NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

+8
eddie
Original Quill
Maddog
magica
'Wolfie
Miffs2
Raggamuffin
Syl
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? Empty Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

I am getting sick of good threads descending into pathetically childish name calling drivel that would make a 10 year old seem ridiculous.. I, and I suspect many others just give up reading them. 

It is  imo spoiling the debates and discussion for everyone else...and its happening more and more.

Where's Lord Foul when you need him??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? Empty Re: Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 pm

You can't take this forum seriously these days, so why bother? Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? 2190311264
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? Empty Re: Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots?

Post by Miffs2 Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:08 pm

Syl wrote:I am getting sick of good threads descending into pathetically childish name calling drivel that would make a 10 year old seem ridiculous.. I, and I suspect many others just give up reading them. 

It is  imo spoiling the debates and discussion for everyone else...and its happening more and more.

Where's Lord Foul when you need him??

Agreed every thread ends up with the same.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:14 pm

Could be because threads run out steam after about 2-3 posts.

We are dealing with a severe lack of intelligence on here

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:18 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:Could be because threads run out steam after about 2-3 posts.

Cool

If you quit this forum today, SmellyDumbKlutski, the average intelligence across the board would jump by several points, just with your absence...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:31 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:Could be because threads run out steam after about 2-3 posts.

Cool

If you quit this forum today,  SmellyDumbKlutski,  the average intelligence across the board would jump by several points, just with your absence...

I would call you a half wit, but that would be flattery.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:33 pm

It happens on all forums Syl, there's always one lol.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:39 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Cool

If you quit this forum today,  SmellyDumbKlutski,  the average intelligence across the board would jump by several points, just with your absence...

Point in case.

This is why threads get hijacked, I would say wolfie is the worst culprit for thread derailment

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 pm

The point this thread derailed

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Tribalism.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:42 pm

Maddog wrote:Tribalism.  

That's true.

People. Take sides they don't agree with just to stick J two fingers up at the other side

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:

That's true.

People. Take sides they don't agree with just to stick J two fingers up at the other side

There was a good article by a sociologist of some sort a few months ago about gun laws. She mentioned that some of the anti gun ideas of the left were proven to be ineffective in changing gun violence. However those supporting those measures didn't care. It's not really about making things better as much as it is irritating your political opponents.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Maddog wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

That's true.

There was a good article by a sociologist of some sort a few months ago about gun laws.  She mentioned that some of the anti gun ideas of the left were proven to be ineffective in changing gun violence. However those supporting those measures didn't care. It's not really about making things better as much as it is irritating your political opponents.  

That sounds bang on.

And its not limited to gun laws it permeates all issues and discussions.

Infowars sent their reporter into an anti trump area somewhere in the states and started asking people what they thought about trumps tax reforms and they loved it

They loved it because he told them it was bernies tax reforms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:43 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

Point in case.

This is why threads get hijacked, I would say wolfie is the worst culprit for thread derailment

Actually, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of you, Russ. You engage in a lot of malice and nonsense.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:03 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Cool

Quote Syl:

"I am getting sick of good threads descending into pathetically childish name calling drivel that would make a 10 year old seem ridiculous.. I, and I suspect many others just give up reading them.

It is imo spoiling the debates and discussion for everyone else...and its happening more and more.

Where's Lord Foul when you need him??"

Case in point.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

Original Quill wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Cool

Point in case.

Actually, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of you, Russ.  You engage in a lot of malice and nonsense.

Yeah because calling someone "smellylickybickyppobumbumnernerbolloxywank" is REALLY what we look for in a great debate.

You need to own your own bias against the fuckeries Quill. It isn't going unnoticed.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:07 pm

There aren't enough independent free-thinkers on here that aren't afraid to actually say what they mean and fucking own it.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:08 pm

eddie wrote:

There aren't enough independent free-thinkers on here that aren't afraid to actually say what they mean and fucking own it.  

Name them then?

Or are you one of those people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:08 pm

IMO, it's the mindless insults and the "know all" attitude of some posters which wreck threads.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Actually, when I saw this thread I immediately thought of you, Russ.  You engage in a lot of malice and nonsense.

Yeah because calling someone "smellylickybickyppobumbumnernerbolloxywank" is REALLY what we look for in a great debate.  

You need to own your own bias against the fuckeries Quill. It isn't going unnoticed.

Why are you bothered about name calling?

Just get on with the debate

Smelly says about the most horrendus things going about women, ethnic groups, Muslims etc.

Do you think the names called to him, are worse than the hate he perpetuates?

He is not a snowflake and has broad shoulders and I think some on here just like to kick up a drama over anything

So what if people call each other names, its just words that are utterly meaningless

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You can't take this forum seriously these days, so why  bother? Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? 2190311264

I honestly believe that you can’t take any forum seriously nowadays, whether it’s a free standing one like this or tied into a publication etc... For at least the last 10 years or so. Even the slow cooker/cooking/instapots groups have become ridiculous.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Cass wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You can't take this forum seriously these days, so why  bother? Why are so many good threads being hijacked by idiots? 2190311264

I honestly believe that you can’t take any forum seriously nowadays, whether it’s a free standing one like this or tied into a publication etc... For at least the last 10 years or so. Even the slow cooker/cooking/instapots groups have become ridiculous.

