NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects

4 posters

Go down

Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects Empty Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects

Madeleine McCann detectives finalise plans to finally swoop on prime suspects as McCanns return to Portugal

Kate and Gerry McCann arrived in Portugal last night as police hunting for missing daughter Madeleine prepared to swoop on eight suspects.

Scotland Yard’s Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood and Portuguese officers are believed to have finalised plans to arrest the men after tying up legal red tape.

They will quiz three suspected burglars, who were in Praia da Luz at the time Madeleine vanished in 2007, and five men who worked at the Ocean Club resort where the McCanns were staying.

Portuguese law means local police will do the questioning but British officers can sit in on the interviews.

A source in Portugal said: “The ­questioning will be done by the Portuguese, either at Faro or Portimao police stations. The men will be detained as ‘arguidos’ – or formal suspects.

“The British are ready to go at a moment’s notice, but the decision on when the questioning begins is for the Portuguese police. It could start as soon as late June.

“The permission has been granted and there is not more legal paperwork to apply for.” The development came as the McCanns headed to Lisbon to give court statements in their libel case against the ­ retired detective who led the original investigation.

Goncalo Amaral, 57, claimed in 2008 book The Truth of the Lie that Maddie – three when she vanished – died in an ­accident and her parents covered it up.

Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, of Rothley, Leics, are suing him for £1million.

Last week Met officers finished searching wasteland in a fruitless eight-day hunt for clues. But they said it was only the “first phase” of a major investigation and fresh activity would “commence shortly”.

Detectives from Operation Grange – the Metropolitan Police unit set up to solve the seven-year-old mystery – believe Maddie was snatched by burglars who panicked after waking her.

Phone records show the suspects made an unusually high number of calls to each other in the hours immediately after she vanished.

A source close to the McCanns said: “It could be a major breakthrough. Kate and Gerry are buoyed by this latest development.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-return-portugal-3701443

Back to top Go down

Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects Empty Re: Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Sassy wrote:Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects

Madeleine McCann detectives finalise plans to finally swoop on prime suspects as McCanns return to Portugal

Kate and Gerry McCann arrived in Portugal last night as police hunting for missing daughter Madeleine prepared to swoop on eight suspects.

Scotland Yard’s Det Chief Insp Andy Redwood and Portuguese officers are believed to have finalised plans to arrest the men after tying up legal red tape.

They will quiz three suspected burglars, who were in Praia da Luz at the time Madeleine vanished in 2007, and five men who worked at the Ocean Club resort where the McCanns were staying.

Portuguese law means local police will do the questioning but British officers can sit in on the interviews.

A source in Portugal said: “The ­questioning will be done by the Portuguese, either at Faro or Portimao police stations. The men will be detained as ‘arguidos’ – or formal suspects.

“The British are ready to go at a moment’s notice, but the decision on when the questioning begins is for the Portuguese police. It could start as soon as late June.

“The permission has been granted and there is not more legal paperwork to apply for.” The development came as the McCanns headed to Lisbon to give court statements in their libel case against the ­ retired detective who led the original investigation.

Goncalo Amaral, 57, claimed in 2008 book The Truth of the Lie that Maddie – three when she vanished – died in an ­accident and her parents covered it up.

Kate, 46, and Gerry, 45, of Rothley, Leics, are suing him for £1million.

Last week Met officers finished searching wasteland in a fruitless eight-day hunt for clues. But they said it was only the “first phase” of a major investigation and fresh activity would “commence shortly”.

Detectives from Operation Grange – the Metropolitan Police unit set up to solve the seven-year-old mystery – believe Maddie was snatched by burglars who panicked after waking her.

Phone records show the suspects made an unusually high number of calls to each other in the hours immediately after she vanished.

A source close to the McCanns said: “It could be a major breakthrough. Kate and Gerry are buoyed by this latest development.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/gerry-kate-mccann-return-portugal-3701443

And there we have it.  Unlike Tommy who believes the parents are guilty and had something to do with her disappearance and claims the UK police do too, it actually transpires that they don't.

What say you to this Tommy?
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects Empty Re: Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:32 pm

There is evidence of THe scent of death in The apartment, and on The McCanns hire car that was hired over 3 weeks after girl disappeared and on the McCanns clothes and cuddle cat toy.

The scent of death only starts getting peakeapdd from a dead body after about one and a half hours, so girl must have been dead in The apartment for at least that long before body was moved elsewhere.

So unless burglars killed her and then sat around for another hour and half twiddling their thumbs, then I think not.

