NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds

+4
Andy
Eilzel
nicko
Ben Reilly
8 posters

Go down

Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds Empty Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm

The latest survey from the Pew Research Center indicates that a majority of American adults support the House's decision to begin an impeachment investigation into President Donald Trump, with support even more pronounced among younger age groups.

The data, released Thursday, showed that 54 percent of American adults approve of the House's decision to launch an investigation into the president. Forty-four percent disapproved of the move.

An even higher number—58 percent—said the president had definitely or probably done things that are "grounds for impeachment."

The study surveyed 3,487 adults between October 1 and 13. Though most supported the investigation, Pew noted that most Americans have not changed their views on the matter since early September before House Leader Nancy Pelosi announced the probe.

However, Pew reported that nine percent of respondents who had initially opposed the investigation have changed their minds and now back it. Most of these—61 percent—were either Democrats or Democrat-leaning independents, though 32 percent were either Republicans or Republican-leaning independents.

Nine percent is a huge swing in public opinion! And in other news, support for Trump's impeachment is now higher than support was for Richard Nixon's impeachment.

And in other other news, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who I believe came in fourth in the 2016 Republican presidential primary, has called for Trump's impeachment.

https://www.newsweek.com/most-americans-back-donald-trump-impeachment-investigation-young-people-strongest-supporters-1466253
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds Empty Re: Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 am

A bit like the Brexit vote ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds Empty Re: Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds

Post by Eilzel Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:50 am

nicko wrote:A bit like the Brexit vote ?

Public support is now consistently against Brexit - at the exact moment that parliament look likely to squeeze Johnson's crappy deal through and bring about the beginning of the end of the United Kingdom.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:48 am

Remainers, traitors and scum, shouting and swearing a Mogg with his young Son,disgusting !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:46 am

Calm down gunner Graham. Meltdowns like this aren't healthy at your age.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:16 am

nicko wrote:Remainers, traitors and scum, shouting and swearing a Mogg with his young Son,disgusting !

There is plenty of vile monsters on both sides. Labour MP Jess Phillips, Anna Soubry and others have been harassed and bombarded with death threats too. And let's not forget Jo Cox, who was actually murdered during the Brexit campaign in 2016 Evil or Very Mad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:21 am

Jo Cox was murdered by a nutter, fuck all to do with Brexit !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:23 am

Over a million anti Brexit protesters in London yesterday, Lez, not A hint of trouble, and few, if any arrests.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:30 am

+1 Lez.

Last edited by Andy on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:31 am

nicko wrote:Jo Cox was murdered by a nutter, fuck all to do with Brexit !
Believe what you like Rambo.
He was a far right, violent extremist Nationalist.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:56 am

nicko wrote:Remainers, traitors and scum, shouting and swearing a Mogg with his young Son,disgusting !
Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds 3893789544       Majority of Americans now support Trump impeachment investigation, poll finds 3893789544

Were Rees-Mogg and his son wearing matching top hats  ?!?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:12 am

nicko wrote:Jo Cox was murdered by a nutter, fuck all to do with Brexit !

It would be painfully naive to think the talk of being 'anti-British' and 'traitors' that the Leave campaign was steeped in had nothing to do with violence against Remain politicians Rolling Eyes
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 am

Andy wrote:Over a million anti Brexit protesters in London yesterday, Lez, not A hint of trouble, and few, if any arrests.

Quite right. Sadly with these marches they are usually ignored by the government when they are peaceful, and condemned when they do get out of hand.

The only 'democracy' the Tories love is that ONE vote on that ONE day that ONE time Evil or Very Mad
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:11 am

"not a hint of trouble" he says, MP's and little Boys had to have Police protection from remainer scumbags, forgot that [on purpose] didn't you Andy ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:56 am

Didn't realize this post was about Brexit Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:13 pm

nicko wrote:A bit like the Brexit vote ?

Guess who changed the gist of the thread.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:31 pm

Guess who wont admit it happened ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:21 pm

Eilzel wrote:
Andy wrote:Over a million anti Brexit protesters in London yesterday, Lez, not A hint of trouble, and few, if any arrests.

Quite right. Sadly with these marches they are usually ignored by the government when they are peaceful, and condemned when they do get out of hand.

