NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I feel much safer now.

+5
Syl
inmyopinion
Original Quill
Tommy Monk
Maddog
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I feel much safer now.   Empty I feel much safer now.

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:47 pm

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

I feel much safer now.   Empty Re: I feel much safer now.

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:57 pm

Oh dear...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Tell 'er to get dressed. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:17 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Oh dear...

The boys are playing full contact football, slinging their snot on each other, but mom cant sit on the stands off by herself.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:24 pm

over reaction or what, if we ever get the forces involved it will hit the fan.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:36 pm

Don't worry. She's getting off easy. If she were black, they would kill her.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:06 pm

Proves that not all bullying nasty US cops are white.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 pm

Syl wrote:Proves that not all bullying nasty US cops are white.

Of course not. Nor are all victims Black.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:53 pm

Original Quill wrote:Don't worry.  She's getting off easy.  If she were black, they would kill her.

Exactly, that's why you will never see black people in jail or prison.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:21 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:Don't worry.  She's getting off easy.  If she were black, they would kill her.

You hope. Spoken like a true southern racist.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:23 pm

well the figures support blacks killing blacks far more likely.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:27 pm

inmyopinion wrote:

White cops don't care.  The white supremacist police will kill any black, any chance they get.  And even if they don't get a chance, they'll make one by breaking a taillight.  Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

White cops don't care.  The white supremacist police will kill any black, any chance they get.  And even if they don't get a chance, they'll make one by breaking a taillight.  Rolling Eyes

I hear that said but figures do not support it, I actually feel sorry for the police, they do a very difficult job while rules tie both hands, scrutiny is necessary but the weight has got ridiculous, I think US police have got it much harder than the British police, every police stop in the US could involve firearms, the police want to go home to their families, safe, as we all do, I cannot believe every police officer shoot first and asks questions later to black or white, the very idea does a huge disservice to good, hard working people.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

nicko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:11 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I hear that said but figures do not support it, I actually feel sorry for the police, they do a very difficult job while rules tie both hands, scrutiny is necessary but the weight has got ridiculous, I think US police have got it much harder than the British police, every police stop in the US could involve firearms, the police want to go home to their families, safe, as we all do, I cannot believe every police officer shoot first and asks questions later to black or white, the very idea does a huge disservice to good, hard working people.

10 millions Americans are arrested every year. 1000 are killed by police.

250 are black and 500 are white. the other 250 are various others.

Don't let the mythomaniac gaslight you.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

10 millions Americans are arrested every year. 1000 are killed by police.

250 are black and 500 are white. the other 250 are various others.

Don't let the mythomaniac gaslight you.  

I know what he says does not add up, that is for sure.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:15 pm

According to MSNBC, white cops are 5.5 times as likely to kill a black male as a white male, adjusted for proportion. They are even 2.4 times as likely to kill a black women than a white woman.

They just don't care, as long as they have the police union to stick up for them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:16 pm

Original Quill wrote:According to MSNBC, white cops are 5.5 times as likely to kill a black male as a white male, adjusted for proportion.  They are even 2.4 times as likely to kill a black women than a white woman.

They just don't care, as long as they have the police union to stick up for them.

More likely is correct.

But neither race is "safe"
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:30 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think we all want police to be the good guys.  But a sizable percentage of them are psychopaths wanting to vent their mental illness (to be kind).  Police work is attractive to the aberrant mind because it involves the exercise of authority over other human beings.  Let’s face it, just as paedophiles are attracted to the positions as wards in juvenile facilities, so autocratic types are attracted to police work.

As we discussed on another thread, a sizable portion of police are southerners who (for historical reasons) have drifted into police work, carrying with them their racial biases.

Cross autocracy with racial bias, and that is why police work in America has a huge stripe of racism in it.  Now I know that RW’ers are not problem solvers, but someday, somehow, this problem has to be faced, and a solution must be found.  Otherwise, the answer to civil strife is civil war, and we are already seeing the seeds of that in the streets.  The RW Neanderthal-speak serves no good, right or left.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

I think we all want police to be the good guys.  But a sizable percentage of them are psychopaths wanting to vent their mental illness (to be kind).  Police work is attractive to the aberrant mind because it involves the exercise of authority over other human beings.  Let’s face it, just as paedophiles are attracted to the positions as wards in juvenile facilities, so autocratic types are attracted to police work.

As we discussed on another thread, a sizable portion of police are southerners who (for historical reasons) have drifted into police work, carrying with them their racial biases.