Plus the fact that no evidence was found at the apartment to support this theory.

No fingerprints, DNA, foot prints or anything else was found to back up mystery intruder/s story.

There is always the chance that This is just a story put out by police to get the McCanns to return to Portugal, and The people who are going to be arrested may be ones who police think might have helped McCanns in hiding body..... and McCanns might be 2 of those that police are planning to arrest again.

We shall see.....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:05 pm

There you go, Tommy knows more that the police. Course you do Tommy lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:25 pm

To be fair, this isn't the first time a "suspect" has piqued interest, is it?
There were the two paedophiles in prison a few months back, there was the back rasta who, I believe was a burglar and who fell under a tractor?, then there are these eight suspects and of course the parents right at the beginning.
Not to mention all the different descriptions of "suspects" we've had over seven years - one who even resembled Gerry!

Open minds eh? Could be any one of the people mentioned above.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm

What are You talking about Sassy???
How am I saying I know more than the police?
I am merely speculating based on the evidence that is already out there and widely available to all.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Course you were Tommy  Rolling Eyes Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:33 pm

eddie wrote:To be fair, this isn't the first time a "suspect" has piqued interest, is it?
There were the two paedophiles in prison a few months back, there was the back rasta who, I believe was a burglar and who fell under a tractor?,  then there are these eight suspects and of course the parents right at the beginning.
Not to mention all the different descriptions of "suspects" we've had over seven years - one who even resembled Gerry!

According to papers this suspect died in. 2009
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/20/madeleine-mcann-suspect-died-in-2009
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:What are You talking about Sassy???
I am merely speculating based on the evidence that is already out there and widely available to all.

Oh?

Wasn't it just yesterday you said FACT: The McCanns killed Madeleine or something resembling that anyway.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Poor Tommy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Never mind Tommy, if they make the arrests they will ask you to come out and advise them, as an expert, of course!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Spindleshanks wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:What are You talking about Sassy???
Oh?
Wasn't it just yesterday you said FACT: The McCanns killed Madeleine or something resembling that anyway.

Did I...?????

Maybe you can provide us with exactly what I said instead of your straw man......!?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:02 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:
Spindleshanks wrote:
Oh?

Did I...?????

Maybe you can provide us with exactly what I said instead of your straw man......!?

By all means Smile

Here are the facts....

All The available evidence points to the girl died in The apartment and The parents were involved in hiding the body.

FACT!

The British and Portuguese police both believed this and were working under the basis that the girl died in The apartment and The parents were involved in hiding the body.

FACT!

Ok, you didn't actually say they had killed her, but what you said is close enough to that effect.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:10 pm

And The third bit....?????

Then tell me which bit of this is not correct????

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:23 pm

To be fair, this isn't the first time a "suspect" has piqued interest, is it?
There were the two paedophiles in prison a few months back, there was the back rasta who, I believe was a burglar and who fell under a tractor?, then there are these eight suspects and of course the parents right at the beginning.

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:26 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:And The third bit....?????

Then tell me which bit of this is not correct????

Unlike you, I'm not suggesting that any of it is fact.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:33 pm

Noted Eddie!

I'm not suggesting it either. It is fact.

Still waiting for the third bit of what I posted, And tell me which part is not factually correct....!?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Noted Eddie!

I'm not suggesting it either. It is fact.

Still waiting for the third bit of what I posted, And tell me which part is not factually correct....!?

I will reiterate. Unlike you, I'm not claiming anything is fact.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:56 pm

Are You claiming what I said isn't fact.....????

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Spindleshanks Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:Are You claiming what I said isn't fact.....????

lol!

I'm suggesting that you, like everyone else doesn't have a clue what happened to the child, but only you it seems is claiming you know facts behind the case. Even the police haven't gone that far.
Spindleshanks
Spindleshanks
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:12 pm

Rumour and stories equals fact to Tommy and he knows better than the police. Why they don't employ him I haven't a clue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:56 pm

So you are saying what I said is factually incorrect....????

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Yes, but you have been explained why over and over again and chose to ignore it, so carry on Tommy, it obviously helps you even if it bores everyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:10 pm

What I said is completely factual and correct.

It has been me min has explained it over and over again with proof from official police files, statements and records.

And It is you and crew who have chosen to ignore it all.

I have shown that ALL THE AVAILABLE evidence all points in The same direction.

I have shown that both Portuguese and British police were working under the belief that the girl died in The apartment and parents were involved in hiding and disposing the body.

