NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GERRY ADAMS

5 posters

Go down

GERRY ADAMS Empty GERRY ADAMS

Post by nicko Thu May 01, 2014 6:05 am

Gerry Adams has been arrested over the murder of a woman of 10 children in 1972.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

GERRY ADAMS Empty Re: GERRY ADAMS

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 01, 2014 6:12 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/30/us-northernireland-adams-police-idUSBREA3T11P20140430
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu May 01, 2014 6:28 am

should have put a link to that Ben, sorry
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:22 am

nicko wrote:should have put a link to that Ben, sorry

Cannot stand Gerry Adams or the IRA Nicko, have always thought he was guilty myself of many crimes and I am all for a united Ireland myself, but that will come from the people themselves wanting this and not violence

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:25 am

Didge wrote:
nicko wrote:should have put a link to that Ben, sorry

Cannot stand Gerry Adams or the IRA Nicko, have always thought he was guilty myself of many crimes and I am all for a united Ireland myself, but that will come from the people themselves wanting this and not violence
Morning Didge. This is all we need, old wars flaming up on our doorstep! The Irish papers are saying this is political. Personally I find it repulsive that a terrorist like Adams ever got to such a high position in politics, but then what do I know, only what I read. There's something about the man though - makes me shiver.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:29 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Morning Didge.  This is all we need, old wars flaming up on our doorstep!  The Irish papers are saying this is political.  Personally I find it repulsive that a terrorist like Adams ever got to such a high position in politics, but then what do I know, only what I read.  There's something about the man though - makes me shiver.

Im with you Tess, Gerry Adams and Martin McGuiness I could happily shoot either of them.
Much as I would like to see him rot, this is not good

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Thu May 01, 2014 8:30 am

Oooooh, interesting!
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:31 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Morning Didge.  This is all we need, old wars flaming up on our doorstep!  The Irish papers are saying this is political.  Personally I find it repulsive that a terrorist like Adams ever got to such a high position in politics, but then what do I know, only what I read.  There's something about the man though - makes me shiver.

Morning Tess

The thing is he has never even wanted to participate in our Parliament, that is not even reconciling either as well Tess, showing the peace process is far from being completed and from the people I know, he was heavily involved in the terrorism, but I can only go on that of word of mouth, and I agree he is cold and callus.
Guess we will have to await this to see how it pans out.

Anything good Irish links to this Tess, to see their view point?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:43 am

Didge wrote:
Tesstacious wrote:

Morning Tess

The thing is he has never even wanted to participate in our Parliament, that is not even reconciling either as well Tess, showing the peace process is far from being completed and from the people I know, he was heavily involved in the terrorism, but I can only go on that of word of mouth, and I agree he is cold and callus.

SF election hopes hit as Adams arrested over mother-of-10's murder
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-election-hopes-hit-as-adams-arrested-over-motherof10s-murder-30234525.html

Sinn Féin has claimed last night’s arrest of Gerry Adams in connection with the abduction and murder of Jean McConville more than 40 years ago was “politically motivated” and designed to damage the party and its leader.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/adamsrsquo-murder-probe-arrest-lsquopoliticalrsquo-267094.html

See - more about the politics than the murder of the poor woman.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 8:46 am

Tesstacious wrote:
Didge wrote:

Morning Tess

SF election hopes hit as Adams arrested over mother-of-10's murder
http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/sf-election-hopes-hit-as-adams-arrested-over-motherof10s-murder-30234525.html

Sinn Féin has claimed last night’s arrest of Gerry Adams in connection with the abduction and murder of Jean McConville more than 40 years ago was “politically motivated” and designed to damage the party and its leader.
http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/adamsrsquo-murder-probe-arrest-lsquopoliticalrsquo-267094.html

See - more about the politics than the murder of the poor woman.

Agreed Tess, have to work so will catch up on this later, but there must be evidence to connect him to this as he has been arrested, so will digest and get back later.

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 01, 2014 9:43 am

Good grief!!! If Adams gets charged with this then the people of Northern Ireland and possibly mainland Britain had better brace themselves for another campaign of violence and bombing.

If there is enough evidence to bring him to trial then that's what should happen.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

Irn Bru wrote:Good grief!!! If Adams gets charged with this then the people of Northern Ireland and possibly mainland Britain had better brace themselves for another campaign of violence and bombing.

If there is enough evidence to bring him to trial then that's what should happen.

Exactly. That's what worries me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Thu May 01, 2014 10:18 am

I wonder what Martin McGuinness may have to say on this. Sort of puts him in an awkward position given his close association with Adams past and present.
Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 am

Voluntarily agreed to be questioned................ IMO a load of bull.

He was well aware of the situation. By attending the police station he took out the media embarrassment of being publically arrested.

Some info must be quite serious as I doubt anyone would risk such a high profile arrest in the circumstances as NI and the republic's politics.

Maybe the establishment want him out on both sides.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 12:28 pm

gerber wrote:Voluntarily agreed to be questioned................ IMO a load of bull.

He was well aware of the situation.  By attending the police station he took out the media embarrassment of being publically arrested.

Some info must be quite serious as I doubt anyone would risk such a high profile arrest in the circumstances as NI and the republic's politics.

There have been statements made by two separate witnesses on separate occasions linking him to the murder. Both agreed to make the statements on condition they weren't made public during their lifetimes. They were at Boston College and have only just been released by the US, as the witnesses are now dead. I suspect there might be some more evidence though, as it'll be tricky just to rely on the word of dead people.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 12:32 pm

Tesstacious wrote:
gerber wrote:Voluntarily agreed to be questioned................ IMO a load of bull.

He was well aware of the situation.  By attending the police station he took out the media embarrassment of being publically arrested.

There have been statements made by two separate witnesses on separate occasions linking him to the murder.  Both agreed to make the statements on condition they weren't made public during their lifetimes.  They were at Boston College and have only just been released by the US, as the witnesses are now dead. I suspect there might be some more evidence though, as it'll be tricky just to rely on the word of dead people.

It will but I reckon a load will now come out of the woodwork maybe with the understanding of anonymity. Perhaps even some who have been in jail under his leadership of the IRA.

Be interesting to hear Norman Tebbitt's reaction
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 1:32 pm

If they have the evidence they should most definitely prosecute him. However, as everyone seems to recognise, we might have to brace ourselves for the consequences.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 2:43 pm

Gerry seems to missed out on an amnesty letter.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:45 pm

I believe, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that the other man who was arrested for this had had an amnesty letter, but the powers that be said it was issued in error and this crime wasn't covered in the amnesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Thu May 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Sassy wrote:I believe, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that the other man who was arrested for this had had an amnesty letter, but the powers that be said it was issued in error and this crime wasn't covered in the amnesty.

I think you are right.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 01, 2014 2:56 pm

gerber wrote:
Sassy wrote:I believe, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that the other man who was arrested for this had had an amnesty letter, but the powers that be said it was issued in error and this crime wasn't covered in the amnesty.

I think you are right.

If it is right, I'm really glad, because one of her sons has been fighting for justice for her all this time. It's the least he deserves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 02, 2014 8:01 pm

Irn Bru wrote:Good grief!!! If Adams gets charged with this then the people of Northern Ireland and possibly mainland Britain had better brace themselves for another campaign of violence and bombing.

Police had been given another 48 hours to question him. The potential fall out from this doesn't bear thinking about  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down