NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ISIS declare war on Japan

+5
Lone Wolf
nicko
Tommy Monk
Raggamuffin
The Puzzler
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ISIS declare war on Japan - Page 2 Empty ISIS declare war on Japan

Post by The Puzzler Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

A Japanese man believed to be a mercenary operating in Syria has been filmed being tied up and interrogated at knifepoint by ISIS jihadists speaking in British accents.

Japan says it is investigating claims that one of its citizens has been captured by militants near Aleppo, as evidence emerged that the captured man appeared to be a self-styled security contractor.

A video clip posted on YouTube showed a T-shirt clad man lying on the ground being questioned by unidentified persons and responding that he was Japanese and that his name was Haruna Yukawa.

He told his captives that he was a journalist and doctor, but reports have subsequently emerged that his name matches that of the chief executive of a self-described 'private mercenary' and military firm.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2727683/Japanese-mercenary-captured-interrogated-knifepoint-ISIS-jihadists-British-accents-Syria.html#ixzz3AkHalA2U

Hopefully they've finally bitten off way more than they can chew, there are not enough words in the world to describe how utterly evil and demonic these jihadists are. May a thousand pigs shit on the corpses of all 'British' ISIS fighters.
The Puzzler
The Puzzler
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

ISIS declare war on Japan - Page 2 Empty Re: ISIS declare war on Japan

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Thank you.  Have you ever shaken hands with this old man?  Had a beer with him?  

::=|Q::

GOD keeps a weekender down on the western shores of Lake Macquarie, aka "Paradise"...

AS I SAID to him at afternoon tea on Saturday: "Doesn't it get tiresome hearing so many bozo's, zealots and sophists who are all so keen to declare that they alone 'know the mind of God' all the time ?"

"OCH AYE, old bean.." the charitable old deity replied, "..they're all as boring as bat shit and twice as crazy. Pass me another beer, there's a good chap; thee's a gentleman and a scholar.."  Arrow

Now that's a diety I can have a drink with. That's all I've been asking for...that, and he pays.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:58 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Lone Wolf wrote:
::=|Q::

GOD keeps a weekender down on the western shores of Lake Macquarie, aka "Paradise"...

AS I SAID to him at afternoon tea on Saturday: "Doesn't it get tiresome hearing so many bozo's, zealots and sophists who are all so keen to declare that they alone 'know the mind of God' all the time ?"

"OCH AYE, old bean.." the charitable old deity replied, "..they're all as boring as bat shit and twice as crazy. Pass me another beer, there's a good chap; thee's a gentleman and a scholar.."  Arrow

Now that's a diety I can have a drink with.  That's all I've been asking for...that, and he pays.

The thing is though Quill, while I admire the concept you follow on Jesus's teachings it is flawed for the simple fact being Jesus was a man and yes a great teacher he advocated abandonment of families, where his followers left all to follow him. This is not something I would advocate to any, with a family. As I say, he had many great things to say and was way ahead of his time, but as seen he did have flaws also

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:38 pm

Didge wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Now that's a diety I can have a drink with.  That's all I've been asking for...that, and he pays.

The thing is though Quill, while I admire the concept you follow on Jesus's teachings it is flawed for the simple fact being Jesus was a man and yes a great teacher he advocated abandonment of families, where his followers left all to follow him. This is not something I would advocate to any, with a family. As I say, he had many great things to say and was way ahead of his time, but as seen he did have flaws also

I've heard you say this before, Didge. I have never seen a scripture of his advocating family abandonment. But that's really not the important thing.

I look at it differently...especially since I think we will argue the above point ad nauseam. Jean Jacques Rousseau was the originator of social theory. Herbert Marcuse, Reason and Revolution: Hegel and the Rise of Social Theory (1941). Some say he also abandoned his children.

Do you think it would be wise to abandon social theory for that reason? What Christ advocated was an early brand of humanism, which has grown and flowered despite all the Pauline Church has done to squelch it. Would that other religions harbored that theme and quality.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

I've heard you say this before, Didge.  I have never seen a scripture of his advocating family abandonment.  But that's really not the important thing.

