NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president"

4 posters

Go down

Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president" Empty Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president"

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:12 pm

A new poll has shown Joe Biden commanding a dominant lead over Donald Trump, who now trails the Democrat by 14 points.

The New York Times' latest poll, published on Tuesday, also showed Mr Biden’s support widening among women and minority voters.

Some 50 per cent would support Mr Biden in November’s presidential election, according to The Times’ newest poll, compared to 36 per cent who would back president Trump.

ADVERTISING

Ads by Teads
The 14 point distance between Mr Biden and Mr Trump is also the widest seen in 2020, and an undoubtable warning that his reelection bid could be in trouble.

That comes as the US president has presided over an economic crisis, the Covid-19 pandemic and nationwide protests against systemic racism and police brutality.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election/biden-trump-us-election-women-minority-voters-a9583221.html

Trump will inevitably write a few dozen angry tweets about how this is fake news, just like police brutality and Covid-19.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president" Empty Re: Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president"

Post by eddie Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:13 pm

I hope it’s true but I don’t trust polls at all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president" Empty Re: Biden dominates Trump in latest NYT poll - "most Americans have turned their backs on the president"

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:25 pm

eddie wrote:I hope it’s true but I don’t trust polls at all.

The polling in 2016 showed Clinton winning the popular vote by very close to the percentage by which she did win it.

The problem is the Electoral College. But Clinton's lead over Trump wasn't nearly close to 14 points.

A big enough popular vote victory will all but ensure an Electoral College victory.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:I hope it’s true but I don’t trust polls at all.

The polling in 2016 showed Clinton winning the popular vote by very close to the percentage by which she did win it.

The problem is the Electoral College. But Clinton's lead over Trump wasn't nearly close to 14 points.

A big enough popular vote victory will all but ensure an Electoral College victory.

Most people don't get it, but America is not a democracy at the executive level.  A president in the federal scheme is not elected, but appointed.  The election is for electors, who then appoint the president.

Two of the three presidents this century have lost the popular vote, but won the appointment.  That's not a democracy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:55 am

Trump should be finished. Biden is more than capable of breathing life into the Trump campaign.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:11 pm

Biden is playing it smart, just laying low and letting Trump self-destruct. Biden will make comments from his study now and again, while Trump goes through a bunch of failures--Tulsa, Phoenix, the resurgent pandemic and anti-black sentiment--and blunders through with admissions like he told officials to administer fewer coronavirus tests.

Trump has women against him because of his caging of children, and men against him because of his destruction of the economy.

Everything hinges on the person selected by Biden to be his vice-president. That person will be president by 2024.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:53 pm

Biden's VP could be president in March of 2021.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 pm

Maddog wrote:Biden's VP could be president in March of 2021.

Agreed! I have already made the point that there are two things up for grabs in this presidential appointment: 1) rid the nation of Trump; 2) return to the progressive agenda that began with Dr. Obama.

I am quite enthusiastic about the first of these. Biden leads Trump in the latest NYTimes poll by 14-points. But I question whether Biden, without Obama, can soldier-on with the progressive agenda.

That's where the vice-president comes into play. Biden is practically an octogenarian, and he has pledged to be a one-term president because of his age. Even before this, he may be led to step down via the 25-Amendment. Or, god forbid, he may die in office.

That is why I say the vice-presidential selection is so important. That person will lead the march onward for the progressive agenda.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 pm

If all if that is true, the VP should be the actual nominee.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:13 pm

Maddog wrote:If all if that is true, the VP should be the actual nominee.  

Yeah, well, that's retail politics.  It is often a crapshoot.

Biden has already pledged that his VP will be a female.  With Amy Klobuchar backing out, saying that he should select a person of color, that is additional pressure to select a woman of color.

That would appear to mean Kamala Harris, Senator from California, or Stacy Abrams, former candidate for Governor of Georgia, or thirdly, a surprise, Muriel Bowser, Mayor of Washington, DC, who rose to prominence during the recent demonstrations.  Harris, former DA of San Francisco and AG of California, would be perfect for prosecuting Trump once he leaves office.  Stacy Abrams, would be good for her adult-in-the-room determination.  And, Muriel Bowser, would be great for shear guts and determination.

Any one of the above would be acceptable to me.  Disregarding all of the above, I still think the best choice for vice-president would Barack Obama.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down