NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

+4
Eilzel
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Andy
8 posters

Go down

Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70  Empty Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:56 pm

Sorry
but i cant help thinking good he caused more damage to America society and trust by pushing hate and lies over the air for most of his life

Back to top Go down

Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70  Empty Re: Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Post by Andy Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:45 pm

The whole of Fox News has.
And we are going to get the UK equivalent shortly - UK News
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Ben Reilly and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70  Empty Re: Right-wing talk radio icon Rush Limbaugh dead at 70

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:14 pm

Andy wrote:The whole of Fox News has.
Yea i agree with you on fox news Andy
However when it comes to this new "news" channel i understand its going to be subscription based (i may be wrong) however i dont think it will be that popular .
Unlike America i think (without any concrete proof) the majority are genetically less likely to fall for conspiracy theory's and fake news unlike some Americans,that's not to say some won't lap it up we have our own crazys but generally we tend to be more ....skeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:59 pm

Word is they are recruiting the unemployed Farage, Dan Wootton, Julia Fartley- Blower and Camilla  Tominay.
At this rate they will also sign on Hatie Flopkins, Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin.
Apparently there will be no restrictions on the political affiliations or leanings of the presenters, merely balance on those they interview/verbally assault.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:10 pm

Andy wrote:Word is they are recruiting the unemployed Farage, Dan Wootton, Julia Fartley- Blower and Camilla  Tominay.
At this rate they will also sign on Hatie Flopkins, Tommy Robinson and Nick Griffin.
Apparently there will be no restrictions on the political affiliations or leanings of the presenters, merely balance on those they interview/verbally assault.
Jeeze...fortunately we have broadcasting standards act that will severely limit there ability to broadcast lies and misinformation h tt ps://ww w.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/section-seven-fairness

America had something called the fairness act but Regan took it of the books when he was in office and this allowed local radio and media outlets to spout any old rubbish under the free speech laws.and heralded the rise of RW radio , arguably this was the start of Americas decline in to conspiracy theory's ,lies and misinformation

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:24 am

Same old lefty mantra that only THEIR views/opinions are the correct ones and only THEIR views/opinions should be allowed to be heard...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:43 am

Korben wrote:Sorry

I'm not.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

LiamOgden likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
Korben wrote:Sorry

I'm not.
It was qualified Quil Neutral lol

I read this tonight it pretty much sums him up

h ttps://ww w.advocate.com/commentary/2021/2/17/why-should-i-say-anything-nice-about-dead-rush-limbaugh?fbclid=IwAR35gEFeqrftWlrc3InD5FHlJDqgZs1sIhcSgwChauoj98P5h3pU4eFApx8

Ps you will need to take out the spaces at the start till i can post links (7 days)

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:38 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Same old lefty mantra that only THEIR views/opinions are the correct ones and only THEIR views/opinions should be allowed to be heard...

This man made a career of attacking marginalized groups and according to a lot of Americans was pivotal in creating the toxic news we see in America today.

He also mocked people dying of AIDs, publically.

He wasn't just divisive, he was outright nasty person. The world is better off without.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Ben Reilly, Original Quill and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:54 am

My post was responding to Andy and korben talking about this new UK news channel.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:03 am

I've never heard of the dead guy in OP.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:51 am

Tommy Monk wrote:My post was responding to Andy and korben talking about this new UK news channel.

They are (rightly) concerned that these new UK news outlets will move toward Fox news. Which is the best example of biased, toxic, mainstream news in America.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:57 am

So it's going to be like the BBC then...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:27 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

So it's going to be like the BBC then...?

If you think the BBC is left biased, or remotely comparable to Fox, then that ought to tell you a lot about how extreme your position is politically.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Ben Reilly and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:41 pm

If you think the BBC is not a biased left wing institution throughout... Then that says a lot about you...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:13 pm

So, it's war then?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:43 pm

If you ask many Scots they will tell you that the BBC has a very Rw/English bias, ask others and the opposite is true. my view is its some where in the middle.

Bias has been a feature of the mass media since its birth with the invention of the printing press Even today, though, the most conscientiously objective journalists cannot avoid accusations of bias

No media is immune especially when it come to reporting that goes against your world view

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

But Fox is a different animal Actual factual news is only a small part of there business model,and even it is heavily bias towards the RW Agenda They dress up Opinion as "news" but what it is is RW propaganda pure and simple of the most insidious type

People like Hannity,Carlson,Ingram,Pirro,Dobbs   ect are modern day versions of Joseph Goebbels  and the get away with it because of the lack of regulation and "free speech"laws in America

However they are in a lot of trouble and facing multiple law suites

Election technology company Smartmatic filed a massive lawsuit against Fox News, saying the network and some of its biggest on-air personalities made it into a villain and perpetuated false claims about the recent election.

When Carlson was sued, his lawyers literary Argued in court you can't expect to believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth because its not "news" its "entertainment" but his viewers think its news and factual, even though he readily admits he does No fact checking,same with Hannity these two  people are not even Journalists but collage drop outs  

Our BBC may not be 100% un-bias But comparing the BBC to the likes of Fox is like comparing apples to the space shuttle
if we let a Uk clone free Reign in this country then we will be heading for the same problems America his having now

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:37 am

He wasn't on Fox.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:38 am

Korben wrote:
However when it comes to this new "news" channel i understand its going to be subscription based (i may be wrong) however i dont think it will be that popular .
Unlike America i think (without any concrete proof) the majority are genetically less likely to fall for conspiracy theory's and fake news unlike some Americans,that's not to say some won't lap it up we have our own crazys but generally we tend to be more ....skeptical  

Sun?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:39 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

Sun?
Sun? ...????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:41 am

Maddog wrote:

He wasn't on Fox.  
Who wasn't on fox ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:42 am

Eilzel wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:My post was responding to Andy and korben talking about this new UK news channel.

