NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus

+3
Tommy Monk
Syl
Didgee
7 posters

Go down

NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus Empty NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:16 am

• Study in the British Medical Journal finds 'strikingly low' death rate in children

• Scientists found 1% of children in hospital died, compared to 27% of adults 

• Research comes amid a debate about whether it's safe for schools to reopen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8670287/Government-funded-study-rules-exceptionally-rare-children-die-coronavirus.html

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus Empty Re: NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus

Post by Syl Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:25 pm

It's really good news that no healthy child has died of the virus, but I don't think that's the main concern of people who fear there will be another spike once the schools reopen next week.

As the article mentioned, it's the fact that though children seem to cope well when infected, they can pass it on to older members of society.

It's trial and error really, even the experts don't know what'll happen till it happens.

Now they are encouraging people to resume taking public transport and to get back into work rather than working from home, which the majority seem to prefer.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus Empty Re: NO healthy child has died from Covid in Britain: Scientists reveal the UK's six young fatalities already had serious health problems when they were hit by virus

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:20 pm

Daily UK deaths from covid are down to about 10...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Daily UK deaths from covid are down to about 10...

That's very good news, I don't follow the daily figures anymore, it got way too depressing.
The infection rate is still very high, maybe the original strain of Coronavirus has been weakened along the way....hopefully anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:07 pm

No... It's about 10 in 100,000...

About 700-800 positive test results a day at the moment across the UK... and when you compare that to the amount of daily tests that are being done, which is about 150,000 a day, then it's really quite low numbers indeed...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:46 pm

Syl wrote:As the article mentioned, it's the fact that though children seem to cope well when infected, they can pass it on to older members of society.

Yes, people don't seem to grasp that this virus has a double-wammy. The illness itself, the symptoms, are bad enough, but the dispersion is worse for society. People only tend to think about the illness and deaths.

What is huge is that Covid has such a wide asymptomatic spread. That is, people with no illness or symptoms at all are going around as Typhoid Mary's, infecting and killing more vulnerable candidates.

It's these silent, deadly carriers who are the cause of the shutdown of society.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:51 pm

Syl wrote:It's really good news that no healthy child has died of the virus, but I don't think that's the main concern of people who fear there will be another spike once the schools reopen next week.

As the article mentioned, it's the fact that though children seem to cope well when infected, they can pass it on to older members of society.

It's trial and error really, even the experts don't know what'll happen till it happens.

Now they are encouraging people to resume taking public transport and to get back into work rather than working from home, which the majority seem to prefer.

The reality is Syl, is that the majority of parents are going to be under 50 and I understand your concern with if they pass this on. Which again the science shows this may not be the case. Further studies are needed

What should be stated with children returning to school and only those without any members of their household without underlining health issues. Is that they have to be careful when visiting elderly relatives

Its all about being piratical here. Where kids need schooling and some normality back to life. Especially as there has been a huge spike in anxiety in young children, during this.

We have to start going forward now with back to school for kids. We cannot live in constant fear.

I understand face masks are going to be worn as well to minimise the risk of spreading

Life has to go on

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Maddog likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:05 pm

And that is why I believe that most of us here in UK have already had it by now...

We are closer to herd immunity than is thought...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:27 pm

Didgee wrote:
Syl wrote:It's really good news that no healthy child has died of the virus, but I don't think that's the main concern of people who fear there will be another spike once the schools reopen next week.

The reality is Syl, is that the majority of parents are going to be under 50 and I understand your concern with if they pass this on. Which again the science shows this may not be the case. Further studies are needed

What should be stated with children returning to school and only those without any members of their household without underlining health issues. Is that they have to be careful when visiting elderly relatives

Its all about being piratical here. Where kids need schooling and some normality back to life. Especially as there has been a huge spike in anxiety in young children, during this.

We have to start going forward now with back to school for kids. We cannot live in constant fear.

I understand face masks are going to be worn as well to minimise the risk of spreading

Life has to go on

First you fix the problem. Then go back to normal.

The virus is as active as ever. The powers that be have prevented any testing. You can't know if we are progressing, if you don't contact trace. You can't contact trace, if you don't test. We have no idea where we are in this pandemic.

We haven't even begun to test. Testing should be on a daily basis, like a diabetes test, as this is a highly infectious disease. Then, a whole army should be out there contact tracing. There is nothing.

We cannot send our children back to school when we don't know their condition, or the condition of the population. Schools are breeding farms for the virus. Even as RW political operatives say 'go back, go back" what parent is going to send his/her child into a virus farm? It's futile.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Life has to go on

The powers that be have prevented any testing.  You can't know if we are progressing, if you don't contact

Eh?

What powers and where exactly?

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:53 pm

Central governments have deferred to the states and localities to test.  Then they have cleared the table of any testing materials so that no testing can be performed.

You have a Tory government, we have a Trumpster government.  It's all part of an effort to deny/minimize the virus, so that the economy doesn't falter.

Make it impossible to test, and it is impossible to contact trace.  If it is impossible to contact trace, you can't measure spread.  If you can't measure spread, the governments can deny the disease still exists, and keep people at their jobs.  Even now, they are issuing edicts that kids should go back to school, and adults should go back to work. No harm.

Of course, it's a lie. But lying is what RW'ers do.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:Central governments have deferred to the states and localities to test.  Then they have cleared the table of any testing materials so that no testing can be performed.

You have a Tory government, we have a Trumpster government.  It's all part of an effort to deny/minimize the virus, so that the economy doesn't falter.

Is this your opening speech for the flat earth society tonight?

That never answered my question

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:02 pm

You didn't read carefully.  It's all there.  How many times have I told you to learn to process ideas, don't just collect them. Follow the power.

