NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor...

+5
eddie
Maddog
Tommy Monk
Andy
Syl
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor... - Page 2 Empty You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor...

Post by Syl Sat May 01, 2021 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

So it's up to you to decide what stories and articles go into this weeks copy.

Do you think you would be a good editor, fair and balanced, hard hitting and radical, more red top or broadsheet??

Your decisions this week could influence millions. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor... - Page 2 Empty Re: You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor...

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 2:35 am

Andy wrote:For someone with little to say about me, you say an awful lot.

She talks about the stupid shit you say. Yes you give her plenty to talk about.

Now I may talk about you because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU WHINE LIKE A LITTLE BITCH.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor... - Page 2 Empty Re: You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor...

Post by Andy Wed May 05, 2021 6:42 am

On your period, Dog?
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 05, 2021 11:36 am

Maddog wrote:
Andy wrote:For someone with little to say about me, you say an awful lot.

She talks about the stupid shit you say.  Yes you give her plenty to talk about.  

Now I may talk about you because JESUS FUCKING CHRIST YOU WHINE LIKE A LITTLE BITCH.  

He can fill his own threads with his hateful dialogue, when he starts trying to fill mine with his nastiness I will tell him.

What he has also shown in this thread is, he has a very over inflated opinion of himself.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed May 05, 2021 12:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:Being shallow....I would love a glossy pullout concentrating on fashion, makeup, latest trends, etc.
I would fund my glossy from ads and promotions.
ALL the photo's would be untouched....real pics for real people.

We are all different, so this isn’t a dig, but I HATE that kind of publication.  

It’s everything I don’t want my daughter to look at.

Back on topic....

I would like to address this point again, I think it's interesting. .

Eddie, don't you think magazines, especially ones designed for women, would be good if they published only natural untouched up photo's of celebs, fashion, makeup models etc.

Magazines, especially nowadays, are filled with unattainable images of 'perfect' looking people. Not a line or a blemish, they present a totally unatainable look that no one can achieve. Even ordinary people now photoshop their own images before they post them online.
This image of false beauty is brainwashing people so much,  many of them are now walking round with identical inflated rubber faces and bodies....and God knows what's happening to their mental image of themselves.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Andy wrote:On your period, Dog?

Hahaha.

I'm surprised you haven't bled to death.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 05, 2021 3:55 pm

lol! He's a southerner. They learned to behave like that behind the trailer park. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 4:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:

lol!   He's a southerner.  They learned to behave like that behind the trailer park.  Wink

I learned it in Southlake. Like your daughter.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 05, 2021 4:21 pm

She was raised in the north, dude. They don't have southern trailer parks there. You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor... - Page 2 1f603

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 6:28 pm

Original Quill wrote:She was raised in the north, dude.  They don't have southern trailer parks there.   You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor... - Page 2 1f603

I was born outside of Pittsburgh.

Not that it matters but her and I are Texans.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:She was raised in the north, dude.  They don't have southern trailer parks there.   You have just been promoted to Newspaper Editor... - Page 2 1f603

Nah, she's moved all over. She spent a good amount of time in Colorado, where she went to university.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 6:38 pm

https://www.thehomesdirect.com/california

They have trailer parks everywhere. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Nah, she's moved all over.  She spent a good amount of time in Colorado, where she went to university.

Me too.

Her and I are Texans.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm

Does she have kids?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 05, 2021 8:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Nah, she's moved all over.  She spent a good amount of time in Colorado, where she went to university.

Me too.

Her and I are Texans.

You went to university in Colorado? I thought you said you went to Fr. Worth Jr. College?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 8:19 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Me too.

Her and I are Texans.

You went to university in Colorado?  I thought you said you went to Fr. Worth Jr. College?

I've lived in 3 states.

I didn't go to college in Fort Worth.

That's Ben.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 8:20 pm

Maddog wrote:Does she have kids?

You're avoidance suggests you have some Texan grandkids.

You're a lucky man. They're the best. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 pm

Maddog wrote:You're avoidance suggests you have some Texan grandkids.

Nup...but I did have a high school mate that moved to Georgia.  We haven't kept in touch.

You said you were an orphan.  At what age did you move to Texas? You never attended any college?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed May 05, 2021 9:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:You're avoidance suggests you have some Texan grandkids.

Nup...but I did have a high school mate that moved to Georgia.  We haven't kept in touch.

You said you were an orphan.  At what age did you move to Texas?  You never attended any college?

I was adopted at birth, so I really wasn't an orphan.

I was 13 when I moved to Texas.

I attended college in Arlington. Part of that insipid UT system.

So your Texan daughter has no kids?

Seems like a thing these days.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed May 05, 2021 11:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You said you were an orphan.  At what age did you move to Texas?  You never attended any college?

Arlington, eh? No wonder you have the A&M mascot as your addy...Arlington was in the A&M system prior to 1965, when it joined up with the University of Texas system.

Where did you live prior to Texas?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Arlington, eh?  No wonder you have the A&M mascot as your addy...Arlington was in the A&M system prior to 1965, when it joined up with the University of Texas system.

PA
GA
PA
TX.

My kid went to A&M.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 06, 2021 2:38 am

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Arlington, eh?  No wonder you have the A&M mascot as your addy...Arlington was in the A&M system prior to 1965, when it joined up with the University of Texas system.

PA
GA
PA
TX.

My kid went to A&M.

A & M is a good school.  I have connections with their law school.

I lived in Pennsylvania for a few years, but it was in the north Philadelphia region.  A far cry from Allegheny County.  Anyway, it made me an A's fan, and I still am today.  Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Andy wrote:
eddie wrote:I’d rather have a publication full of opinion pieces. Honest, raw, no holds barred, shooting from the hip and taking out kneecaps if necessary.

So you would turn it from a newspaper into a tawdry scandal rag, full of bullshit from over opinionated writers, who don't give a damn about the truth of the news, just their warped and weird take on it.
Don't we have enough of them in Britain already?

Question is would you use the likes of Owen Jones or Katie Hopkins?

Who said it would be tawdry? Who says the people writing don’t give a damn about the truth? Who says an honest piece of writing has to be over-opinionated?

Wow. You have some very bitter thoughts against people writing their opinions...

Is that why you joined a forum?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2