NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together

Go down

'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together Empty 'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:56 am

'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together Couple-suicide

An inseparable elderly couple jumped to their deaths in “each others’ arms” when their failing health became too much to bear, an inquest heard.

Royston and Glenys Smith, were found dead after falling from their flat in Crag Head, Bournemouth, on 3 December last year.

An inquest at Bounemouth Coroner’s Court heard they had left a note for their two sons saying: “Sorry boys. This is the best way. Too much pain. Love mum and dad,” the Bournemouth Echo reported.

The great-grandparents, aged 91 and 88, had feared being separated and put into care after their health deteriorated last year.

Mr Smith was battling prostate cancer and his wife suffered a back injury and osteoporosis, according to the Bournemouth Echo.

The inquest heard Mr Smith told a cleaner in his flat block they feared they were becoming a burden on their family, who had been discussing finding them a care home where they could live together.

Their son, Michael Smith, said: “The family believe they would have fallen together. They always were and always will remain inseparable.”

Coroner Sherriff Payne recorded a verdict of suicide, adding: “It was a committed decision they made, carried out together almost in each others' arms.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/inseparable-elderly-couple-suffering-health-problems-jump-to-deaths-together-9130553.html

This actually made me cry.  How on earth have things got so bad for the elderly that this would seem the only alternative  Sad

May they rest in peace together.

Back to top Go down

'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together Empty Re: 'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:05 pm

That is really sad indeed FTL, but can you imagine for a moment the fear and pain of being possibly separated from each other after so many years together ?...

Soulmates till the end, tbh, sadly their health would have only got worse, and I'm guessing they thought....we will do it together now, while we can still stand up and physically do so...

I remember the story of the young rugby player who was paralysed in an accident playing his sport,meh flew out to Dignitas in Switzerland, as being paralysed from the neck down , it would have been a terrible quality of life for him at such a very young age, he was a bairn really....

Some can like that , but others just can't.

RIP all of these folks.Sad

Back to top Go down

'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together Empty Re: 'Inseparable' elderly couple suffering health problems jump to deaths together

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:06 pm

That is so said they should have been able to stay together even in care, they must have loved each other so much to have done this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:12 pm

heavenly father wrote:That is so said they should have been able to stay together even in care, they must have loved each other so much to have done this...

That's it Favva, but they obviously had doubts to wether or not they would have been allowed to, and knowing this coalition government, there sadly probably would have been a problem with that.Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:14 pm

Joy Division wrote:
heavenly father wrote:That is so said they should have been able to stay together even in care, they must have loved each other so much to have done this...

That's it Favva, but they obviously had doubts to wether or not they would have been allowed to, and knowing this coalition government, there sadly probably would have been a problem with that.Sad

there has been cases were couples have been split up and I think it is wrong, there should be something in place to see they can be together..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:01 pm

Joy Division wrote:That is really sad indeed FTL, but can you imagine for a moment the fear and pain of being possibly separated from each other after so many years together ?...

Soulmates till the end, tbh, sadly their health would have only got worse, and I'm guessing they thought....we will do it together now, while we can still stand up and physically do so...

I remember the story of the young rugby player who was paralysed in an accident playing his sport,meh flew out to Dignitas in Switzerland, as being paralysed from the neck down , it would have been a terrible quality of life for him at such a very young age, he was a bairn really....

Some can like that , but others just can't.

RIP all of these folks.Sad

Yes I do understand JD. I just wish that there was an alternative for them, they must have been very scared  Sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Very sad, but whenever anybody dies all we can hope is that they lived a good life with many happy times no matter how long or short their lives were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:16 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Very sad, but whenever anybody dies all we can hope is that they lived a good life with many happy times no matter how long or short their lives were.

It certainly seemed that they had a lifetime of love together Andy  I love you 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:22 pm

feelthelove wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:Very sad, but whenever anybody dies all we can hope is that they lived a good life with many happy times no matter how long or short their lives were.

It certainly seemed that they had a lifetime of love together Andy  I love you 

I hope so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:56 pm

We treat the elderly so badly in this country.
This is heartbreaking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down