NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’

2 posters

Go down

Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’ Empty Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:08 pm

Heartless ghouls goaded a homeless man to throw himself from a bridge after he threatened to jump into the water below in a protest over his housing situation.
Romanian Nicolae Iordache climbed onto Pero's Bridge in Bristol in a desperate cry for help after ending up on the streets two weeks ago.
The 50-year-old, who has been in the UK for two years, works in a restaurant near Bath and staged a public protest against a perceived lack of help with his situation at around 5pm on Saturday.

But soon hundreds of onlookers had gathered at Bristol's Harbourside and chants of 'jump, jump, jump' broke out, reports the Bristol Post.
Shouts of 'hurry up and jump in' were heard and as the distressed Romanian was perched perilously over the water.
And after one drunken onlooker threw himself into the water, another shouted 'look he's done it so now you can get the f**k on and do it'.

Mr Iordache, who removed his clothes during the incident, says he had no intention to hurt himself and police say they did not treat it as a suicide attempt.
The father-of-two claims a disagreement with his landlord led to him ending up on the streets.
He told the Bristol Post: 'My landlord kept asking me for money every day - £1 here, £3 there. Two weeks ago I said 'no more' and refused. I went out and when I came back he had taken my key away and I couldn't get in.'

'This is my life, I just want help, I don't want these problems. I came to the bridge today to protest. I am an honest person.'
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Police said: 'Balancing a finite number of officers to deal with multiple incidents across the force area is always a challenge and dispersing a crowd would have required additional resources, while also not necessarily being the best tactic for the man's safety.
'It's disappointing that a small minority of people watching this incident shouted unhelpful comments while officers were focusing on engaging with the man during this incident.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4920530/Disgust-onlookers-goad-homeless-man-jump-bridge.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’ Empty Re: Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:09 pm

It's not exactly a fall that would kill him via impact.

Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’ 44B9F04A00000578-4920530-image-a-11_1506417255564

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’ Empty Re: Sickening scene as crowd yell ‘Get on with it’ at homeless man threatening to leap off a bridge before starting football-style chant of ‘Jump! Jump! Jump!’

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:09 pm

Laughing

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down