NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenn Greenwald Resigns from The Intercept

Go down

Glenn Greenwald Resigns from The Intercept Empty Glenn Greenwald Resigns from The Intercept

Post by Maddog Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Greenwald has a number of other concerns about The Intercept's trajectory, and these will be familiar to readers who have followed the woke takeover (for lack of a better term) of various newsrooms, including The New York Times and The Atlantic. From Greenwald's resignation post:

The pathologies, illiberalism, and repressive mentality that led to the bizarre spectacle of my being censored by my own media outlet are ones that are by no means unique to The Intercept. These are the viruses that have contaminated virtually every mainstream center-left political organization, academic institution, and newsroom. I began writing about politics fifteen years ago with the goal of combatting media propaganda and repression, and—regardless of the risks involved—simply cannot accept any situation, no matter how secure or lucrative, that forces me to submit my journalism and right of free expression to its suffocating constraints and dogmatic dictates….

Courage is required to step out of line, to question and poke at those pieties most sacred in one's own milieu, but fear of alienating the guardians of liberal orthodoxy, especially on Twitter, is the predominant attribute of The Intercept's New-York based editorial leadership team. As a result, The Intercept has all but abandoned its core mission of challenging and poking at, rather than appeasing and comforting, the institutions and guardians most powerful in its cultural and political circles.

https://reason.com/2020/10/29/glenn-greenwald-the-intercept-resignation-biden-cnsorship/

Greenwald has always been a little out there. But he's a pretty straight shooter. I started following The Intercept as soon as he co founded it. I guess there is one less site trying to be objective now.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down