NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rift between Trump and his running mate

4 posters

Go down

The rift between Trump and his running mate Empty The rift between Trump and his running mate

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:53 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) — When presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump was "pro-choice in every respect," Indiana Gov. Mike Pence compared abortion to the tragedy of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

When Pence opposed providing gay Americans with the protection of anti-discrimination laws, Trump declared that the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission needed to protect gay rights in the workplace.

And when Trump was applauding state lawsuits against big tobacco companies, Pence declared that "smoking doesn't kill."

Over the past two decades, Trump has disagreed with his vice-presidential pick on plenty of political issues, including immigration policy, entitlement programs and trade. On social issues above all, Trump and Pence arrive at the 2016 general election from very different paths.

In writings on his campaign website in 2000, Pence likened America to the Titanic, "steaming away from the safe harbor of our best moral and religious traditions." Trump, at that time, pronounced himself indifferent to such fears.

"Hey, I lived in New York City and Manhattan all my life, OK?" Trump said in a 1999 NBC interview. "So, my views are a little bit different than if I lived in Iowa, perhaps."

Pence, an Evangelical Christian who doesn't drink, has charted a seemingly immovable social hard-line for decades, tracing back to his failed Congressional bids in the late 1980s and early '90s before his time in the U.S. House and term as Indiana governor.

Trump, a mainline Protestant who also doesn't drink, has revamped his positions on gay rights, abortion and other social issues several times over the years, including some that changed regularly during this election cycle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-pence-dont-agree-key-social-economic-policies-124104185--election.html?nhp=1

Tomorrow = shit+fan
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

The rift between Trump and his running mate Empty Re: The rift between Trump and his running mate

Post by Guest Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:48 pm

The rift between Trump and his running mate Pencet10

Now that is AMUSING ...

Back to top Go down

The rift between Trump and his running mate Empty Re: The rift between Trump and his running mate

Post by eddie Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:32 pm

Hahahahaha that is amusing! lol!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:23 am

And remember Pence was caught out spending donations to his own campaign a few years back paying his mortgage, his houshold bills and payments for his wife's car. Trump material right enough and a reformed bible puncher to boot. He's fit right in in our parlaiment as well Laughing

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mike-pence-used-campaign-funds-to-pay-his-mortgage--and-it-cost-him-an-election/2016/07/15/90858964-49ed-11e6-bdb9-701687974517_story.html?tid=pm_pop_b
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

The rift between Trump and his running mate Empty Well, 'Cheeto-Jesus'...just laid the BIG ONE; confirmation on live TV - "I WILL DECLARE WAR ON ISIS", Yiiper, that's what he said!

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:29 am

Trump and Pence to appear on 60 Minutes
Donald Trump and his running mate Mike Pence will appear on 60 Minutes in their first joint interview this Sunday
Presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and his running mate Indiana Governor Mike Pence will appear on 60 Minutes in their first joint interview. The sit-down, conducted by Lesley Stahl, will be broadcast on Sunday, July 17 at 7 p.m. ET/PT.
Stahl interviewed Trump and Pence in Trump's New York residence this afternoon. Excerpts of the interview will appear on CBS News platforms later today and tomorrow.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-and-pence-to-appear-on-60-minutes/
Lesley Stahl, asked Trump ...'what will you do about ISIS?'
Trump: "what we should have done long ago - go to war and do it BIGLY - get NATO involved - we pay a lot to NATO and get barely anything in return - get the surrounding neighbors involved, like Turkey!"

Lesley kept asking about our TROOPS? Would you send troops into that region if you are declaring WAR on ISIS; she never got a answer!

But, OMG ...this ignorant ranting human is going to get our military into such horrible - horrendous regions trying to eradicate an IDEOLOGY that is as slippery as holding water in our hands!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 am

"Do it BIGLY"??

I had to look up this Trump-term http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/09/24/bigly_or_big_league_what_exactly_is_donald_trump_saying.html
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:42 pm

eddie wrote:"Do it BIGLY"??

I had to look up this Trump-term http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/09/24/bigly_or_big_league_what_exactly_is_donald_trump_saying.html
Trying to keep up with the fractured vocabulary that 'cheeto-jesus' displays ...especially when he's in front of a live interview or mic'd platform to speak; you won't know utterance will fall out of his head that was just created and makes NO SENSE.  

Watching his brief segment on '60' Minutes, reminded me of when I worked with those your Asberger - Autistic children and they knew a party was about to happen and there would be CAKEThe rift between Trump and his running mate 3922118137
I just found the printed interview exchange between Pence & Chump and Lesley Stahl and I was in error when I heard him say 'BIGGLY' ...this is what they printed text stated > 

Lesley Stahl: You want to send Americans--
Donald Trump: Excuse me-- and we're going to have surrounding states and, very importantly, get NATO involved because we support NATO far more than we should, frankly, because you have a lot of countries that aren't doing what they're supposed to be doing. And we have to wipe out ISIS. And speaking of Turkey, Turkey is an ally. Turkey can do it by themselves. But they have to be incentivized. For whatever reason, they're not. So we have no choice.
Lesley Stahl: But I still don't know if you're going to send troops over--
Donald Trump: Very little. I'm gonna--
Lesley Stahl: But declare war--
Donald Trump: --get neighboring states and I'm going to get-- we are going to get NATO; we're going to wipe 'em out. We're gonna--
Lesley Stahl: But declare war?
Mike Pence: Lesley--
Lesley Stahl: What does that mean--
Mike Pence: This is-- this is the kind-- this is the kind of leadership that America needs and it--
Lesley Stahl: But what--
Mike Pence: -and it begins with deciding to destroy the enemies of our freedom.
Lesley Stahl: How?
Mike Pence: And how we do that? I have every confidence. You-- you remember I served on the Foreign Affairs Committee. And I'm very confident that when Donald Trump becomes president of the United States, he'll give a directive to our military commanders, bring together other nations, and we will use the enormous resources of the United States to destroy that enemy.
Donald Trump: Now look, we are going to get rid of ISIS, big league. And we're going to get rid of 'em fast. And we're going to use surrounding states. We're going to use NATO, probably. And we're going to declare war. It is war. When the World Trade Center comes tumbling down, with thousands of people being killed, people are still-- I have friends that are still--
Lesley Stahl: But we did go to war, if you remember. We went to Iraq.
Donald Trump: Yeah, you went to Iraq, but that was handled so badly. And that was a war-- by the way, that was a war that we shouldn't have entered because Iraq did not knock down--excuse me
Lesley Stahl: Your running mate--
Donald Trump: Iraq did not--
Lesley Stahl: --voted for it.
Donald Trump: I don't care.
Lesley Stahl: What do you mean you don't care that he voted for?
Donald Trump: It's a long time ago. And he voted that way and they were also misled. A lot of information was given to people.
Lesley Stahl: But you've harped on this.
Donald Trump: But I was against the war in Iraq from the beginning.
Lesley Stahl: Yeah, but you've used that vote of Hillary's that was the same as Governor Pence as the example of her bad judgment.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-trump-pence-republican-ticket/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lurker Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:10 pm

The rift between Trump and his running mate Trump_10
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down