I look at it differently...especially since I think we will argue the above point ad nauseam.  Jean Jacques Rousseau was the originator of social theory.  Herbert Marcuse, Reason and Revolution: Hegel and the Rise of Social Theory (1941).  Some say he also abandoned his children.

Do you think it would be wise to abandon social theory for that reason?  What Christ advocated was an early brand of humanism, which has grown and flowered despite all the Pauline Church has done to squelch it.  Would that other religions harbored that theme and quality.

Ohh its there, for a start Peter was married with children and he asked all to give up everything to follow him and he also shunned his own family., this is all found in the scriptures.
Again most of his views were ahead of his time, but he advocated abandonment.

“Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:53 pm

[29] "I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God [30] will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:14 pm

Bit of a ruse there, Didge.  Give the whole quote from Luke:

Luke 10-29 wrote:Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!  Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."  Those who heard this asked, "Who then can be saved?"  Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."  Peter said to him, "We have left all we had to follow you!" (29) "I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

Is he actually advocating against family, or using it as a point of emphasis to argue for the importance of God?  But this whole discussion is for naught.  These are the words of Luke, written after Christ's death.  Luke was a follower of Paul:

Wiki wrote:Luke, was born in Antioch, by profession, was a physician. He had become a disciple of the apostle Paul and later followed Paul until his [Paul's] martyrdom. Having served the Lord continuously, unmarried and without children, filled with the Holy Spirit he died at the age of 84 years.

The whole movement to suppress Christian humanism came from the Pauline Church.

But we arguing examples here.  Does this side-bar on Luke mean we should suppress Christian charity?  I think we can honor Christian charity and argue Luke, or the meaning of the words from the Pauline Bible, another time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:Bit of a ruse there, Didge.  Give the whole quote from Luke:

Luke 10-29 wrote:Jesus looked at him and said, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!  Indeed, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."  Those who heard this asked, "Who then can be saved?"  Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."  Peter said to him, "We have left all we had to follow you!" (29) "I tell you the truth," Jesus said to them, "no one who has left home or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God 30 will fail to receive many times as much in this age and, in the age to come, eternal life."

Is he advocating that, or using it as a point of emphasis to argue for the importance of God?  But this whole discussion is for naught.  These are the words of Luke, written after Christ's death.  Luke was a follower of Paul:

Wiki wrote:Luke, was born in Antioch, by profession, was a physician. He had become a disciple of the apostle Paul and later followed Paul until his [Paul's] martyrdom. Having served the Lord continuously, unmarried and without children, filled with the Holy Spirit he died at the age of 84 years.

The whole movement to suppress Christian humanism came from the Pauline Church.

But we arguing examples here.  Does this side-bar on Luke mean we should suppress Christian charity?  I think we can honor Christian charity and argue Luke, or the meaning of the words from the Pauline Bible, another time.

Of course he advocated this Quill, all his apostles left everything to follow him and as seen he advocates those first chosen into the kingdom of heaven are those that leave everything including their own families
We are using books here on the historical Jesus, which there is no doubt there is more validity to his sayings that there is to claims on what he did in life. You cannot pick and choose which books of parts of books you wish to follow, where if you follow sayings about Jesus, then you have to take on board some things he said were at odds with the unity of families.
I back your view on Pauline Christianity, which is not what I am arguing against

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:25 pm

Well, let's put aside the whole family issue.  Because, as with my example with Rousseau, we don't throw out the baby with the bath.

I think the argument from Luke 10:29 is not there.  But that discussion is for another time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:Well, let's put aside the whole family issue.  Because, as with my example with Rousseau, we don't throw out the baby with the bath.

I think the argument from Luke 10:29 is not there.  But that discussion is for another time.

As I say Quill, most of his views are inspirational and way ahead of their time, which I have no issue with

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2