NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks?

5 posters

Go down

Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks? Empty Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks?

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:02 pm

I definitely am....shopping more online, quizzing online, chatting online, forums online (no change there) and when I cant think of anything else to do interactively online I then watch loads on NETFLIX on my laptop.
If anyone is looking for something light and fluffy to watch..."Schitts creek' is very funny.

Are you online more now??

"68 per cent of people feel lonely amid restrictions, Snapchat study finds
The coronavirus lockdown and social distancing measures have caused an increase in loneliness among people in the UK, Snapchat's latest Friendship Report suggests.

The social media platform's second annual report into the nature of friendship found that 68 per cent of Britons feel lonely at times, up from 61 per cent before the pandemic.

The study, which involved 30,000 people, found that nearly half of those asked (49 per cent) said the lack of contact with friends was a key reason they felt more lonely and a third said social distancing had weakened their relationships with friends.

To try and address this, the study found that many had turned to digital tools to help them stay in touch. 64 per cent said they were using online communication platforms more now than before the Covid-19 outbreak"
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks? Empty Re: Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks?

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:53 pm

I find this a very lonely time. Not working while eddie's going to work and my stepdaughter is in school doesn't help!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks? Empty Re: Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks?

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:I find this a very lonely time. Not working while eddie's going to work and my stepdaughter is in school doesn't help!

I do sympathise, I think a lot of normally sociable people are finding this increasingly hard, especially since the lockdowns are getting harsher,.(we, like many other people have gone from months into tier 2 to tier 3, at least for the next 28 days)

Ben, I think you may be a lot lonelier though if you were not with Eddie and your new family.

My friend, married for 45 years, was widowed just before this pandemic hit, so she has gone from the two of them together to just herself....a very hard time to lose your partner.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Syl wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:I find this a very lonely time. Not working while eddie's going to work and my stepdaughter is in school doesn't help!

I do sympathise, I think a lot of normally sociable people are finding this increasingly hard, especially since the lockdowns are getting harsher,.(we, like many other people have gone from months into tier 2 to tier 3, at least for the next 28 days)

Ben, I think you may be a lot lonelier though if you were not with Eddie and your new family.

My friend, married for 45 years, was widowed just before this pandemic hit, so she has gone from  the two of them together  to just herself....a very hard time to lose your partner.

God, I can only imagine! I do sympathize with people who are living on their own during this time. To lose the love of your life must be unbearable even when you can have all your friends and family around you to comfort you, and so much worse when you can't have anyone around.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:19 pm

I know, it would be unbearable ...my mate does have family and they do visit, socially distant when the lockdown first started, then she had her family 'bubble'.
Now though, once again, households are not supposed to mix again, either in home or garden.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm

My sister is nursing a sick husband, with lung cancer (yep, smoking).  He is undergoing chemotherapy every week.

I have tried to leave her alone due to her busy schedule tending to her husband.  But lately, her calls reveal a kind of desperation.  She lives in this county, and begs me to come over...but I have declined, because if I carried Covid her hubby would be the worst person to infect.

She agrees, but still she feels alone amid even darker times.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Syl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:My sister is nursing a sick husband, with lung cancer (yep, smoking).  He is undergoing chemotherapy every week.

I have tried to leave her alone due to her busy schedule tending to her husband.  But lately, her calls reveal a kind of desperation.  She lives in this county, and begs me to come over...but I have declined, because if I carried Covid her hubby would be the worst person to infect.

It's a very lonely time for so many people Quill.
I hope your brother in law gets better, and I can understand how desperate your sister must feel right now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:31 pm

I have gotten into the habit of ordering stuff online...then, because I am a bit lax in checking my emails, I forget all about it.
It's a nice surprise when a parcel arrives a coupe of days later. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:27 pm

I get all of my news online as I don't watch TV very often (like for weeks at a time). There is a lot more news to keep up with between viruses, riots and elections so I read a little more. But since outside is safer, I have spent more time outside too. Work hasn't changed, in fact we are very busy. So my online time is mostly unchanged. But I have always used my phone more for being online anyway, so I can be "out" and online at the same time.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:My sister is nursing a sick husband, with lung cancer (yep, smoking).  He is undergoing chemotherapy every week.

I hope your brother in law gets better, and I can understand how desperate your sister must feel right now.

