NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest'

2 posters

Go down

'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest' Empty 'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest'

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:29 pm

A woman told her sister she hates the name she chose for her baby but her family have accused her of 'creating problems' and being rude for being honest about it

Some parents are keen on picking out the most unique name they can think of when it comes to naming their babies, and while some monikers might not be to everyone's taste, there's no one who can stop you from calling your child whatever you want.

But one woman has been criticised by her family members for being honest with her sister about her opinions on the name her future niece will have - because she wanted to save the baby from "embarrassment".

Sharing her story anonymously on Reddit, the woman said her sister plans to name her baby Strummer Azrael Quinn, and admitted she told her sibling to "think more about the name" before the baby is born.

Her sister then got upset, and she was told by other family members that she was "creating problems" and "ruining" her sister's big moment by being so negative about the name.

She explained: "Last week my sister had a baby shower, and my family and I were there to help her set up and decorate.

"Everything was going well, we were blowing up balloons and setting plates, etc. That is until I saw a huge sign with the words 'Strummer Azrael Quinn'.

"I was confused and asked my sister about it, and she told me it was the name she decided on for her baby. I generally don't care what parents name their kids, but we're not celebrities and as the child's aunt, I thought I would try to save it the embarrassment.

"I suggested maybe not putting up the sign and then taking time to think more about the name as a family. She got upset and said it was a perfectly fine name and she wanted the sign to be hung up.

"My mum came over to see what the problem was and after I explained the situation, she got mad at me for 'creating problems' and said it didn't matter if I liked the name or not. They told me to leave since I was 'ruining her big day' and I haven't spoken to my sister since."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/i-hate-sisters-baby-name-26391095

Wow! What a family! Can’t even give an opinion within your family without World War Bollocks breaking out Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest' Empty Re: 'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest'

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:36 pm

Jesus, not very open with one another, are they? Sounds like the mother is one of those people who thinks that avoiding conflict is the most important thing in life, but a lot of times, positive change begins with strife.

My brother didn't like it initially when I told him, in the kindest words I could muster given how scared I was, that I thought he was really unhealthy and needed to change his lifestyle. We really rowed, but now, though he's not a health nut or anything, he's doing a lot better and most importantly, he cares more about it than he used to.

I'm not saying I did anything beyond give him something to think about, but I'm glad I wasn't too afraid of upsetting him to say something.

I think if you're too afraid to confront someone when you see a problem, or have a huge aversion to confrontation in general, you must either be really lacking in confidence/self esteem, or you actually don't care enough about that person -- you care more about keeping the peace than you do about helping that person.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest' Empty Re: 'I hate my sister's baby name choice - my family say I'm rude for being honest'

Post by eddie Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:38 pm

Sing it sista! People are so fucking offended all the time. It’s getting really boring.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down