NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Rich and stupid" transcending race

3 posters

Go down

"Rich and stupid" transcending race Empty "Rich and stupid" transcending race

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:15 am

Earlier this month, Charles Barkley referred to Ferguson protesters as “scumbags” who “aren’t real black people.” After being called out for his offensive remarks by TNT colleague Kenny Smith in an open letter, the pair confronted each other during an episode of “NBA on TNT.” That’s when Barkley made an asinine statement about slavery.

“I don’t think anytime anything bad that happens in the black community we have to talk about slavery,” Barkley said. “Listen, slavery is, uh, well, I shouldn’t say one of the worst things ever, because I don’t know anything about it other than what I read or what my grandmother told me.”

According to Barkley, slavery wasn’t so bad. It’s a statement that many white supremacists are probably pinning to bulletin boards in glee. But Alabama Senator Hank Sanders was deeply hurt by what Barkley said, and composed an epic open letter to teach Sir Charles just how bad slavery was and how it still affects us today.

Here’s is the full letter as published by AL.com:

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/12/26/alabama-senator-teaches-charles-barkley-how-bad-slavery-was-in-epic-open-letter/

I've said it before, but a good portion of the U.S. racism problem is classism going by another name. Simply put, it's easier in the U.S. to talk about race than about class, which is a taboo subject thanks to the long-running American phobia toward anything smacking of a narrative that says you can't be anything you want to be in the United States, the Land of Opportunity ... it's bullshit capitalism-justifying propaganda, just the way the aristocracy likes it.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

"Rich and stupid" transcending race Empty Re: "Rich and stupid" transcending race

Post by Original Quill Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:22 pm

As an intelligent being, Barkley is a great basketball forward.  He is best known internationally for his famous words, I ain't no role model!

Bradley is what a mouth looks like, devoid of a brain.

No wait...that's Dennis Rodman.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

"Rich and stupid" transcending race Empty Re: "Rich and stupid" transcending race

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down