NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies

4 posters

Go down

Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies Empty Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:46 pm

Over the weekend, a Texas gun rights group repeatedly reenacted the Charlie Hebdo massacre in order to determine whether it could have been prevented if one of the editors or cartoonists had been armed, CBS DFW reports.
Members of the group, “The Truth About Guns,” recreated the Hebdo offices, then took turns playing the role of the “armed civilian” in the scenario.
No matter how the situation played out, though, one thing remained consistent — if the “armed civilian” confronted the attackers, he or she died. The only time the “armed civilian” survived was when the volunteer playing him ran away at the first sound of gunfire. 

He started shooting,” volunteer Linda Cruz said, “and I started shooting, and I died” — that is, she was shot by a paintball in a area that the group designated was a “critical hit.”
Another volunteer, Parks Matthew, said he “still got killed, but did better than I thought I would.”
His “death” would not, however, deter him from acting in a situation with an actual hostile shooter. “If I’m in a movie theater and someone pulls a gun, what am I going to do?” he asked.
“I know now I’m not gonna just fall on my kids and protect them, I need to advance on the threat.”
As the Facebook post below indicates, the group actively solicited volunteers for the simulation:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/texas-gun-rights-group-reenacts-paris-massacre-with-armed-civilian-and-everyone-still-dies/

Back to top Go down

Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies Empty Re: Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies

Post by Cass Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:55 pm

I don't know which is more disgusting.......the fact that they role played a recent tragedy in which real people died or their delusional beliefs......

asshats (copyrightedTM)
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies Empty Gun rights group simulates Hebdo massacre with armed victim -- everyone still "dies"

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:13 pm

Over the weekend, a Texas gun rights group repeatedly reenacted the Charlie Hebdo massacre in order to determine whether it could have been prevented if one of the editors or cartoonists had been armed, CBS DFW reports.

Members of the group, “The Truth About Guns,” recreated the Hebdo offices, then took turns playing the role of the “armed civilian” in the scenario.

No matter how the situation played out, though, one thing remained consistent — if the “armed civilian” confronted the attackers, he or she died. The only time the “armed civilian” survived was when the volunteer playing him ran away at the first sound of gunfire.

“He started shooting,” volunteer Linda Cruz said, “and I started shooting, and I died” — that is, she was shot by a paintball in a area that the group designated was a “critical hit.”

Another volunteer, Parks Matthew, said he “still got killed, but did better than I thought I would.”

His “death” would not, however, deter him from acting in a situation with an actual hostile shooter. “If I’m in a movie theater and someone pulls a gun, what am I going to do?” he asked.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/texas-gun-rights-group-reenacts-paris-massacre-with-armed-civilian-and-everyone-still-dies/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies Empty Re: Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:29 pm

Merged same story.

and this happens every time. it is already proven armed civilians don't do anything and often make things worse.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:35 pm

Whoops! Thanks veya.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:36 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Whoops! Thanks veya.

Great minds think alike and even where they have political differences.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:39 pm

veya_victaous wrote:Merged same story.

and this happens every time. it is already proven armed civilians don't do anything and often make things worse.

Really easy to game it out, too. I encountered one argument that armed people in a grocery store would make shoppers more safe, but it's so simple to show how this isn't true:

1) A small group of terrorists or gunmen walks into the grocery and start shooting.

2) One or two armed shoppers near the front start firing back, creating a crossfire that makes all the space between them a danger zone.

3) Several other armed shoppers in the back arrive but have to guess who the bad guys are under high stress and fear.

4) Then the armed police arrive to deal with possibly several different groups of shooters.

Easy to see how everyone would be much safer if they ran back, hid and called police immediately.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:30 am

Texas gun rights group reenacts Paris massacre with ‘armed civilian’ — and everyone still dies 366646_v1
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 am

I'm still going to go with heat, though. Heat is more deadly than any toddler with a gun, which is more deadly than any terrorist. Come on, let's all launch the War on Heat -- Freon is Your Friend.