Lordy, it's in all the papers...where have you been?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:You didn't read carefully.  It's all there.  How many times have I told you to learn to process ideas, don't just collect them.  Follow the power.

I have certainly learned process

1) To fact check your claims

2) To easily refute your claims

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Didgee wrote:
Original Quill wrote:You didn't read carefully.  It's all there.  How many times have I told you to learn to process ideas, don't just collect them.  Follow the power.

Good for you. Now engage what you have learned.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:18 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Good for you.  Now engage what you have learned.

I never learnt this from you

I learnt to easily show you up for unfounded claims

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 pm

Once you wild-minded and freeky-eyed in your arguments, and I taught you intellectual discipline.

But I don't look for credit. I'm just reminding you to not stray from what you've learned.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Original Quill wrote:Once you wild-minded and freeky-eyed in your arguments, and I taught you intellectual discipline.

But I don't look for credit.  I'm just reminding you to not stray from what you've learned.

lol, Its not you I learnt from mate

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:38 pm

You were awfully green when I met you. Lol.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Didgee Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:You were awfully green when I met you.  Lol.

I think not mate Smile

Didgee
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:35 am

Didgee wrote:

Life has to go on

I actually agree, though masks and continued distancing from parents is a must. We can't stay locked down forever.

Not sure about getting piratical though, that could just bring a different kind of chaos pirat Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:47 am

Eilzel wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Life has to go on

I actually agree, though masks and continued distancing from parents is a must. We can't stay locked down forever.

Not sure about getting piratical though, that could just bring a different kind of chaos pirat Laughing

That keeps one eye protected from covid at all times.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:54 am

Maddog wrote:
Eilzel wrote:
Didgee wrote:

Life has to go on

That keeps one eye protected from covid at all times.

lol!
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:51 am

Didgee wrote:

Life has to go on

Oh I agree that schools should open again next week, we wont know what affect this will have until kids start back, and there obviously will have to be safety measures put in place, both in school and also tightened up in the home if older people are present.
Like you say life has to go on, and schooling is fundamental in trying to get back into some sort of routine.

Government is now saying in areas where the virus spikes, schools may operate a rotation system so less kids are in school at any one time.
I guess it's all going to be trial and error for the foreseeable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:03 pm

Syl wrote:...we wont know what affect this will have until kids start back

And kids won't start back, as responsible parents will not let them attend school until they see what happens.

Also, in this country, thousands of teachers are resigning permanently rather than expose their own families to covid-19. It's not as if the government is paying for hazardous duty pay...and teaching jobs were always only stepping stones for better paying jobs in business and industry, anyway.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:18 pm

While here in UK, there are people who say that it's too dangerous for them to go back to work and to send their kids back to school... But they can go on holiday, go down to packed beaches, go round the shops to treat themselves to expensive non essential items, and go out to restaurants when they're getting a £10 gov funded discount per person...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Our government has said they will close pubs and shops before they take the measure to close schools again after they reopen next week.
I think that's the right decision, education and getting young people back into a routine again after 6 months of staying indoors most of the time has to be more important than enabling adults to pop into the local for a pint.

I'm sure IF the virus starts to spread and the cause is traced back to schoolkids infecting older more vulnerable adults, other measures will have to be put into place, but till then....
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:31 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

While here in UK, there are people who say that it's too dangerous for them to go back to work and to send their kids back to school... But they can go on holiday, go down to packed beaches, go round the shops to treat themselves to expensive non essential items, and go out to restaurants when they're getting a £10 gov funded discount per person...

The government funded discount when eating out has been a success though.
Though I wont go out to restaurants in the evening yet, we do go out for lunch as long as there is a socially distanced outside eating area and it's warm enough to eat out.
Twice we have had an unexpected half price bill , which is nice, but just getting back to some sort of normality is even nicer.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:21 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:While here in UK, there are people who say that it's too dangerous for them to go back to work and to send their kids back to school... But they can go on holiday, go down to packed beaches, go round the shops to treat themselves to expensive non essential items, and go out to restaurants when they're getting a £10 gov funded discount per person...

We aren't talking about beaches, shops and restaurants. If those problems are big on your agenda, go fix them.

As for schools, while they are positive learning centers, they are also sanctuaries for disease. A virus doesn't know a classroom from an outhouse. They are disease exchanges, transmitters of death. With that in mind, what parent wants to send his/her child into harm's way?

You can play whataboutism as long as you like, but that kind of negative talk is not going to inspire parents to put their children in danger. What parent is going to listen to: meh...people kill their children all the time!?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:24 pm

Yawn...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:40 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

You wouldn't feel bitter about this at all, would you?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:02 pm

Just pointing out the hypocrisy bruv...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:11 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Just pointing out the hypocrisy bruv...

I have to wonder how you could know that the same people keeping their kids home are also crowding the beaches, let alone how you know how much they're spending in shops.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:37 pm

Those claiming it to be too unsafe to do the former... But have been happy doing the latter... Are the hypocrites...

I'm not pointing the finger at any one person specifically... I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of many...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:42 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Those claiming it to be too unsafe to do the former... But have been happy doing the latter... Are the hypocrites...

I'm not pointing the finger at any one person specifically... I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of many...

Just wondering how you know that people who won't send their kids back to school are also crowding the beaches.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:03 am

I wasn't just talking about beaches...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

I wasn't just talking about beaches...

I want to know how you know any of these things you're claiming as facts. How do you know that people going on holiday, crowding beaches, taking advantage of Eat Out to Help Out and (apparently) spending exorbitant amounts of money in shops are also refusing to go back to work or send their children back to school.

I would really appreciate a straightforward answer, because if you're right, you apparently have a way of knowing things that I don't possess, and that I would like to have.

So -- how do you know these things?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:15 pm

Common sense...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down