NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump

4 posters

Go down

Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump Empty Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump

Post by Independent Thoughts Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 pm

According to a new poll, the majority of Americans do not agree with the Democratic leadership’s resistance to the great President Trump.

A Harvard-Harris poll, which was conducted between Feb. 11 through Feb. 13, found that 73 percent of voters think Democrats should start working with Trump, compared to 27 percent who said they want Democrats to continue to fight Trump on every decision he makes.

In a breakdown of Democrats versus Republicans, Democrats are nearly split down the middle. Of the Democrats polled, 52 percent said their party should cooperate with Trump when they can find common ground and 48 percent believe they should dig in their heels and resist any Trump proposal, regardless of the measure.  48 percent of Republicans would like to see Trump find common ground with the Democrats in Congress, but 52 percent want Trump to do whatever it takes to push his agenda through.

The poll surveyed 2,148 registered voters consisting of 39 percent Democrats, 30 percent Republicans, 27 percent Independents, and five percent in the “other” category.
Yes, this survey had  +9% more Democrats than Republicans.

Poll: Americans want Democrats to work with Trump

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump Empty Re: Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:20 pm

No big deal, really -- after most presidential elections, most Americans want the two parties to work together. Americans as a whole are much bigger on bipartisanship than it would sometimes seem.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump Empty Re: Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump

Post by Independent Thoughts Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:26 pm

Ben, this goes much deeper than a simple case of "Post-Election Nice Play".  Just look at the past 8 years and what it's meant for the Democrats.

The Democrats need to show that they can do more than cry and protest.  And if they don't... meh, they'll become extinct by the next election. If you think that's an overstatement, consider the following:

The Democratic Party suffered huge losses at every level during Obama’s presidency.

The grand total: a net loss of 1,042 state and federal Democratic posts, including congressional and state legislative seats, governorships and the presidency.

Democratic U.S. Senate seats fell from 55 to 46. Their share of the House plummeted from 256 seats to 194.

Democratic governerships also became a rarity during this eight-year period, slipping from 28 to 16.

After a failed run at the House minority leader position Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, said last month:
Tim Ryan wrote:
We’re not even a national party at this point. We have some support on the coasts, but we’ve lost the support of middle America, and we’ve got to make some changes. So I’m pulling the fire alarm here, because the house is on fire.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/21/pelosi_challenger_rep_tim_ryan_democrats_are_not_a_national_party_anymore.html

Hear it straight from the horse's mouth, here:

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

The problem isn't with the American people.

Trump only perceives his existence in antagonism. For the Democrats to move together, would be impossible, because it would deny Trump his enmity.

He would have to find new ones.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 pm

I will say this: the McConnell-Boehner doctrine changed politics forever.  Unfortunately, it is permanent precedent now.  You work for America to fail under the programs and platforms of the other party.

Perhaps with a new political party on the right, things could go back to the old way.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:31 pm

I think that denial is the Democrats' biggest enemy.
When they get elected, they immediately forget who put them there and why.  Then when people get fed up with the lack of results or kept promises, the Dems call the voters "deplorable", "racist", "bigoted", etc.

That's why there are fewer and fewer Democrats in office, with each passing election.
Keep ignoring and deflecting your problems, Dems.  We'll have another election in less than 2 years and We, The People, will finish moving the rest of the Dems out of Congress.

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:39 pm

I think the Democrats were recalcitrant in only one way: they didn't pay attention when the Republicans were rigging the system.  Gerrymandering and voter exclusion, and laws like Michigan's emergency manager law, are now infections that we must live with.

The good news is that the population has moved so far to the left that such shenanigans will soon not matter anymore.  When Hispanic populations overwhelm states like Texas, Arizona and Colorado, as they have in California, it will be all over.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 pm

OQ wrote:
The good news is that the population has moved so far to the left that such shenanigans will soon not matter anymore.

LOL!  So, losing over 1,000 Democratic posts to Republicans, since Obama took office, is the result of the US population scrambling for the left, huh?  Okie dokie, then....

As I said:
"I think that denial is the Democrats' biggest enemy."

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
OQ wrote:
The good news is that the population has moved so far to the left that such shenanigans will soon not matter anymore.

LOL!  So, losing over 1,000 Democratic posts to Republicans, since Obama took office, is the result of the US population scrambling for the left, huh?  Okie dokie, then....

As I said:

No, I said it was the result of Republican voter fraud shenanigans. Move on...

The population shifts are the second topic. Get your thinking straight.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Independent Thoughts Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:24 pm

OQ wrote:
...it was the result of Republican voter fraud shenanigans.

Ohhhhhh.... ok, yes. Wink (Hehehe!)
I sure hope that the rest of the Democrats have come to the same conclusion as you. So long as they keep believing they're doing everything right and the voters are the problem, the world will be better off because they'll be the "forgotten party".

The Dems have lost over 1,000 posts during Obama's tenure in office. I think if they keep up with their defensive posturing, we can expect 1,500 even fewer Democrats by the time Trump finishes his second term.

As I said:

Independent Thoughts
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:20 pm

Denial is a river in east Africa.  We've got all we need to shut America down.  Lawsuits, strikes and demonstrations...plus 3-million more votes than the Republicans.

And if this isn't going to be a democracy, we'll herd you rednecks aboard South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama and untie your barge.

Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump X1drw

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:33 pm

Lord Independent Thoughts wrote:
OQ wrote:
...it was the result of Republican voter fraud shenanigans.

Ohhhhhh.... ok, yes. Wink  (Hehehe!)
I sure hope that the rest of the Democrats have come to the same conclusion as you.  So long as they keep believing they're doing everything right and the voters are the problem, the world will be better off because they'll be the "forgotten party".

The Dems have lost over 1,000 posts during Obama's tenure in office.  I think if they keep up with their defensive posturing, we can expect 1,500 even fewer Democrats by the time Trump finishes his second term.

As I said:

I think that time is the Republicans' biggest enemy.

Harvard-Harris Poll: Americans Disagree With Democratic Leadership’s Resistance to President Trump Age
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 am

Cool

IS Comrade  NITrollsky really so thick and un-observant that the real figures pass right over him...

Only a quarter of the eligible American voters elected the Dumpster's team...

In recent polls, nearly 80% of respondents aren't happy with Trump  --  the support for the Teabaggers has already dropped from 25.4% just over 20% in less than 4 weeks --  that's a drop of one-fifth in real world numbers..

If Herr Nitwitsky believes that 20% support for a gov't is true democracy in action, then he has a very odd notion of democratic representation.

Bring on the "Divided States of America"..  Let the Teabaggers and alt.right have their redneck and reactionary 'Middle Merica' --  while the West Coast, Texas and the East could easily continue on without them dragging the chain.       Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down