NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know..I do like this forum!

+5
Vintage
Syl
Maddog
Ben Reilly
eddie
9 posters

Go down

You know..I do like this forum! Empty You know..I do like this forum!

Post by eddie Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:41 am

Possibly I am a tad whisky-fucked but I wanted to say that I do enjoy all of you immensely....the debates, the fights, and the “family” unit we have all created.

Forums may be dying out but I ask that we all keep in touch and stay faithful to posting here as we have been together a long time.

What do you all think? Do you agree or is eddie spouting rubbish? Suspect

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Tommy Monk, Maddog and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

You know..I do like this forum! Empty Re: You know..I do like this forum!

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:42 am

Seconded, but also a tad whisky-fucked Wink
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:59 am

eddie wrote:Possibly I am a tad whisky-fucked but I wanted to say that I do enjoy all of you immensely....the debates, the fights, and the “family” unit we have all created.

Forums may be dying out but I ask that we all keep in touch and stay faithful to posting here as we have been together a long time.

I spend entirely too much time here so I either like it, or I'm a masochist.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Ben Reilly, eddie and Syl like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:03 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:Possibly I am a tad whisky-fucked but I wanted to say that I do enjoy all of you immensely....the debates, the fights, and the “family” unit we have all created.

You like it!

And I love having you as a poster.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:11 pm

Maddog wrote:

Ditto. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:23 pm

Entirely sober, doesn't mean that much though when it comes to sense. I agree entirely,
its a very good place, a nice sometimes slightly dysfunctional (in a nice way) forum family.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm

totally agree

much quieter than the mad days of ADO and flaps but actually nicer and i feel we've got the chance to know each other so much more over the years.

i will be around a bit more often from now on.  it's a good place

ps, eddie do you still keep in touch with Dean?

what happened to flapsville?

gelico
Forum Detective

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:08 pm

It could be busier though....that's my only complaint.
A forum is only as good as it's posters, and on a small forum like this if people only log in once a week or just read instead of post, it can get a bit boring.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:44 pm

Syl wrote:It could be busier though....that's my only complaint.
A forum is only as good as it's posters, and on a small forum like this if people only log in once a week or just read instead of post, it can get a bit boring.

Then ask the question why sick far right racists were allowed to post here for so long before they were eventually banned, and why so many  lefties were chased away by over zealous moderation.
The Daily quiz remains entertaining.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 pm

Andy wrote:

Then ask the question why sick far right racists were allowed to post here for so long before they were eventually banned, and why so many  lefties were chased away by over zealous moderation.

Chased away by words on a screen?

Do you need a hug sweetie?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

eddie and Tommy Monk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:49 pm

Andy wrote:

Hello Andy, I haven't seen you around for ages

To be honest I don't know any far right racists on here

and I don't know who got chased away

How's things with you anyway ?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:34 pm

Andy wrote:

It's not a question I would ask myself tbh because I don't see any truth in it.

I can't think of any far right racists that have posted on here that haven't posted on other news/chat forums at one time or another.
I think the moderation on here is fine, it balances out.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:00 pm

I’m glad everyone still enjoys posting here, I agree I wish it was busier but it’s still ticking along nicely. I should try to post more and I will make more of an effort.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:09 pm

It's a bit sad to see the site less busy than it was within a year or so after it was created more than seven years ago, but I'm proud of it.

I created it because the first forum I ever joined, ShortNews.com, tanked after being sold to a new ownership group, and the first attempt to revive it never really took off. I thought I'd invite old ShortNewers like Veya, Lurker and Caution over here and see what happened.

Little did I know, and quite ironically as it turned out, Catman found us and invited loads of old forum friends over, and the forum really took off.

I'll be the first to admit I made a lot of mistakes as the forum owner, but we always seemed to bounce back, somehow.

I guess now that social media rules the internet, we're rarely going to see younger people signing up and getting stuck in. I fear that Les is doomed to forever be the baby of our strange little family Smile

But I wouldn't change a thing. This forum turned out to be the catalyst for the best thing ever to happen to me. Along the way, I've had a lot of fun, and I just hope we stick around in some form or fashion for many years to come.

And I'm really grateful to everyone who has helped this forum be a place worth coming back to again and again.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

veya_victaous, eddie, HoratioTarr, Syl and gelico like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:47 pm

Ben, that's so sweet

gelico
Forum Detective

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:49 am

Ben Reilly wrote:It's a bit sad to see the site less busy than it was within a year or so after it was created more than seven years ago, but I'm proud of it.

