NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images

3 posters

Go down

6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images Empty 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:41 pm

BOSTON (AP) — Six Dr. Seuss books — including “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street” and “If I Ran the Zoo” — will stop being published because of racist and insensitive imagery, the business that preserves and protects the author’s legacy said Tuesday.

“These books portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong,” Dr. Seuss Enterprises told The Associated Press in a statement that coincided with the late author and illustrator’s birthday.

https://apnews.com/article/dr-seuss-books-racist-images-d8ed18335c03319d72f443594c174513

I always knew that weird cat wore that hat to hide its pointy Klan hat.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images Empty Re: 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:46 pm

Laughing Only you would know how to hide a "pointy Klan hat". Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images Empty Re: 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:Laughing   Only you would know how to hide a "pointy Klan hat".  Twisted Evil

Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:36 pm

"In “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” an Asian person is portrayed wearing a conical hat, holding chopsticks, and eating from a bowl. "

I don't know about the hat, but many Asian people do eat with chopsticks from bowls.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Syl wrote:"In “And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street,” an Asian person is portrayed wearing a conical hat, holding chopsticks, and eating from a bowl. "

I don't know about the hat, but many Asian people do  eat with chopsticks from bowls.

I eat with chopsticks in Asian restaurants.

For the record, I've never worn a Sombrero while eating a taco.

But I would.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:51 pm

And my secretary uses chopsticks at home, and a fork at the office or in non Asian restaurants.

But she's not woke and would be considered white adjacent I guess.

That's your new phrase for the day. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:01 pm

Don't you think we have enough new phrases/descriptions to try to keep up with?
White adjacent really  won't catch on.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:04 pm

Anyway, people have always put stereotypes on others, usually it's done light heartedly.
People are too easily insulted nowadays.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:07 pm

I am English.... According to some I should have at least 5 missing teeth and the rest should be rotten. I am from the north....yet I don't know anyone who wears a flat cap, braces, and keeps a ferret down his pants.

You are American, are you a loud, overweight  obnoxious braggart?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:58 pm

Syl wrote:Don't you think we have enough new phrases/descriptions  to try to keep up with?
White adjacent really  won't catch on.

Maybe not in your circles. I'm sure Quill already uses it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:59 pm

Syl wrote:I am English.... According to some I should have at least 5 missing teeth and the rest should be rotten. I am from the north....yet I don't know anyone who wears a flat cap, braces, and keeps a ferret down his pants.

You are American, are you a loud, overweight  obnoxious braggart?

Pretty much. 6 Dr. Seuss books won’t be published for racist images 1366281442
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:37 pm

Syl wrote:You are American, are you a loud, overweight  obnoxious braggart?

BINGO!!! Only, substitute the word Southern for American. Twisted Evil

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down