They are (rightly) concerned that these new UK news outlets will move toward Fox news. Which is the best example of biased, toxic, mainstream news in America.

We have OAN and Newsmax to the right of Fox now.  

It's 2021, and the hard right thinks Fox are a bunch of left wing pansies.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:43 am

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He wasn't on Fox.  
Who wasn't on fox ??

Rush.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:44 am

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sun?
Sun? ...????

Ruperts rag.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:
Who wasn't on fox ??

Rush.  
Ahh thanks No he wasn't although he did appear on in a couple of times i think and they did refer to him a lot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:53 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:
Sun? ...????

Ruperts rag.  
Rag being the operative word, Wouldn’t even use this trash as toilet paper it’s that bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:59 am

Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

We have OAN and Newsmax to the right of Fox now.  

It's 2021, and the hard right thinks Fox are a bunch of left wing pansies.
yea they are trying to take fox's dominance, especially after they called the election for Joe Biden there ratings (fox) have been hit pretty hard the Maga cult are only interested in "news" that feed there conspiracy theory's  
although the law suites have made them back peddle a bit on dominion voting machine lies

never watched them i value by brain power LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:04 am

Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ruperts rag.  
Rag being the operative word, Wouldn’t even use this trash as toilet paper it’s that bad.

But it's still fairly popular.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:35 am

Korben wrote:

If you ask many Scots they will tell you that the BBC has a very Rw/English bias, ask others and the opposite is true. my view is its some where in the middle.

Bias has been a feature of the mass media since its birth with the invention of the printing press Even today, though, the most conscientiously objective journalists cannot avoid accusations of bias

No media is immune especially when it come to reporting that goes against your world view

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

But Fox is a different animal Actual factual news is only a small part of there business model,and even it is heavily bias towards the RW Agenda They dress up Opinion as "news" but what it is is RW propaganda pure and simple of the most insidious type

People like Hannity,Carlson,Ingram,Pirro,Dobbs   ect are modern day versions of Joseph Goebbels  and the get away with it because of the lack of regulation and "free speech"laws in America

However they are in a lot of trouble and facing multiple law suites

Election technology company Smartmatic filed a massive lawsuit against Fox News, saying the network and some of its biggest on-air personalities made it into a villain and perpetuated false claims about the recent election.

When Carlson was sued, his lawyers literary Argued in court you can't expect to believe the words that come out of Carlson's mouth because its not "news" its "entertainment" but his viewers think its news and factual, even though he readily admits he does No fact checking,same with Hannity these two  people are not even Journalists but collage drop outs  

Our BBC may not be 100% un-bias But comparing the BBC to the likes of Fox is like comparing apples to the space shuttle
if we let a Uk clone free Reign in this country then we will be heading for the same problems America his having now

The Corbynite left call the BBC biased in favour of the Tories. Brexiteers call it biased toward the left.

When both extremes think an organisation is biased, then anyone with sense would recognise they are probably pretty fair.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:39 am

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Ruperts rag.  

The Sun is popular for a lot of the same reasons McDonald's, Coca Cola and trashy action movies are popular. Feed people's basic desires without being special and usually with a low price tag. Also brainlessly addictive.

And I say this as someone who drinks far too much coke Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Original Quill, Maddog and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:03 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

It is, that's true although they have dropped to 3rd in ratings

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:02 pm

Maddog wrote:
Korben wrote:

Not in Liverpool.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Bullshit. A right-wing president allowed right-wing TV station owners to stop having to allow left-wingers to be able to speak their views on the publicy-owned airwaves.

I for one think it's vital that the public be able to hear both right-wing and left-wing views -- how else will they realize that only the left-wing views are the correct ones? Razz
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:14 pm

I think we should share some of our favorite Rush Limbaugh memories in his honor.

I'll start with the time that, on Rush's TV show, he made reference to the "White House dog" before displaying a photo of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton, who of course was living with her parents in the White House at the time.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:35 am

Ben Reilly wrote:I think we should share some of our favorite Rush Limbaugh memories in his honor.

I'll start with the time that, on Rush's TV show, he made reference to the "White House dog" before displaying a photo of 13-year-old Chelsea Clinton, who of course was living with her parents in the White House at the time.

The fuckwit is dead

I am not going to cheer the death of anyone including this homophobe. As that is horrible, but how and why are you making his memory remain alive by remembering the crass and horrible things he said Ben?

Allow his hate to die with him

Best forgotten and hence why sharing what appalling things he said only furthers no purpose other than to keep his memory alive

He is not worth wasting anytime over remembering the hate he spouted

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Original Quill and LiamOgden like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:22 pm

As long as those who loved his message of hate haven't forgotten it, I won't either.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:25 pm

There was a time when folks didn't speak ill of the dead.

I guess we have progressed.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:34 pm

I don't know if you're referring to me, but all I did was quote him.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:37 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I don't know if you're referring to me, but all I did was quote him.

True. It's sorta you but more of the entirety of what I have read the past couple of days. I'm holding you responsible for a lot of the very hateful things I have read.

I shouldn't do that.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:43 pm

For what it's worth, even though I haven't said those hateful things, I've still thought them. Can't help it. He was a cold, heartless person.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Original Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down