Unfortunately, he is terminal.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:47 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Sorry to hear that Quill.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Maddog wrote:I get all of my news online as I don't watch TV very often (like for weeks at a time). There is a lot more news to keep up with between viruses, riots and elections so I read a little more. But since outside is safer, I have spent more time outside too. Work hasn't changed, in fact we are very busy. So my online time is mostly unchanged. But I have always used my phone more for being online anyway, so I can be "out" and online at the same time.  
You are lucky insofar as your weather is better than ours, we get so much rain here.
Spring and summer it's not so bad, but from now till next March it'll be cold, damp and miserable.
I definately spend more time online in the winter, and this winter will be like no other.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:38 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Don't be.  We are all terminal.  It's just a question of when and under what circumstances.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:51 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:I get all of my news online as I don't watch TV very often (like for weeks at a time). There is a lot more news to keep up with between viruses, riots and elections so I read a little more. But since outside is safer, I have spent more time outside too. Work hasn't changed, in fact we are very busy. So my online time is mostly unchanged. But I have always used my phone more for being online anyway, so I can be "out" and online at the same time.  
You are lucky insofar as your weather is better than ours, we get so much rain here.
Spring and summer it's not so bad, but from now till next March it'll be cold, damp and miserable.
I definately spend more time online in the winter, and this winter will be like no other.

It is better usually. I'll bet it's been colder here the past 5 days than there though.

I've had fo apply cycling rule #5 a bit here lately.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:36 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Don't be.  We are all terminal.  It's just a question of when and under what circumstances.

True, but it's preferable to go peacefully rather than suffer for months prior to the termination.

It's also horrible for the loved ones left behind. You never forget seeing loved ones suffer...and the longer they suffer the harder it is to see.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:38 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

It is better usually. I'll bet it's been colder here the past 5 days than there though.

It's not particularly cold here yet, around 10 or 11c every day, it's the endless grey cloud and rain that's pretty depressing.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:58 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's not particularly cold here yet, around 10 or 11c every day, it's the endless grey cloud and rain that's pretty depressing.

Yeah, we had 5 days of rain and temps a little below that. Of course we means where I live. West Texas had snow a few days ago.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:07 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah, we had 5 days of rain and temps a little below that.  Of course we means where I live.  West Texas had snow a few days ago.  
Is it early for snow?
If it snows here, it generally comes after Christmas, and we in Manchester dont get that much anyway.
I think we have only been snowed in once in almost 40 years......we made some great snowmen that winter. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:39 am

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yeah, we had 5 days of rain and temps a little below that.  Of course we means where I live.  West Texas had snow a few days ago.  
Is it early for snow?
If it snows here, it generally comes after Christmas, and we in Manchester dont get that much anyway.
I think we have only been snowed in once in almost 40 years......we made some great snowmen that winter. Cool

Texas can get snow in October, up in the Panhandle especially.

We have some pretty wild swings in temperature once winter start rolling in.

On Feb. 10, 1981, the low temperature in Dalhart dipped to -3 degrees. On the same day, more than 860 miles to the south, the high temperature in Brownsville reached a balmy 90 degrees — a difference of 93 degrees between the two cities.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/curious-texas/2019/01/15/what-s-the-most-temperatures-across-texas-have-varied-in-one-day-curious-texas-investigates/

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:45 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:
Is it early for snow?

Texas can get snow in October, up in the Panhandle especially.

We have some pretty wild swings in temperature once winter start rolling in.

On Feb. 10, 1981, the low temperature in Dalhart dipped to -3 degrees. On the same day, more than 860 miles to the south, the high temperature in Brownsville reached a balmy 90 degrees — a difference of 93 degrees between the two cities.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/curious-texas/2019/01/15/what-s-the-most-temperatures-across-texas-have-varied-in-one-day-curious-texas-investigates/

The variance in temperatures you can have there is staggering.
I would say we don't often get more than 10c difference in any one day from north to south.
It's amazing that your ONE state is bigger than the whole of the UK.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks? AR-310113712

Nuff said...

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Original Quill wrote:Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks? AR-310113712

Nuff said...
I cant see anything. scratch
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:24 pm

I’m so sorry to hear this Quill. I hope he is soon on the road to recovery. Sending your sister and family my best wishes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:38 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Are you online more since the coronavirus outbreaks? AR-310113712

Nuff said...
I cant see anything. scratch

You don't need to. Just look at the size of Texas as contrasted to the whole of the United Kingdom. Then Texas fits in the side pocket of Alaska. And Alaska fits in the watch pocket of Australia.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:45 am

eddie wrote:

I’m so sorry to hear this Quill. I hope he is soon on the road to recovery. Sending your sister and family my best wishes.

Thx eds. Unfortunately, there is no recovery. The doctors are all about prolonging and making him comfortable. He, too, was a lawyer and a part of our Friday luncheon bunch...so, he is a friend as well as a relative.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down