NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glenn Beck Corrected by Fox News Spokesperson about Why He was Dismissed

2 posters

Go down

Glenn Beck Corrected by Fox News Spokesperson about Why He was Dismissed Empty Glenn Beck Corrected by Fox News Spokesperson about Why He was Dismissed

Post by Lurker Tue May 07, 2013 5:38 pm

Beck said:

"If you stay in it too long, you become Norma Desmond. I remember feeling, 'If you do not leave now, you won't leave with your soul intact.'"
"At the end, when we were leaving, it was a long process. Roger said to me, 'You're not going to leave.' And I said, 'I am.' And he said, 'Nobody does,' meaning leave television....And I said, 'I'm fortunate because I haven't been in it that long.' I knew what this big, huge Fox empire brought to the table, and I had to leave before I became too enamored of that."

Fox said:

"Glenn Beck wasn't trying to save his soul, he was trying to save his ass. Advertisers fled his show and even Glenn knows what that means in our industry. Yet, we still tried to give him a soft landing. Guess no good deed goes unpunished."

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/04/29/fox-news-rebukes-glenn-beck-reminds-him-about-a/193819
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Glenn Beck Corrected by Fox News Spokesperson about Why He was Dismissed Empty Re: Glenn Beck Corrected by Fox News Spokesperson about Why He was Dismissed

Post by Ben Reilly Tue May 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Priceless. In the alternate reality he lives in, everything was going great with his show and he had to leave in order to ... resist some temptation? Anyway, for some noble purpose.

It's more proof to support a new theory I'm working on -- you can have loads of success and still be a loser. This guy's TV, radio and internet career still aren't enough to satisfy his inner Walter Mitty.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down