NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:23 pm

blackie333 wrote:I'd starve before eating eating a witchity grub or a crocodiles balls that's for sure.
There love of money is far greater than mine and that is the only reason they agree to do it in my opinion.
Some say they fancied doing it for the adventure but that's a load of bollox as far as i'm concerned.
Veterans of Special Forces wouldn't blink a eye at eating anything but for most of us it would just turn our stomachs to
even think of eating any creepy crawlie.
How much would you want to go in to the jungle and do that show?
I wouldn't do it for any amount personally!

I was amazed to learn on "downed aircrew" courses decades ago just how many creepy-crawlies and other assorted nasties were the ingredients for a, ahem, "delicious and nourishing meal."

However, not qualifying to go up I never had to face the possibility of coming down in the wrong place, so I was never able to put theory into practice.

And for the record, I have never watched "I'm a Celebrity" - and I don't intend to, thank you very much.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by nicko Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Survival course for some Para's.... Worms, Frogs, newts, nettles ect.

I was only sick twice!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:05 pm

nicko wrote:Survival course for some Para's.... Worms, Frogs, newts, nettles ect.

I was only sick twice!

It was well known in the RAF that you blokes would eat anything...even when you were still in Blighty.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Our Cooks were better than your cooks, so there!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:47 pm

nicko wrote:Survival course for some Para's.... Worms, Frogs, newts, nettles ect.

I was only sick twice!

I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sick_210 That's awful Nicko x

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:53 pm

meh
had most things mentions so far
had croc but not the gonads (internal)
witchity grubs aren't great but not too bad tasting, I'd have it over that fermented fish the swedes eat
Neutral
have not have newts,
and nettles not sure, i have had some wierd asain greens that are similar but not stinging nettes from the UK.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:58 pm

nettles aint bad actually

you can even eat em raw if you "stroke" the stings off the leaves first

however since they do contain silicon dioxide grains they can still upset those of a delicate constitution...

Raw or quickly boiled they taste rather like peas of all things...and make a good source of fibre and vitamins/minerals......
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:42 am

Lord Foul wrote:nettles aint bad actually

you can even eat em raw if you "stroke" the stings off the leaves first

however since they do contain silicon dioxide grains they can still upset those of a delicate constitution...

Raw or quickly boiled they taste rather like peas of all things...and make a good source of fibre and vitamins/minerals......

You'll be telling me you pickle it next I'm a celebrity get me out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sigh12

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:54 am

Squirrel is not too bad, but keep away from Crow.

Wood Pigeon is very nice, I only take the Breasts, lightly score them, and cook in butter 3 mins each side.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down