I created it because the first forum I ever joined, ShortNews.com, tanked after being sold to a new ownership group, and the first attempt to revive it never really took off. I thought I'd invite old ShortNewers like Veya, Lurker and Caution over here and see what happened.

Little did I know, and quite ironically as it turned out, Catman found us and invited loads of old forum friends over, and the forum really took off.

I'll be the first to admit I made a lot of mistakes as the forum owner, but we always seemed to bounce back, somehow.

I guess now that social media rules the internet, we're rarely going to see younger people signing up and getting stuck in. I fear that Les is doomed to forever be the baby of our strange little family Smile

But I wouldn't change a thing. This forum turned out to be the catalyst for the best thing ever to happen to me. Along the way, I've had a lot of fun, and I just hope we stick around in some form or fashion for many years to come.

And I'm really grateful to everyone who has helped this forum be a place worth coming back to again and again.

it really has been a long time,
Glad to see so many familiar names are still around.

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:16 am

Well this thread is as good as any to give an update on veya.

Life's been busy promotions, renovations and a relationship.

I've bought an engagement ring but still planning where/how.
she knows it's coming she choose the design and got it fitted

Jobs awesome moving near Canberra was the best thing for my Career, So much less competition than Sydney getting paid obscene money working for a Defense Contractor. (which are all based in Canberra where the federal gov't is based)

Complete back to the beams bathroom renovation, which was .. lets say 'interesting' in a house that is basically a demonstration in the Australian construction over the last 100 years, builder reckons parts where built in 1920's, 1950's 1970's and 1990's based on the materials ... so obviously way over budget but it turned out beautiful and I've basically resolved any future issues with the plumbing (cause i damn near replaced it all You know..I do like this forum! 1399249160 )

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:37 am

Veya, it's great to hear from you, and hear how your life is panning out.

You are obviously busy...maybe more than most of us who post on here, and it's nice you got in touch (albeit through incredibly sad circumstances) to update everyone here.

Why are you not officially engaged as yet?
Get your finger (or more to the point hers) out.....life is ever changing, dont put off till next year what you can do now.

That's what I always tell my son anyway.....not that he ever listens.  Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:35 pm

veya_victaous wrote:

Hi Veya…not the same.  You are gone.  Wolf is gone.  Lurker is gone.  Caution is gone.  Sassy is gone.  Andy is gone.  KD is gone.  Sadly, Irn Bru, and now Vic—two stalwarts who should have statues here—have passed away.

And the near-sighted Neanderthals appear to have taken over…only Ben, Jules, Les and I are left.

As the postcard says, Miss you.  Wish you were here…

Last edited by Original Quill on Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Andy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:59 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Hi Veya…not the same.  You are gone.  Wolf is gone.  Lurker is gone.  Caution is gone.  Sassy is gone.  Andy is gone.  KD is gone.  Sadly, Irn Bru, and now Vic—two stalwarts who should have statues here—have passed away.

And the near-sighted Neanderthals appear to have taken over…only Ben, Jules and I are left.

I guess Eilzel is a caveman now.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:43 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

And the near-sighted Neanderthals appear to have taken over…only Ben, Jules and I are left.

I guess Eilzel is a caveman now.  

Good point. I've amended my post.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

And the near-sighted Neanderthals appear to have taken over…only Ben, Jules, Les and I are left.

You know..I do like this forum! 1069003512

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Cavewoman.

Probably don't want to make his lame list anyway.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

I’m a Neanderthal? Pffff.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:18 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Cavewoman.

Probably don't want to make his lame list anyway.  
Reckon you are right.  Wink
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:46 am

Neanderthal is a respected member of the humanoid species, along with Denisovans and Cro-Magnons. They are hunter-gatherers, much like stock brokers and hedge-fund managers, today.

They have a long, low skull, compared with the globular shape of our skulls. The central part of the face protrudes forward, with a prominent brow ridge, and a big, wide nose. They have elongated arms, with large hands, perfect for grabbing food and chattel from neighbors.

Today they are typically called RW'ers, Tories, Republicans and Trumpsters. They travel in packs, though they have no allegiance to anyone, save if they have possessions--even then, it's only so long as it takes them to get anything of value from that other.

But, alas, I digress. Good to see ya, Veya. Anytime…drop by and see us.
You know..I do like this forum! 630750432

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:48 am

Except you, Syl.  You know..I do like this forum! 1069003512

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down