The only 'democracy' the Tories love is that ONE vote on that ONE day that ONE time Evil or Very Mad

Well only "the Tories" can answer that one; I'm not a member of the Conservative Party nor even an unquestioning Conservative voter, so I can answer only for myself, Lez.

I voted "leave" in 2016, based on my own rather extensive knowledge and experience of the governance, record and aspirations of the European Union as being pursued by its unelected executive Commission.

Are you saying that extremely rare and constitutional event, one of the handful of occasions on which ordinary voters were offered and accepted the opportunity of democratically shaping the future course of their own country, was of no consequence?

Your party leader appears to think so because that is now LibDem policy, as is denial of a second chance to vote again on the simple in-out issue, but I had thought you to be a greater democrat than that.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:34 pm

So did I !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:44 pm

Any way this thread could not be about Brexit?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:04 pm

Any way future threads could not be about Trump ?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:15 pm

nicko wrote:Any way future threads could not be about Trump ?

Really? The mad leader of the most powerful nation of the world, but we're going to stop making threads about him?
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:56 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Well only "the Tories" can answer that one; I'm not a member of the Conservative Party nor even an unquestioning Conservative voter, so I can answer only for myself, Lez.

I voted "leave" in 2016, based on my own rather extensive knowledge and experience of the governance, record and aspirations of the European Union as being pursued by its unelected executive Commission.

Are you saying that extremely rare and constitutional event, one of the handful of occasions on which ordinary voters were offered and accepted the opportunity of democratically shaping the future course of their own country, was of no consequence?

Your party leader appears to think so because that is now LibDem policy, as is denial of a second chance to vote again on the simple in-out issue, but I had thought you to be a greater democrat than that.  

I am absolutely do not think the vote was of no consequence. And just to clarify I do not associate myself with any current party and utterly oppose the Lib Dem policy of ignoring the Referendum entirely. If I had to vote tomorrow I'd probably, against my many reservations, would vote Labour purely for a second referendum (I loathe the Labour front bench mostly, but the same is true of the government too).

I support a second vote based on the fact 'Leave' was a vague option and given many interpretations in 2016 - hence I think offering the final decision to the people is fair, more so since parliament isn't able to make its mind up and most of those who even will vote for a deal openly admit it is a bad deal that will make us worse off.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:06 am

Is there any way we can stick to the original topic here?

I often find, interestingly enough, that the questions I ask calmly and reasonably go utterly ignored.

So let me ask with just a bit more energy:

IS THERE ANY WAY WE COULD REFRAIN FROM TURNING A TRUMP THREAD INTO A BREXIT THREAD.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:32 am

Ben Reilly wrote:Is there any way we can stick to the original topic here?

I often find, interestingly enough, that the questions I ask calmly and reasonably go utterly ignored.

IS THERE ANY WAY WE COULD REFRAIN FROM TURNING A TRUMP THREAD INTO A BREXIT THREAD.

Last I read on the impeachment was Pelosi had no immediate plans to vote on it in the House. Regardless of public opinion Trump seems doomed to see out his term and maybe even win another. The mainstream Democrats seem scared of doing anything that might be turned against them.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:01 pm

Eilzel wrote:

Last I read on the impeachment was Pelosi had no immediate plans to vote on it in the House. Regardless of public opinion Trump seems doomed to see out his term and maybe even win another. The mainstream Democrats seem scared of doing anything that might be turned against them.

Pelosi has changed her mind in the face of overwhelming Democratic support for impeachment.  It started with the July 25th telephone call from Trump to Volodymyr Zelensky, president of Ukraine, in which Trump tried a typical mafia shakedown of Zelensky:

White House wrote:...we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

The President:I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.

Trump then went on to demand that Zelensky invent a story to the effect that Biden was corrupt because his son was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.  What this describes is 'OPPO' narrative, whether research or fiction, that Trump could use as campaign fodder in the up-coming election.  It is illegal for a candidate to accept anything of value from a foreign entity, for use in an election campaign.

Thus, Trump broke the law.  Not only did he solicit the contribution, but he conditioned the release of arms, already mandated by Congress to go to the Ukraine, on receiving the contribution.

