NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer

2 posters

Go down

Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer Empty Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Construction lorries driving into London will be made to travel routes that minimise the number of left turns they take to improve road safety, it has been announced.The Great London Authority will use planning powers to require building firms to bring supplies in and out of through safer routes that minimise risk to people on bikes.A disproportionate share of deaths and serious injuries to pedestrians and cyclists in London are dealt out by lorries.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/lorries-driving-into-london-told-not-to-make-any-left-turns-to-make-roads-safer-10480717.html

Back to top Go down

Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer Empty Re: Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:38 pm

So if they keep turning right...won't they end up going in circles?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer Empty Re: Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:56 pm

eddie wrote:So if they keep turning right...won't they end up going in circles?
Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer 3356277174

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:01 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:So if they keep turning right...won't they end up going in circles?
Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer 3356277174

Hahahahahahahaha
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Here we go round the mulberry bush takes on a new meaning lol

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:03 pm

The lorries or this forum? lol!
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:04 pm

Both!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm

sassy wrote:Both!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ain't that the truth!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:06 pm

Yes....I can feel it coming.....

Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer 3018442852
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:07 pm

Nobody has bothered to read this have they?

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:20 pm

They should also be told to clear up the mud they leave on the road. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:28 pm

Cuchulain wrote:Nobody has bothered to read this have they?

I promise I will after school sir! study
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:29 pm

eddie wrote:

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:30 pm

eddie wrote:

Or just read the article and actually grasp what is intended

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

I will try. I'll put on me specs
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
eddie wrote:

As in grasp the nettle or is it metal?.
Oh no it's pedal to the metal
All together now

Convoooy!

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

All together now

Convoooy!

cheers

No just grasp the fact you are that slow love.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:38 pm

Cuchulain wrote:
Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

All together now

Convoooy!

cheers

Laughing

She's in the slow lane that's why! Just wait till she revs that baby up!!! Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer 3738099605
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Laughing

She's in the slow lane that's why! Just wait till she revs that baby up!!! Lorries driving into London told not to make any left turns to make roads safer 3738099605

She has always been in the slow lane ha ha ha ha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:48 pm

eddie wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

Laughing

That's true I have been very fast in my day Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:49 pm

Nems wrote:
eddie wrote:

That's true I have been very fast in my day Laughing

Nothing to be proud of Nems.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:01 pm

...fell off the back of a lorry she did....
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:03 pm

Nems wrote:
Cuchulain wrote:

All together now

Convoooy!

cheers

Or is it mettle? Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Nems wrote:

All together now

Convoooy!

cheers

Or is it mettle? Laughing

Oh I don't know! Perhaps we should ask Didge because he knows everything about everything. He said so Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:42 pm

All I am waiting for is people to actually read the article Nems and then make views.
But your bitching is also amusing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:30 pm

read it...bloody daft if you ask me...

sure cyclist get killed...

90% of which could be fairly adjudged to have commited suicide in any rational world...

now ole Borris wants to make his mind up, becasue pretty soon suppliers outside of london are going to stick two fingers up and say if you want this....come and get it, cos we aint bringing it....

Its becomming not worthwhile to supply our capital city.

cyclists need to stop thinking they are just like cars only smaller
they need to stop thinking they have the right to sneak up the sides of vehicles, and take their place in traffic queues.
same a motor cyclists...

if you are behind something big and lumpy that could tread on you STAY behind it until it is completely safe to get past it....stop being prats.....

grrrrr...dont get me started about cyclists......

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Yes - never argue with a large lorry, even if the driver is in the wrong.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down