NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban?

5 posters

Go down

Should London have a every other day driving ban

Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_lcap56%Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 5 ]
Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_lcap44%Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_lcap0%Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_lcap0%Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Empty Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:17 pm

Free public transport and alternate driving days are being imposed (temporarily) in Paris to tackle dangerous levels of air pollution. London is also experiencing very high atmospheric pollution levels, according to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, and 4,000 people die prematurely each year from the effects of pollution

(obviously it would have to take into account the disabled who can't use public transport), but it seems a good idea to me.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Empty Re: Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Erm, you didn't notice Paris has already done it?

Back to top Go down

Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban? Empty Re: Should London impose an every-other-day driving ban?

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Ban diesels, they are the cause of the most dangerous pollution. PM10's.
The previous odd even number days just punished the poor who could only afford one car, others just bought another car so they had one with odd and other with even so could drive all the time.
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:30 pm

No they should just do what they always do make out we have a choice and then make petrol, diesel, tolls or whatever it takes so expensive people will not be able to afford to drive in London and make out people had freedom of choice...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
Sassy wrote:
Erm, you didn't notice Paris has already done it?

Arrow 

They should extend it to all of France ~ not just le Capital !

Then next week start on Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy..

Clean up ALL of Europe, not just a few capital cities...    Basketball 

WHAT? It's only the capital cities that have the problem, have you ever seen the beautiful countryside of France and it's clean air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:57 pm

Sassy wrote:

Free public transport and alternate driving days are being imposed (temporarily) in Paris to tackle dangerous levels of air pollution. London is also experiencing very high atmospheric pollution levels, according to the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, and 4,000 people die prematurely each year from the effects of pollution

(obviously it would have to take into account the disabled who can't use public transport), but it seems a good idea to me.

Whilst I agree in principle, this would severely affect people like my OH who is a black cab driver.

He suffers awfully with air pollution poisoning too, stuffy nose, coughing etc.
He cleans the inside if his windows constantly and they are black with grime!!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Every other day? How would that work then?

There's far too much traffic in London - one can hardly move for it. There's loads of public transport there so I have no idea why so many people drive. I had a car in London, but I hardly ever used it tbh.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Every other day? How would that work then?

There's far too much traffic in London - one can hardly move for it. There's loads of public tranport there so I have no idea why so many people drive. I had a car in London, but I hardly ever used it tbh.

By issuing odd and even number plates. Odds drive one day, evens another.

Or they could just ban diesel. It's the worst of the lot.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Sassy wrote:

Whilst I agree in principle, this would severely affect people like my OH who is a black cab driver.

I think black cabs are one of the things I would leave out of the ban, apart from anything else, the disabled might need them.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:45 pm

Sassy wrote:
eddie wrote:

I think black cabs are one of the things I would leave out of the ban, apart from anything else, the disabled might need them.

I agree of course!
They should swap to petrol though.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gerber Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:01 am

It is the most ludicrous idea the French have arrived at for some years...........

Use public transport...........................An assumption that one lives in or near Paris and is working in Paris

How do Parents get children to different schools.....

How do visitors to the Country travel through Paris to their destination........  

Bonkers.

Next week all will have to drive on the left so help protect the tarmac on the right hand side of the road.
gerber
gerber
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:21 am

Start reducing the population of the world now.

In 200 years things will be better.

Job done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down