NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Her Family Filled This Box For Her As A Baby. 17 Years Later, She Opens It For The First Time

Go down

Her Family Filled This Box For Her As A Baby. 17 Years Later, She Opens It For The First Time  Empty Her Family Filled This Box For Her As A Baby. 17 Years Later, She Opens It For The First Time

Post by Guest Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:27 am

If you have a small child in your life, "Letters from Heaven" is a wonderful new tradition you can start for your family that will last for many generations. Susie Aldershof Van Metre shared the idea on her Facebook page, including two videos of her 18-year-old daughter, Abby, opening the time capsule for the first time.

"This week Abby turned 18. For her 1st birthday we asked all our loved ones to write her a letter to be put in a time capsule that would be opened 17 years later. It is the most precious gift we could have ever given to her. Among the 25 letters are 7 letters from people who have passed on. These include letters from her Grandfather Doug, her uncle John Aldershof, great grandparents and more."

"We cried and laughed all night. Such a blessing to have birthday wishes from everyone. The time capsule was full of great things for her. If you have a small child in your life, please share this idea. It was incredible."

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2012/Her-Family-Filled-This-Box-For-Her-As-A-Baby-17-Years-Later-She-Opens-It-For-The-First-Time#KMOftufc1gwuMvjy.99

Back to top Go down

Her Family Filled This Box For Her As A Baby. 17 Years Later, She Opens It For The First Time  Empty Re: Her Family Filled This Box For Her As A Baby. 17 Years Later, She Opens It For The First Time

Post by eddie Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:13 am

I wish I'd thought of that. It's a fabulous idea and how lovely to hear words from a relative you didn't know, or don't remember, yet they knew and loved you, as a baby?
I'd love for my daughter to have read something my dad wrote for her - he never got to meet her....
Gawd you got me all emotional this morning didge. Pfffff.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down