a new title Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Normally Dickhead or Wanker Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink
Mind you Considering at them moment is Aussie politics you can just say 'the fuckwit' and every assumes you are talking about PM Abbott we don't really do the whole 'respect' and stuff.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I don't see it as a problem.  It's just different, that's all.  America was pretty much anti-aristocracy or inherited status.  No earls or dukes.  More like a meritocracy.  Generals have to be promoted; doctors and lawyers have to be tested; teachers qualified, and so forth.  

Politicians have to be elected; I don't know why they continue with the title, indeed why do the British change titles after office?  Anyway, it doesn't bother me.  Just different.  It could be from the rank of judge, a political appointee, but still continues to be qualified.

See that's why in Australia when they leave the position of power they get a new title Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Mind you Considering at them moment is Aussie politics you can just say 'the fuckwit' and every assumes you are talking about PM Abbott we don't really do the whole 'respect' and stuff.

Well, that happens here too. GWB for example.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:30 am

To put it another way -- if you're talking about GWB you can call him "Mr. President" and then proceed to give him the reaming he deserves ... but people will remember that you called him "Mr. President" and commend you on your respectful criticism Smile

It's just a game, like the myriad other games people run.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots DoctorInmate_zps606674a0
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Well, that happens here too.  GWB for example.

The only Ex-PM respected here is Bob Hawke but even then the respect has nothing to do with being ex-PM. He was a Beer Sculling Champion Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 2097912929 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 2097912929 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 2097912929 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 2097912929 I think the clip is from a couple of years ago so he was about 83 then

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432 Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 630750432
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:27 am

Lone Wolf wrote:Smile

THE term "Professor" is another of those that an individual leaves behind when they leave that job.

THE title of "Professor" is attached to the "Chair" in the faculty of the Uni' that they're employed by ~ and not to the person themselves (and where their respective personal title remains as Dr., Mr., Master, general dog's body, "hey you !" or whatever)..

THAT'S why the universities created the retirement title Emeritus Professor.      study

THOSE desperates who cling to titles they no longer have any legitimate claim to are basically guilty of fraud..      And,  what sorry cases some old frauds can be; (E.g.  'Lady' Susan Renouf;  
'Lord' Christopher Monckton..)

LIKEWISE, down here - as in Britain and many other countries - those Politikal titles such as Governor, Prime Minister, Premier and Minister belong to the "Office" that the incumbent occupies, and not to that individual.    Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots 3893789544     That's why we refer to them as "former" or "ex-".
I agree compleatly
I have never and would never use my actual rank when meeting people or introducing my self unless i was in anyway relevent or required

it seemed tacky to cling on to it ,As if thats how i defined my worth,with a rank and since it no longer applied it was no longer relevent

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:36 am

Study concludes 80% of Americans are idiots Must-see-imagery-chelsea-handler
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 am

cause we where schooled in england

the clip

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:37 am

I own land in Scotland where I am called "the Laird of Glencoe" so I should be called "SIR" I don't bother trying to enforce it, it's a bit embarrassing actually.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:40 pm

nicko wrote:I own land in Scotland where I am called "the Laird of Glencoe"   so I should be called "SIR"  I don't bother trying to enforce it, it's a bit embarrassing actually.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 pm

nicko wrote:I own land in Scotland where I am called "the Laird of Glencoe"   so I should be called "SIR"  I don't bother trying to enforce it, it's a bit embarrassing actually.
i am guessing the souvenir plots Niko ....unless you own an estate ???

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:19 pm

Damn, caught out Embarassed
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:25 pm

nicko wrote:Damn, caught out Embarassed
Sorry nicko :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next