NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scientology loses another celebrity

3 posters

Go down

Scientology loses another celebrity Empty Scientology loses another celebrity

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:42 pm

Leah Remini, the star of "King of Queens," has reportedly quit Scientology.

According to the New York Post, Remini was subjected to "years of 'interrogations' and 'thought modifications'" after she questioned Scientology leader David Miscavige. A source told the Post that the church questioned Remini's family and "blacklisted" her before she quit.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/11/leah-remini-scientology_n_3579261.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Scientology loses another celebrity Empty Re: Scientology loses another celebrity

Post by Lurker Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:18 am

Scientology may be the most stupid and most dangerous cult of all the major religions.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Scientology loses another celebrity Empty Re: Scientology loses another celebrity

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:46 am

Yeah, honestly I don't see how they get any new members these days, after all that's been published about them. Must be some hardcore low-information types -- or, more likely, they're snatching up people when they're at their most vulnerable (typical cult strategy from what I understand).
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:56 am

i was watching a documentary about them yesterday and they are harassing the former founder and calling him a squirrel of something!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:58 am

The main thing that they were doing to deter them was by turning up their water sprinklers! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Instigator66 Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:54 am

Ben_Reilly wrote:Yeah, honestly I don't see how they get any new members these days, after all that's been published about them. Must be some hardcore low-information types -- or, more likely, they're snatching up people when they're at their most vulnerable (typical cult strategy from what I understand).

I think that applies to all religion in modern societies. I go to school with a person who just "became a full Christian" and it's amazing to me that people are so willing to leave reason behind.
Instigator66
Instigator66
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:08 am

Instigator66 wrote:I think that applies to all religion in modern societies. I go to school with a person who just "became a full Christian" and it's amazing to me that people are so willing to leave reason behind.

Could also be down to social pressure of one form or another. My ex-fiancee used to pressure me to get more involved with her church (hilariously, she thought it would also change my political views and I'd become a Republican). Hey, nice to see you here again!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Instigator66 Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:22 am

It's good to be back. I haven't forgotten you all, the new job just doesn't afford me the same opportunities to play on the interwebs during the day and school is keeping me busy the rest of the time. I should be done around April. study 
Instigator66
Instigator66
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down