NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majority of Major Advertisers Boycotting Rush Limbaugh

2 posters

Go down

Majority of Major Advertisers Boycotting Rush Limbaugh Empty Majority of Major Advertisers Boycotting Rush Limbaugh

Post by Lurker Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 am

New York Daily News and Politico are reporting that Rush Limbaugh's distribution deal with Cumulus Media may soon be over.
Currently, Cumulus Media carries Limbaugh's show on 40 of its stations, including Limbaugh's flagship WABC in New York as well as stations in Chicago, Washington DC and Dallas. If Limbaugh and Cumulus part ways, it would represent a significant reduction in Limbaugh's overall footprint and serve as yet another reminder that Limbaugh's brand is bad for business.
Limbaugh doesn't appreciate how Cumulus' CEO keeps telling investors that the radio host is hurting ad sales and costing the company millions. So, the weekend before Cumulus' first quarter investor meeting, "a source close to" Limbaugh's show went public with word that Limbaugh will walk if Cumulus' CEO continues to speak about the host's negative impact on business.
Indeed. If I were Limbaugh, I wouldn't want the CEO of one of my major affiliates consistently informing the business community that my show is causing millions of dollars in losses every quarter.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/05/06/rush-limbaugh-vs-cumulus-media/193930
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Majority of Major Advertisers Boycotting Rush Limbaugh Empty Re: Majority of Major Advertisers Boycotting Rush Limbaugh

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 14, 2013 1:14 pm

Ah, such wonderful news. I hope he's done in by the very market he worships ...

pig
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down