This, then, triggered an all-out impeachment investigation targeting Trump, and his allies Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, and others.  Each witness that refuses to come forward and testify before Congress pursuant to subpoena, will be deemed to have admitted facts that would have been asked of him or her under the theory that such noncooperation was motivated by awareness of guilt, and thus it will be added to the Bill of Impeachment as a tacit admission of guilt.

A vote of Impeachment is expected by November 28th.  Things are moving forward, Les.  What do you think?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:22 pm

Eilzel wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/trump-impeachment-inquiry-s-secrecy-nancy-pelosi-denying-house-vote-ncna1068871

It would be a shit show of epic proportions. I say bring it on. Let the open minded American people see what dregs populate both parties.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:42 pm

In 2018 the open-minded American people participated in the worst defeat of a party in the Congress ever.

The 2018 election results show that the open-minded American people have had enough of a Republican, criminal-enterprise government. They are screaming for impeachment, and only the snowflake Democrats could stop it now.

In the wake of Trump, I think Republicans have only two options: 1) to migrate across the aisle and embrace impeachment; or 2) face public ruin, as the party attempting to collapse the American nation.

Those are the choices upper-most in the American mind.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 am

Original Quill wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

Pelosi has changed her mind in the face of overwhelming Democratic support for impeachment.  It started with the July 25th telephone call from Trump to Volodymyr Zelensky, president of Ukraine, in which Trump tried a typical mafia shakedown of Zelensky:

White House wrote:...we are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.

The President:I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it.

Trump then went on to demand that Zelensky invent a story to the effect that Biden was corrupt because his son was on the board of a Ukrainian energy company.  What this describes is 'OPPO' narrative, whether research or fiction, that Trump could use as campaign fodder in the up-coming election.  It is illegal for a candidate to accept anything of value from a foreign entity, for use in an election campaign.

Thus, Trump broke the law.  Not only did he solicit the contribution, but he conditioned the release of arms, already mandated by Congress to go to the Ukraine, on receiving the contribution.

This, then, triggered an all-out impeachment investigation targeting Trump, and his allies Vice President Pence, Secretary of State Michael Pompeo, and others.  Each witness that refuses to come forward and testify before Congress pursuant to subpoena, will be deemed to have admitted facts that would have been asked of him or her under the theory that such noncooperation was motivated by awareness of guilt, and thus it will be added to the Bill of Impeachment as a tacit admission of guilt.

A vote of Impeachment is expected by November 28th.  Things are moving forward, Les.  What do you think?

I hope you're right Wink
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:17 pm

Now, on Wednesday, October 23, 2019, there is a new high in favor of Impeachment:

USA Today wrote:Support for Trump impeachment rises as 59% say he pursued personal interests in Ukraine, poll finds

William Cummings,
USA TODAY•October 23, 2019

WASHINGTON – Support for the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump's dealings in Ukraine continue to grow, as does support for his removal from office, a Quinnipiac University poll released Wednesday found.

A 55% majority of registered voters said they approved of the inquiry, while 43% said they disapproved. A week ago, 51% of voters said they approved and 45% disapproved. Quinnipiac has found support for the inquiry to be in the low-50% range since it was announced at the end of September

The poll found that slightly less than half of Americans support impeaching Trump and removing him from office, though support for such a move has been trending up since the inquiry began.

Currently, 48% support Trump's removal. That is two percentage points higher than last week and 11 points higher than on Sept. 25.

But opinions on impeachment continue to divide sharply along party lines. Only 10% of Republican voters approve of the inquiry while 88% disapprove, and just 6% think Trump should be removed. By contrast, 93% of Democrats approve of the inquiry while 7% disapprove, and 86% think Trump should be removed.

Among independents, 58% supported the inquiry and 37% opposed it. And 49% of independents favored removing Trump from office, while 41% opposed it.

A CNN poll released Tuesday found 50% of Americans think Trump should be removed from office, up from September when support for his removal was at 47%.

Trump is accused of withholding military aid to Ukraine to pressure the country into investigating allegations related to former Vice President Joe Biden, a leading candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination, and a theory that Ukraine was involved in 2016 election meddling.

The president has denied there was any "quid pro quo" with Ukraine and that his focus was on combating corruption in that country before handing over aid. But only 33% of voters said they believe Trump was acting in the national interest compared with 59% who believe he was pursuing his personal interests there.