Cross autocracy with racial bias, and that is why police work in America has a huge stripe of racism in it.  Now I know that RW’ers are not problem solvers, but someday, somehow, this problem has to be faced, and a solution must be found.  Otherwise, the answer to civil strife is civil war, and we are already seeing the seeds of that in the streets.  The RW Neanderthal-speak serves no good, right or left.

nope, you are wrong, the huge majority of them love their job and do it great.
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

nicko likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:04 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Sorry, but I am right.  I have a PhD in the subject, and I have taught at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, of the City University of New York, as well as the University of Arizona, Criminal Justice Department.  

You are just an outlander who lives in Turkey, and runs a dead website with, what, three members?  I doubt you have conducted any studies, least of all in America.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Yawn...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by inmyopinion Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:01 pm

Original Quill wrote:
inmyopinion wrote:

Sorry, but I am right.  I have a PhD in the subject, and I have taught at the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, of the City University of New York, as well as the University of Arizona, Criminal Justice Department.  

You are just an outlander who lives in Turkey, and runs a dead website with, what, three members?  I doubt you have conducted any studies, least of all in America.

you have a phd in arrogance, you know absolutely nothing about me, there is no way every or even a majority of cops go on shift every day to kill some one the very idea is preposterous ..
inmyopinion
inmyopinion
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:34 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

you have a phd in arrogance, you know absolutely nothing about me, there is no way every or even a majority of cops go on shift every day to kill some one the very idea is preposterous ..

And there is no evidence that they come from the south.

One more thing he has made up.

He's a sociopath.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

inmyopinion likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You hope.  Spoken like a true southern racist.

You know Quill, I always hope you find me fair, amd I have to say this....Maddog has never struck me as racist. I’m friends with him on Facebook and he has never struck me as racist on there either.

How about we all stop flinging pointless names around? Debate is far better that way.

Ps. For the record, I don’t agree with his opinions on you either.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:30 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

You know Quill, I always hope you find me fair, amd I have to say this....Maddog has never struck me as racist. I’m friends with him on Facebook and he has never struck me as racist on there either.

How about we all stop flinging pointless names around? Debate is far better that way.

I have more than opinions about him.

Lets take the above comments. He is stating that cops in the north and west are racist because they moved there from the south.

That is a blatant lie. He has no proof, because there is no proof.

I will call that out, because it ruins debate.

We can't very well discuss math if one debater insists that 2 and 2 is 5.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:33 am

And, I don't say racist things nor act racist.

Quill can't say the same about lying. He makes up things. That's not even debatable.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:35 am

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Lets take the above comments. He is stating that cops in the north and west are racist because they moved there from the south.

Then perhaps he should state them as opinions and not facts. That’s what debates are, in all actuality, they’re opinions.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:49 am

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Fair is relative, eds. I find you to be a RW conservative.

As for Redneck, you don't know southerners like I do. Ideologies come in a host of associations. Get to know those associations and you'll be able to predict the whole person.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:10 am

Eddie a RW conservative!!!???

lol!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:20 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Then perhaps he should state them as opinions and not facts. That’s what debates are, in all actuality, they’re opinions.

They are debates, using facts to back up opinions.

Everyday at work I give an opinion. That opinion is based on me compiling data and facts. If I misrepresent the facts and data, my opinion is worthless. Because of that, doing so could cost me my license or even my freedom if the misrepresentation is serious enough.

If you make up facts to support your opinion, you're a liar. That's what Quill does. And that's not even an opinion any more.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

They are debates, using facts to back up opinions.  

Everyday at work I give an opinion. That opinion is based on me compiling data and facts.  If I misrepresent the facts and data, my opinion is worthless. Because of that, doing so could cost me my license or even my freedom if the misrepresentation is serious enough.  

If you make up facts to support your opinion, you're a liar. That's what Quill does.  And that's not even an opinion any more.  

You don't know fact finding from farting apples.  What you sell is perspective.  You leave out inconvenient facts, cherry-pick friendly facts, and deny, or pivot your way out of difficult positions.  But that's when you take time out of attacking the messenger, and choose to deal with the message.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:07 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

Yeah really. Rolling Eyes
On Flap, I was a leftie. I feel much safer now.   2190311264
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:13 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

lol!

As my dad used to say, and I'm a left-handed Nigerian jet pilot!