Yes, but this is supposed to a forum to discuss news, so it would be nice if there were actually some sensible debates without the nonsense that some people contribute. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

When did I ever use the term: ""smellylickybickyppobumbumnernerbolloxywank"? I engage in serious political debate. When a thread migrates into names and insults, I generally leave it...not because I'm such a good guy, but because I'm bored.

We used to have a strong tradition of emphasizing the message over the messenger--a tradition that I started, initially on FF, and brought here--but now we have an influx of alt.right posters who who speak derisively about and to adversaries. That doesn't go unnoticed by me.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:50 pm

People can speak what they like about whatever they like. I tend to think when people need to start calling people silly-arse names most of us do an eye roll and move on to another thread.
Personally I don't think calling people silly names to try and insult them means a whole lot to most of us but it does sound like something a very small child might do - and you can't debate with a child.

And you don't use childish words like the one I mentioned - that's because you like proper debate and are a grown up, I assume.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

Name them then?

I need to name them? I don't think I do. That's a bit like stating the obvious and I'm not really one to state the obvious.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:56 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Name them then?

I need to name them? I don't think I do. That's a bit like stating the obvious and I'm not really one to state the obvious.

Rubbish and gutless

You just harped on about people not being independent free thinkers and not actually saying what they mean. Where when I call you out on this, you clearly backtrack.

I have never had a problem speaking my mind and telling people exactly what I think

You clearly do not want to name, names, as you do not want to ruffle feathers with some people

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:11 pm

With all the left wing/PC bias in the media these days, it would be nice to be able to discuss/debate things honestly and openly and from other angles, without leftys constantly just shouting SIXHIRB insults in an attempt to silence it...

You would think that if they were so right, they would have plenty of arguments to give in support to justify things... I wonder why they only ever shout abuse and SIXHIRB...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:With all the left wing/PC bias in the media these days, it would be nice to be able to discuss/debate things honestly and openly and from other angles, without leftys constantly just shouting SIXHIRB insults in an attempt to silence it...

You would think that if they were so right, they would have plenty of arguments to give in support to justify things... I wonder why they only ever shout abuse and SIXHIRB...?

So Tommy wants to deny free speech and protect racists, xenophobes, etc from being called out for what they are.

Quelle surprise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 pm

eddie wrote:

you think?

i think we're all pretty independent.

i have my opinion - no one has to agree with me but it's hardly likely to change my opinion (although not completely impossible)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Didge wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:With all the left wing/PC bias in the media these days, it would be nice to be able to discuss/debate things honestly and openly and from other angles, without leftys constantly just shouting SIXHIRB insults in an attempt to silence it...

So Tommy wants to deny free speech and protect racists, xenophobes, etc from being called out for what they are.

Quelle surprise

Read his second sentence. If a person believes in their argument then there is no need for name calling. once a person starts with the name calling,,,,racist/homophobic etc etc line it shows that they have no valid argument to offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:22 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

Quelle surprise

Read his second sentence.  If a person believes in their argument then there is no need for name calling.  once a person starts with the name calling,,,,racist/homophobic etc etc line it shows that they have no valid argument to offer.

Excuse me?

Come again?

If that person post something racist, then they are racist, period

The best thing for them to do is not be racist, dont you think?

To say its not valid is protecting those prejudice.

As what you are saying is people cannot rightly say if someone is being racist

The argument is never valid if hateful a prejudice, the point you glaringly miss

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:24 pm

What I mean, Didge, is bring valid points/arguments/reasons about what is actually being said... not just keep popping up posting insults/SIXHIRB at posters...!

Quite simple...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:25 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
What I mean, Didge, is bring valid points/arguments/reasons about what is actually being said... not just keep popping up posting insults/SIXHIRB at posters...!

Quite simple...

What valid points?

If something is racial in intent and prejudice, how is it valid?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:29 pm

I mean, for example, Gelico has never been to Paris.

I have and any others who have will tell you its beautiful.

So I know why Gelico classes it as a shithole and it has nothing to do with how beautiful the city looks but parts that have Muslims living there.

So is that not a xenophobic view?

She will claim a view of no-go areas, which is hyped up by some of the media.

The reality is any city has with certain criminal elements. Which has gone on for centuries with cities throughout the world.

So am I wrong to class her view as xenophobic or not?

To say I cannot point this out is again those prejudice, trying to defend those prejudice.

As Gelico has never been and yet she believes she can class somewhere a shithole. Its based on what she has read, not on what she has actually seen and its based around a bias of an ethnic people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

Read his second sentence.  If a person believes in their argument then there is no need for name calling.  once a person starts with the name calling,,,,racist/homophobic etc etc line it shows that they have no valid argument to offer.

Excuse me?

Come again?