And There is no evidence that there was any abduction by a mystery intruder.

This is all true, completely factually correct.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:13 pm

You have shown nothing of the sort.

That is what you have decided from rumours and bits you have picked up from the internet. The police have said so and are most definitely not saying so now, and they were there was no evidence against them.

You can rattle on all you like Tommy. Repeating rubbish doesn't make it true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:31 pm

You can keep lying and saying it's just rumours and bits off the internet as much as You like.

Fact is it is evidence from official police files, statements and documents.

And actual footage of sniffer dogs in action.

Both Portuguese and British police were working under the belief that the girl died in The apartment and The parents were involved in hiding the body.

Fact!

This has already been argued abouton other thread and shown to be the case.

Just denying it And saying it is not true doesn't make it any less true you know.....

MAybe you should do a bit of reading of THe police files and come back to us when you know what you Are talking about.....
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Not fact, only in your head, but there you go.

If it was fact they would be in jail. If it was fact the British police would not be looking to arrest other people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:41 pm

It is fact Sassy.

I have shown official documents stating exactly that.

You need enough evidence to secure a conviction, and sadly there was not enough.

That doesn't mean there was none.

If the girl was alive, they wouldn't be digging up ground looking for her.....

Perhaps you should study the McCann thread properly and check out the authenticity of the facts provided before you just dismiss them all as 'just rumour and bits off the internet'......

You won't though, because you Are in denial and don't want to find that it is all true and from official police documents and statements......
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 pm

I have. In fact, if YOU read it, you will see I posted a long post that refutes the lot.

So go on Tommy tell me, why aren't the McCanns in custody and why was it announced there was no evidence against them, and why are the British police planning to arrest other people, who they have shown were operating burglaries in the area and whose phones went nuts just at the time Maddie disappeared?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:08 pm

Your list was McCann excusing waffle lies and spin.

I have already answered second question.

Third, it has always been possible that some other person or people were also involved..

Maybe this is the missing piece of jigsaw.....

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:35 pm

://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/: ://?roflmao?/:  ://?roflmao?/:  

Phone the police Tommy, offer them your services so they can have a laugh as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:53 pm

I don't think they are laughing about The disappearance of a 3 year old girl, and neither am I.

I'm glad you find it so funny.....

Have you read the evidence and police files yet....?
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:05 pm

I'm laughing at you, because you're a joke.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:25 pm

And you're an idiot who is completely ignorant of the facts.

But who then thinks they know everything, and know more then someone who has actually read the evidence.......

Last edited by Tommy Monk on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:28 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Well apparently the police have read it as well, and come to a different conclusion. Go on Tommy, write to them, tell them where they are wrong!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Sassy wrote:You have shown nothing of the sort.

That is what you have decided from rumours and bits you have picked up from the internet.   The police have said so and are most definitely not saying so now, and they were there was no evidence against them.

You can rattle on all you like Tommy.   Repeating rubbish doesn't make it true.

And the newspapers have had so many suspects it beggars belief!

This case is muddy, always has been. Nothing is clear cut and I'm not even sure the truth will ever come out.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:49 pm

They never knew about the phone records before and the police obviously do not think the McCanns had anything to do with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by harvesmom Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:17 pm

eddie wrote:To be fair, this isn't the first time a "suspect" has piqued interest, is it?
There were the two paedophiles in prison a few months back, there was the back rasta who, I believe was a burglar and who fell under a tractor?,  then there are these eight suspects and of course the parents right at the beginning.

Well in March this year Scotland Yard were looking for a 'sex attacker' who preyed on english girls, appeared at the same time as the binmen and had a big red circle on the back of his t shirt. Wonder what happened to him.

Now we are back to the 3 burglers, who are not new suspects, in January this year they had already been identified by Scotland Yard, had phone records looked at and criminal background checks done.

Begs the question that if they are real suspects why has it taken 6 months for them to be pulled in for interviews. If it weren't such a serious matter it would be bloody laughable.
harvesmom
harvesmom
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:54 am

Oh and here are the other suspects:

Gerry and Kate McCann return to Portugal as police poised for arrests of three suspects Image12

He only looks a bit like old Gerry but it's probably another coincidence.
Apparently, quite a few hundred people phoned in to crime watch that night saying the same thing.

I'm not sure I can think of another missing child case where the original suspects were the parents, then years later another "suspect" looked very much like one of the parents?
Probably a coincidence though.
There's a lot of them in this case, probably a coincidence though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down