NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain

3 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Empty Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain

Post by Irn Bru Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 pm

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has been named the new England captain by manager Roy Hodgson.

The 28-year-old takes over from Liverpool's Steven Gerrard, who retired after England's World Cup elimination.

Rooney has 40 goals in 95 appearances, and was named club captain by United boss Louis van Gaal earlier this month.

"It is something I will take massive pride in doing. To be appointed captain is beyond my wildest dreams. " said Rooney on his official website.

Wayne Rooney's time as England captain has come - Roy Hodgson

England play Norway at Wembley on 3 September in a friendly before their Euro 2016 qualifying campaign starts in Switzerland on 8 September.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28963116

I'm sure Wayne will be an excellent role-model for young kids across the land who want to play football and of course Grannies who are on the game as well. lol

Seriously - well done to the lad
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Empty Re: Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:27 am

are you pulling my leg???? seriously? ???? it took him tip the end of his 3rd world cup to do anything......good grief
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Empty Re: Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:50 pm

I have to admit I had my concerns about this but apparently he's grown up now.  Some of his past behaviour on the pitch has not been fitting of an England Captain.

Best of luck Wayne, do us proud Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Soccer12

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:58 pm

feelthelove wrote:I have to admit I had my concerns about this but apparently he's grown up now.  Some of his past behaviour on the pitch has not been fitting of an England Captain.

Best of luck Wayne, do us proud Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Soccer12

its not just previous behaviour off the pitch but his ability on the pitch I'd question but hey ho here we go.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

Cass wrote:
feelthelove wrote:I have to admit I had my concerns about this but apparently he's grown up now.  Some of his past behaviour on the pitch has not been fitting of an England Captain.

its not just previous behaviour off the pitch but his ability on the pitch I'd question but hey ho here we go.....

Agreed Me Lady, he is so hit and miss and to me does not have his heart in the game, he allowed his celebrity status to get the better of him, when in fact he could have been one of the best, which to me is the greater shame and me being an Arsenal supporter, have to admit that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:22 pm

Cass and Didge, who would you have liked to see as England Captain? Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Footba16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Joe Hart, James Milner or Danny Welbeck.

just because Rooneys the one with most appearances or is considered the old man of the team doesn't mean he should get it.....Stevie G was different although he too had a poor showing this world cup.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Cass wrote:Joe Hart,  James Milner or Danny Welbeck.

just because Rooneys the one with most appearances or is considered the old man of the team doesn't mean he should get it.....Stevie G was different although he too had a poor showing this world cup.

Agreed, I don't think Wayne can be trusted to keep his temper either No

Would be great to see the England Team at it's best.  I'm not sure Wayne wants or needs it enough x

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 pm

feelthelove wrote:
Cass wrote:Joe Hart,  James Milner or Danny Welbeck.

Agreed, I don't think Wayne can be trusted to keep his temper either No

Would be great to see the England Team at it's best.  I'm not sure Wayne wants or needs it enough x

I forgot Cahill.

yes agree on Rooney's temper but as we saw DB grew up after 98 so we'll see how it goes.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm not a huge football fan but I ALWAYS get behind England and they ALWAYS let me down too soon into any competition Sad

I'd love to see them do well Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Footba17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:41 am

feelthelove wrote:I'm not a huge football fan but I ALWAYS get behind England and they ALWAYS let me down too soon into any competition Sad

I'd love to see them do well Wayne Rooney: England name Man Utd striker as new captain Footba17

well ye ole blighty comes in here at #3 after the 2 motherlands but we all cheer for them regardless.

I had to learn the language of footballese in order to communicate with Mr. C and the juniors.....as well as golf.....the things I do for love.....honestly.....
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:55 pm

Fuzzy Zack wrote:I guess in terms of seniority and experience, he was the obvious choice.

Gerrard, Lampard, Rio - all retired.

But shows how shit England has become when you give the worst performing player the captaincy.

Agreed on that, a shame Ramsey plays for Wales, he would be the ideal choice for me as an England Captain, by hey am biased being a Gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:26 am

Didge wrote:
Fuzzy Zack wrote:I guess in terms of seniority and experience, he was the obvious choice.

Gerrard, Lampard, Rio - all retired.

But shows how shit England has become when you give the worst performing player the captaincy.

Agreed on that, a shame Ramsey plays for Wales, he would be the ideal choice for me as an England Captain, by hey am biased being a Gooner

WHO ARE YA, WHO ARE YA, WHO ARE YA?
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 am

Cass wrote:
Didge wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQ9CnWVNlQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:34 am

Didge wrote:
Cass wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQ9CnWVNlQ

Cool
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down