NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent?

+2
Maddog
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent? Empty Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:49 pm

https://www.businessinsider.com/met-police-scans-8600-faces-resulting-in-1-arrest-2020-3?r=US&IR=T

British police used facial recognition to scan more than 8,000 people's faces in one of London's busiest shopping districts, and it yielded far more false than correct positives.

As spotted by British privacy advocacy group Big Brother Watch, statistics released by London's Metropolitan Police show it deployed Live Facial Recognition (LFR) technology on February 27 at Oxford Circus, a busy area in the center of London frequented by tourists and shoppers.

The figures show the police scanned roughly 8,600 people, and the technology threw up eight matches from its database of faces. Seven of these were false positives however, resulting in five incorrect "engagements." A spokesperson for the Met told Business Insider that in the case of these five "engagements" officers spoke to the individuals flagged and ascertained that they were not individuals wanted by the police.

Wow, I bet that one arrest cost a lot of money. Also, please don't scan my anything without my knowledge and consent.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent? Empty Re: Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent?

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:40 pm

Just government keeping you safe.  Wink

Or paternalism.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent? Empty Re: Guess how many arrests police made after scanning over 8,000 Londoners' faces without their consent?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:51 pm

Maddog wrote:Just government keeping you safe.  Wink

Or paternalism.  

Dude, here's how we're different. If a wasp gets into the house, we're both going to kill it -- but I'll use a rolled-up magazine, and you'll use an AK.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Or paternalism.  

Dude, here's how we're different. If a wasp gets into the house, we're both going to kill it -- but I'll use a rolled-up magazine, and you'll use an AK.

I'll use my bare hand. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:59 pm

I'd get the Wife to kill it !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:37 pm

Why not encourage it to leave?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:55 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Or paternalism.  

Cool

And my approach is different again...

I will show it the way out, and if it's too slow, encourage its exit..

Yesterday I carried one outside.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Vintage wrote:Why not encourage it to leave?

I would encourage it to leave certainly. I do kill spiders and flies though; spiders literally terrify me into killing them and flies just gross me out to the point of feeling nauseous.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:43 pm

eddie wrote:
Vintage wrote:Why not encourage it to leave?

I would encourage it to leave certainly. I do kill spiders and flies though; spiders literally terrify me into killing them and flies just gross me out to the point of feeling nauseous.

Yeah, flies land on shit then land on your food.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down