"Republicans remain rock solid in opposing both the impeachment of President Trump and the House impeachment inquiry. But when it comes to the president's motives in Ukraine, Republicans aren't all on the same page. Roughly 7 in 10 Republicans say the president was pursuing the national interest in his dealings with Ukraine. The rest say he was pursuing his own personal interest or they don't know," said Quinnipiac University polling analyst Mary Snow.

Thirty-eight percent of respondents said they approved of the job Trump is doing as president, his lowest mark with Quinnipiac since August. Fifty-eight percent said they disapproved, his highest mark since July 2018.

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., had a higher job approval rating than the president at 45%, while 47% expressed disapproval. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's job approval was at 24% and his disapproval was at 57%,

"President Trump's overall job approval rating inches lower against a backdrop of intensifying scrutiny, the House impeachment inquiry and criticism over his decision to withdraw U.S. troops from northern Syria," Snow said. "A majority of Americans disapprove of his decision to remove U.S. military support from the Kurds, which includes about 3 in 10 Republicans."

Fifty-seven percent of voters said Trump is making the world a less safe place, while 36% said he was making it safer. Fifty-two percent said Trump had weakened the U.S. standing as leader of the free world, while a third said he had strengthened it and 11% said he had not affected it.

The poll was conducted from Oct. 17-21 with a margin of error of plus or minus 3.1%.

This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Trump impeachment inquiry support grows, Quinnipiac poll finds.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/support-trump-impeachment-rises-59-134245492.html

Yesterday was a monumental day in impeachment terms. Career ambassador Bill Taylor (Ukraine) testified that President Trump was indeed withholding shipment of armaments until the Ukrainian president would declare publicly that Ukraine was opening investigation of the now-debunked claim over Biden.

I mention this because Taylor's testimony occurred one day after this poll was completed. So, news of Taylor's testimony should push the impeachment-favoring numbers up another 12 points.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:29 pm

It does appear the lawyers, congressmen, Democrats and even Republicans have reached the end of their tether,and have enough malpractice and corruption evidence to indict, impeach or even arrest the orange crook.
Rather like Brexit, WHY DONT THEY JUST GET ON WITH IT.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:40 pm

They are moving at phenomenal speed. Now the issue is being spoken to by long-term career people...and a great deal is coming out.

The delay is now the rush of people coming forward to speak. Even on the narrow issue of the shakedown of the Ukrainian president over missiles, people are wanting to tell their story. You've got to hear them out, lest you miss something. Fairness--even to Republicans and a criminal president--demand due process. And, of course, there is the likelihood of a bigger scandal yet to be realized.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:45 pm

Trouble is Quill, he will be voted out of office at the end of his catastrophic 4 year reign of error long before anything legal happens to him. He will second, have immunity in Russia with his best pal Putin  and will continue his business screwing poor people from his Moscow Trump tower.
He needs to be cuffed, imprisoned without bail and given an orange jump suit.
Straight away.
Andy
Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Andy wrote:Trouble is Quill, he will be voted out of office at the end of his catastrophic 4 year reign of error long before anything legal happens to him. He will second,  have immunity in Russia with his best pal Putin  and will continue his business screwing poor people from his Moscow Trump tower.
He needs to be cuffed, imprisoned without bail and given an orange jump suit.
Straight away.

The timing is important. But it is next year that the campaign season begins, and the election isn't until November, 2000.

We are getting phenomenal witnesses, one-after-the-other. Every day it seems the case is elevated by orders of magnitude. There is so much corruption--each witness offering more damning testimony than the last--that it is overwhelming. But, we will have a vote in the House by Thanksgiving (Nov. 28th) and we can have until December to vote on Impeachment. Then, at the start of the campaign season, the Senate will have to deal with the trial of the case.

The issue isn't only Donald Trump, as president. The issue is also judgment on the Republican Party. If the Republicans obfuscate and defend the indefensible during the trial, as they have done up to this point, we want the people to see them doing so--and writhing and squirming under the weight of their treasonous conduct. Let's spend the campaigning season with Republicans and conservatives dangling from metaphorical ropes, destroying their own reputations as well as the reputation of the Party.

There's an old saying: "Presidents come and go, but senators will still be here". Perhaps, in the long run, rooting out Republicans from the Senate is even more important a task than a president--who will undoubtedly be flushed with them anyway.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down