NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

5 posters

Go down

Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape' Empty Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

Back to top Go down

Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape' Empty Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:43 pm

Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

The advice came in a tweet, since deleted, by the Police Service of Northern Ireland which has been criticised for “trivialising” sexual violence.

The force, which has 159,000 followers, tweeted on Saturday: “If you bump into that special someone under the mistletoe tonight, remember that without consent it is rape #SeasonsGreetings”.

The message was then shared hundreds of times, attracting a backlash that was both angry and bemused.

Some respondents suggested PSNI had failed to understand the law regarding rape, while others said it showed the organisation had a “warped view of the world”.

The tweet was subsequently deleted, with the force later saying it had been “taken out of context”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/03/ridicule-police-say-kissing-mistletoe-without-consent-rape/

At this rate, rape will become a word without any real meaning.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape' Empty Re: Ridicule as police say kissing under the mistletoe without consent is 'rape'

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:Police have warned Christmas party goers to obtain consent before kissing under the mistletoe otherwise they may be guilty of rape.

Agreed and I am glad to see some sense happen with this, after such a stupid statement made.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

If I read about this article does it mean I have been raoed-by-proxy?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Not long from now we won't be able to touch anyone - you know a friendly pat on the back hand shake even hugging as a greeting - I hug all my friends and relatives and at church everyone is hugging ha ha .
Seriously this is going to too far .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:36 pm

Maddog wrote:

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:49 pm

I agree with the sheriff - this is sad but he is protecting himself and I can understand why .

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:I agree with the sheriff - this is sad but he is protecting himself and I can understand why .

Me too.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:02 pm

The world's gone mad. Can't touch anyone anymore for fear of being called a sex pervert. That sheriff is bang on the button.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:13 pm

They'll stop you hugging your Children next !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:36 pm

I blame the soy boy liberals

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:15 am

Cass wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Have you seen the story about the Texas sheriff who says he won’t hug anyone anymore because someone could claim sexual harassment? Part of me thinks wise man, the other part is thinking how sad.

Yup, I saw that the other day. It might be a bit of an over reaction, but not by much.

I have a bad habit of giving girls a hug and a peck on their head sometimes. I was thinking about how I did that to a girl I ride bikes with, but don't know all that well. I started thinking I might need to stop doing that. Now I'm mad that I'm thinking about this at all. Mad
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:19 am

Maddog wrote:
Cass wrote:

Yup, I saw that the other day. It might be a bit of an over reaction, but not by much.

I have a bad habit of giving girls a hug and a peck on their head sometimes. I was thinking about how I did that to a girl I ride bikes with, but don't know all that well. I started thinking I might need to stop doing that. Now I'm mad that I'm thinking about this at all. Mad

Same here. I have not initiated hugs with my patrons for a some time now. I won’t turn away kids who want to hug me but with adults I usually manage to get out of it. It’s just so sad. But I’m covering my ass. You should stop if only for your own protection.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down