NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What defines Left Wing / Right Wing?

5 posters

Go down

What defines Left Wing / Right Wing? Empty What defines Left Wing / Right Wing?

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:16 pm

Having been hounded with constant calls of being “RW scum”, “Nazi scum” etc, I have to ask - what defines you as Right Wing? Is it simply anyone who doesn’t blindly follow the Labour/Democrat Party right or wrong?

Personally, years ago I was called by many an Anarchist, as I am anti-Establishment, anti Big Brother State, and anti New World Order superstates like the EU, which is why I support UKIP, to break the current old party system and destroy the EU. To my mind that actually makes me more left wing than the Labour Party supporters, who want a police state where freedom of expression, privacy and personal independence are removed by the Party. So, what do you think defines LW/RW?

Back to top Go down

What defines Left Wing / Right Wing? Empty Re: What defines Left Wing / Right Wing?

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Tess. wrote:Having been hounded with constant calls of being “RW scum”, “Nazi scum” etc, I have to ask - what defines you as Right Wing? Is it simply anyone who doesn’t blindly follow the Labour/Democrat Party right or wrong?

Personally, years ago I was called by many an Anarchist, as I am anti-Establishment, anti Big Brother State, and anti New World Order superstates like the EU, which is why I support UKIP, to break the current old party system and destroy the EU. To my mind that actually makes me more left wing than the Labour Party supporters, who want a police state where freedom of expression, privacy and personal independence are removed by the Party. So, what do you think defines LW/RW?

I used to be called a "daft hippie" on one forum because the owner thought I was left wing.  Laughing  On other forums I've been called right wing - possibly partly because of my faith - some people automatically assume that I'm homophobic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What defines Left Wing / Right Wing? Empty Re: What defines Left Wing / Right Wing?

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:23 pm

I'm pleased that you didn't leave by the way.  ::D:: 
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm pleased that you didn't leave by the way.  ::D:: 

Tess is old school, we don't often agree on much, but she would be missed here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I'm pleased that you didn't leave by the way.  ::D:: 
Thank you. Another poster made me see the error of my ways.  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I'm always being called a left wing hippie.

I can't stand that name.

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:27 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:I'm always being called a left wing hippie.

I can't stand that name.

Yeah course you are Andy!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:32 pm

I want Britain to be run be a dictator but with a fantastic state system which looks after it's people. All major services should be owned and run by the state so that greedy corporations cannot fleece everyone. No more MP's or Lords and the foreigners asked to move out before being shipped out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:35 pm

Croissant wrote:I want Britain to be run be a dictator but with a fantastic state system which looks after it's people. All major services should be owned and run by the state so that greedy corporations cannot fleece everyone.  No more MP's or Lords and the foreigners asked to move out before being shipped out.

So you want Communism then keith?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:36 pm

If that's what you label it....then yes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:37 pm

Croissant wrote:I want Britain to be run be a dictator but with a fantastic state system which looks after it's people. All major services should be owned and run by the state so that greedy corporations cannot fleece everyone.  No more MP's or Lords and the foreigners asked to move out before being shipped out.
I think they tried that in North Korea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:38 pm

I was thinking more the BNP.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:54 pm

@Tess
Glad you stayed

@topic

Technically it refers to ones Economic position, regarding public ownership of national assets or Private ownership of national assets. RW believes the Market will sort it out and the Rich guys should control production, LW believe the State should own control the means of production.

All the other stuff is just bullshit Politicians have tact onto the 'causes'. there is no reason why you cannot be a RW environmentalist atheist. But Good luck finding a party with that  Cool 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Tess. wrote:
I think they tried that in North Korea.

Well, it would be, except for this part; "a fantastic state system which looks after it's people"...

Cause North Korea does not look after it's people, never really tried to, and has a terrible state system  Neutral 

I actually agree with what keith says. Though to add a few of my own beliefs which are usually associated with the Left:

Nationalized banks and public services.
State run utilities.
Markets regulated so they are responsible for workers rights; the environment etc
No death penalty.
Equal opportunities for all.
Equal rights for all.
Free education, including University education.
Universal healthcare.
A fair welfare system (policed to avoid 'shirkers').
Removal of religion, including faith schools, from the public sphere.
Move toward wholly renewable energy sources.
Further integration with and reform of the European Union.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 pm

I'm one of those who sees left/right as a position you take both on economic and on social matters. I'm an anti-authoritarian leftist, in that view -- someone who believes the government has a helpful role to play in economic matters (such as the social safety net) and should butt out of people's private lives, like on issues such as gay marriage.

I've never thought that those who either think the government should be involved in everything or who don't want it involved in anything are very realistic.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down