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/23/138626251/heat-the-most-dangerous-natural-disaster
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:13 am

Actually, let me revise that; the number one killer of human beings in the world is coronary heart disease, so let's declare a war on that. Just imagine these things:

Smoking
High levels of certain fats and cholesterol in the blood
High blood pressure
High levels of sugar in the blood due to insulin resistance or diabetes
Blood vessel inflammation

... in a turban and go fucking nuts!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:07 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually, let me revise that; the number one killer of human beings in the world is coronary heart disease, so let's declare a war on that. Just imagine these things:

Smoking
High blood pressure

this is interesting and kind of Scary.....tuberculosis making a huge comeback as well as whooping cough and this measles outbreak.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/index2.html

as to toddlers, so damn sad that within last few weeks we've had 2 incidents where they've shot their parents, one fatally.

wtf is wrong with people? vaccinate your kids and keep them away from guns FFS
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Cass wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:Actually, let me revise that; the number one killer of human beings in the world is coronary heart disease, so let's declare a war on that. Just imagine these things:

Smoking
High blood pressure

this is interesting and kind of Scary.....tuberculosis making a huge comeback as well as whooping cough and this measles outbreak.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs310/en/index2.html

as to toddlers,  so damn sad that within last few weeks we've had 2 incidents where they've shot their parents, one fatally.

wtf is wrong with people? vaccinate your kids and keep them away from guns FFS

These are conspiracy types, so prevalent on the right.  "You are taking away my guns!"  "There are death panels written into the Affordable Care Act."  "Vaccinations are really implantation of GPS devices so the NWO knows where everyone is."

Some of them really work. Look back at Richard Cheney: "There are WMDs in Iraq." So don't be too quick to laugh and slap the knee.

Any questions as to how crazy American politics is getting?  Hopefully, these are the death throes of conservatism in America.  I would hate to think it is the future--a throw-back to the Dark Ages. Well, conservatives love throw-backs, don't they?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:18 pm

actually quill a lot of the anti-vaccinators are on the left. They just bought into a bunch of junk science. Its not necessarily a political thing more parental but both sides on the extremes are using it as such.

my opinion is this - if you want don't want your kids to be vaccinated then fine but keep them away from others who you put at risk - its your choice not theirs. and do NOT come to my story time and library and spread your germs by sneezing all over me. Because of one such lady and her 2 kids who noses were snot factories I'm currently in bed shivverinv my ass off and head pounding.

also if you want to carry guns around in public places perhaps you should learn some basic safety lessons before your child kills you or others.

what the hell ever happened to decent manners and remembering that your personal actions have effects on others?

people sometimes need a good ole slap of common senseness.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:50 pm

Cass wrote:actually quill a lot of the anti-vaccinators are on the left. They just bought into a bunch of junk science. Its not necessarily a political thing more parental but both sides on the extremes are using it as such.

my opinion is this - if you want don't want your kids to be vaccinated then fine but keep them away from others who you put at risk - its your choice not theirs. and do NOT come to my story time and library and spread your germs by sneezing all over me. Because of one such lady and her 2 kids who noses were snot factories I'm currently in bed shivverinv my ass off and head pounding.

also if you want to carry guns around in public places perhaps you should learn some basic safety lessons before your child kills you or others.

what the hell ever happened to decent manners and remembering that your personal actions have effects on others?

people sometimes need a good ole slap of common senseness.

Quite right.  It's not all a RW thing.  

Even I was one of the first to say that there is back-story to Waco and the Oklahoma City bombing that doesn't make the feds look good.  But the point is that I don't go on to the next level and allege that we should coalesce around a general conspiracy theory that the government is out to get us.

The RW merges their conspiracies with the thesis that all government is up to no good, and an 'I told you so' attitude based upon their opposition to regulation and taxes.  They merge these two themes and then whisper cryptically about 'slippery slopes' and 'liberal tyrannies' that will bring an end to the world.

All they are doing is assuring everyone will get sick with measles and we will see Manhattan under water with global warming.  The king's new clothes...there is such a thing as reality.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down