Eddie has taken the famed Political Axis test and fallen in the same place as me and Quill -- left-libertarian. I live with her, I know she's no Tory. She's never voted for them, and if she does occasionally agree with them, well that's just like how most Democrats in America voted for Ronald Reagan in 1984 (the well-known "Reagan Democrats").

She actually said Quill was going to call her a right-winger last night -- good call, babe Cool

But really, can we ever debate an idea without dragging political ideology into it?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:19 am

I never took that test. It's no insult...I know many RW'ers that are quite civil.

Maybe it would please you if I said, eds is a very nice RW conservative. But she's a RW conservative, nonethtless.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:I never took that test.  It's no insult...I know many RW'ers that are quite civil.

Maybe it would please you if I said, eds is a very nice RW conservative.  But she's a RW conservative, nonethtless.

I know it's not an insult, but neither is it true. I live with her and you don't, therefore I know her far better than you do.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I never took that test.  It's no insult...I know many RW'ers that are quite civil.

Maybe it would please you if I said, eds is a very nice RW conservative.  But she's a RW conservative, nonethtless.

I know it's not an insult, but neither is it true. I live with her and you don't, therefore I know her far better than you do.

Dont forget he knows more about my ex wife than I do.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

On the other hand, I am a political scientist and you are not. I appreciate that you are very close to the subject, but that also probably means that you are too close to recognize the indicators. As sweet as I'm sure eddie is, she has reflexes that indicate an immediate and strong pull to the right.

As I say, that's not a bad thing. It just is... My parents, now deceased, were Republicans. My sister still is. Left or right, it has nothing to do with a person's affability.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:49 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

On the other hand, I am a political scientist and you are not.  I appreciate that you are very close to the subject, but that also probably means that you are too close to recognize the indicators.  As sweet as I'm sure eddie is, she has reflexes that indicate an immediate and strong pull to the right.

As I say, that's not a bad thing.  It just is...  My parents, now deceased, were Republicans.  My sister still is.  Left or right, it has nothing to do with a person's affability.

You're a mythomaniac with delusions of grandeur.

You should seek help.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:52 pm

They usually portray themselves as the hero or victim

"Along with being made the hero or victim in their stories, pathological liars tend to tell lies that seem to be geared at gaining admiration, sympathy, or acceptance by others."
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:13 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

On the other hand, I am a political scientist and you are not.  I appreciate that you are very close to the subject, but that also probably means that you are too close to recognize the indicators.  As sweet as I'm sure eddie is, she has reflexes that indicate an immediate and strong pull to the right.

As I say, that's not a bad thing.  It just is...  My parents, now deceased, were Republicans.  My sister still is.  Left or right, it has nothing to do with a person's affability.

Dude, I haven't said you're being insulting, only that you're wrong.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Hes not wrong, if he believes it.

Right? Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:22 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Fine. That settled, I have merely said that according to all indicators, eddie takes stands that indicate a RW conservative.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

Fine.  That settled, I have merely said that according to all indicators, eddie takes stands that indicate a RW conservative.

No she doesn't.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:09 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Fine.  That settled, I have merely said that according to all indicators, eddie takes stands that indicate a RW conservative.

No she doesn't.

Yes, she does.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:13 pm

Quill, you have called me RW in the past too, I have voted Labour all my life.
Eddie is certainly not on the right either, she has never come across as RW and Ben, who know her better than anyone, confirms this.

Why do you put labels on people?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 pm

Syl wrote:Quill, you have called me RW in the past too, I have voted Labour all my life.
Eddie is certainly not on the right either, she has never come across as RW and Ben, who know her better than anyone, confirms this.

Why do you put labels on people?

He is a fantasist that makes up things to make himself appear more important and informed than he actually is.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:47 am

Original Quill wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

What indicators? Can you tell us what ideas Eddie has that confirm her to be without doubt a RW conservative?

I struggle to think of any, off the top of my head. But since you say 'all', should be easy to put right.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Ben Reilly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:31 am

Maddog wrote:

Being dragged off is never nice to see. Very bad optics! No

But ...... crucially .... this encounter did NOT result in a death or a beating or anything.

The political protests in the Summer were because people were being frequently KILLED by cops, not just dragged off.

Massive, massive difference, dude!!!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:37 am

Pupils have been dragged away from classrooms by cops twice their size, for committing  petty 'nonviolent' misdemeanors.

These days a common reason for being dragged off is because of not wearing a mask. Here is an amazing one - especially the first minute or so.  Shocked  Shocked

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next