The argument is never valid if hateful a prejudice, the point you glaringly miss

that's because you are just so 2 dimensional didge, that is such a simplistic view

all arguments are valid, all opinions are equally valid

if you cant argue an opinion or point of view without accusing someone then you've kinda lost before you start, you shouldnt need to, the debate will just show different points of view is all

i'm not talking about banter either just the incessant screams of racist/homophobe/misogynist blah blah. and i dont think tommy was talking specifically about this forum either. it;s a general trend it seems to me

it's boring

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Okay well there you go. Some people prefer to just debate the point and others think that calling someone a poo-head is just as effective as debate.

Case closed. Take your time it's simply really and furthermore....burrrrger.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:32 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

Excuse me?

Come again?

that's because you are just so 2 dimensional didge, that is such a simplistic view

if you cant argue an opinion or point of view without accusing someone then you've kinda lost before you start,  you shouldnt need to, the debate will just show different points of view is all

i'm not talking about banter either just the incessant screams of racist/homophobe/misogynist blah blah.  and i dont think tommy was talking specifically about this forum either.  it;s a general trend it seems to me

it's boring

I am the least 2 dimentional person going

Since when are all arguments valid?

Was the argument to exterminate the Jews a valid argument?

Everyone is entittled to an opinion, it does not make their opinion valid. 

A reasoned argument, not defined by prejudice and bias, makes for a good argument, but then even then someone can come up with something better.

So no, not all arguments are valid, some are crap, wrong, good and excellent.

See my previous post, to show, where to me, you were being xenophobic in your view of Paris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

Didge wrote:I mean, for example, Gelico has never been to Paris.

So I know why Gelico classes it as a shithole and it has nothing to do with how beautiful the city looks but parts that have Muslims living there.

The reality is any city has with certain criminal elements. Which has gone on for centuries with cities throughout the world.

To say I cannot point this out is again those prejudice, trying to defend those prejudice.

As Gelico has never been and yet she believes she can class somewhere a shithole. Its based on what she has read, not on what she has actually seen and its based around a bias of an ethnic people

I've never been to Somalia. I'm pretty sure it's a shithole by and large.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:33 pm

a) so you would talk about me rather than to me even though you know i'm here (yes, very adult didge)
b) yes, I have been to Paris, twice but not in recent years
c) I have seen enough recent footage of what Paris is like now to not particularly want to return

it certainly looked like a shithole

it's my opinion and it's valid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

if you cant argue an opinion or point of view without accusing someone then you've kinda lost before you start,  you shouldnt need to, the debate will just show different points of view is all

i'm not talking about banter either just the incessant screams of racist/homophobe/misogynist blah blah.  and i dont think tommy was talking specifically about this forum either.  it;s a general trend it seems to me

it's boring

A reasoned argument, not defined by prejudice and bias, makes for a good argument,

indeed and i will add

a reasoned argument, not defined by name calling makes for a good argument also

so we are agreed then

jolly good

btw what you said about Paris was bollox

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:37 pm

gelico wrote:

a)  so you would talk about me rather than to me even though you know i'm here (yes, very adult didge)
b)  yes, I have been to Paris, twice but not in recent years
c)  I have seen enough recent footage of what Paris is like now to not particularly want to return

it certainly looked like a shithole

it's my opinion and it's valid

1) Misdirection and zero relevance, as i said it on the very thread

2) So not in years

3) So nothing you have actually seen

And what made you come to the conclusion its a shithole?

Come on lets have some honesty?

Was it the Eiffel Tower, the Notre Dame, the markets, scenary?

Come on lets here was videos you have watched

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:38 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

A reasoned argument, not defined by prejudice and bias, makes for a good argument,

indeed and i will add

so we are agreed then

jolly good

How is it name calling to class someone what they are?

So we are not agreed

And you want to still defend prejudice people

Quelle surprise

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Still waiting to see these videos Gelico

Anytime would be good

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:48 pm

Didge... people are free to make their own minds up about things... and a discussion/debate about anything should be based on relevant points/facts/arguments... there is no want/need for any poster to be here trying to be some sort of self appointed morally superior PC police cunnystubble and judge over what other posters say...!

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Didge will never be able to debate properly on here. If someone doesn't say exactly what he wants them to say, he hurls abuse at them, and then says he's being "honest". He's not, he's being abusive.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Didge wrote:Still waiting to see these videos Gelico

Anytime would be good

go look them up for yourself

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:49 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Didge... people are free to make their own minds up about things... and a discussion/debate about anything should be based on relevant points/facts/arguments... there is no want/need for any poster to be here trying to be some sort of self appointed morally superior PC police geranium and judge over what other posters say...!

Again what relevant points, if they are prejudiced and biased?

Again you are entittled to say what you like, just as i am.

It seems, you want to censur speech in favour to allow yourself free reign to be prejudiced

Aint going to happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:51 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

indeed and i will add

so we are agreed then

jolly good

So we are not agreed

Quelle surprise

i am supporting civil debate no matter how unpalatable certain views may be

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:51 pm

gelico wrote:
Didge wrote:

So we are not agreed

Quelle surprise

How is it uncivil to call out a racist as being racist?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 pm

Didge wrote:
gelico wrote:

How is it uncivil to call out a racist as being racist?

well, if that's all you're capable of then that's all you will do

whatevs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next