NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery

2 posters

Go down

Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery Empty Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:02 pm

Despite her mother proclaiming her innocence, Bangladeshi 14-year-old Hena Akhter was convicted of adultery, and, according to Sharia Law, sentenced to 101 lashes. She dropped after 70, and was taken to a hospital, where she died one week later. Initially, an autopsy report deemed her death a suicide, but a further investigation has uncovered some chilling details. Growing up in a shared hut in rural Shariatpur, Hena was repeatedly harassed by her 42-year-old cousin, Mahbub Khan. One night, according to Hena’s sister, Khan beat and raped her, and when his wife intervened, she dragged the teenage girl back to their hut and trampled her on the floor. The next day, the imam ordered a fatwa, sentencing the couple to an illicit relationship. Khan only ended up receiving a few lashes, unlike Hena. After Hena’s severely beaten body was exhumed and doctors confirmed she died of internal bleeding, authorities launched an investigation, charging the doctors on Monday for Hena’s “false post-mortem report,” and then arresting several people, including Khan, in connection with Hena’s death.

Read it at CNN

Back to top Go down

Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery Empty Re: Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Horrible.  We have the same thing in the US south, only it isn't women but blacks.  Wrongful conviction, severe punishment, ends up dead.  Sandra Bland comes to mind.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Sandra_Bland

Last edited by Original Quill on Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 pm; edited 2 times in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery Empty Re: Muslim Girl, 14, Lashed to Death for Adultery

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:Horrible.  We have the same thing in the US south, only it isn't women but blacks.  Wrongful conviction, severe punishment, ends up dead.  Sandra Bland comes to mind.

Can you actually for once stick to the topic please quill?

Everyone is against all racism on here and detests what has happened to many African Americans in the Southern states of the US, but it has zero relevance to this case here

This had nothing to do with race, but a poor ideological belief

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 pm

Original Quill wrote:Horrible.  We have the same thing in the US south, only it isn't women but blacks.  Wrongful conviction, severe punishment, ends up dead.  Sandra Bland comes to mind.

talk about "whataboutism"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:52 pm

I thought the topic was a girl, falsely accused, ending up dead in the hands of authorities.  Did I not get that right?

Or...did you want to dwell solely on the victim's religion?  You shouldn't discriminate on the basis of religion, didge.  It's all right for you to be an atheist, if that's the case.  But to discriminate among religions is downright sinful.

I understand your government has a national religion.  Perhaps that makes you feel entitled.  We in the US do not have that problem.  The First Amendment to our Constitution forbids establishment of any national religion, nor does it permit prohibition of any religion.  It's a free, and basically untouchable field.

Good lesson to learn.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Victorismyhero wrote:

As you can see Vic, I was going elsewhere with my point.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:00 pm

Original Quill wrote:I thought the topic was a girl, falsely accused, ending up dead in the hands of authorities.  Did I not get that right?

Or...did you want to dwell solely on the victim's religion?  You shouldn't discriminate on the basis of religion, didge.  It's all right for you to be an atheist, if that's the case.  But to discriminate among religions is downright sinful.

I understand your government has a national religion.  Perhaps that makes you feel entitled.  We in the US do not have that problem.  The First Amendment to our Constitution forbids establishment of any national religion, nor does it permit prohibition of any religion.  It's a free, and basically untouchable field.

Good lesson to learn.

Sinful?

That is a religious term and this religion allowed for this girl to be not only abused but murdered based on poor religious beliefs

She was 14, clearly raped and then because of this criminalised and punished

I am not against any religion, I am against a religious concept forcing its beliefs onto others

Do you understand the difference?

This girl died, because a religious belief system failed to protect here and instead punished her, when they should have protected her

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Didge, the only thing I left alone was the victim's religion.

Your response was: "Can you actually for once stick to the topic please quill?"

That means ipso facto the topic was religion...the one thing I left out. Face it, you haunt the web for anything that might be untoward or inconvenient about the Muslim religion. Why do you do that?

The only answer is that you have an anti-Muslim bias. We have Muslim members here; you might be a bit more respectful.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:17 pm

Original Quill wrote:Didge, the only thing I left alone was the victim's religion.

Your response was: "Can you actually for once stick to the topic please quill?"

That means ipso facto the topic was religion...the one thing I left out.  Face it, you haunt the web for anything that might be untoward or inconvenient about the Muslim religion.  Why do you do that?

The only answer is that you have an anti-Muslim bias.  We have Muslim members here; you might be a bit more respectful.

Oh for fuck sake

So countering poor beliefs is not okay to you? When there is southern racism. To you its okay to rightly attack said beliefs, but not when its Islamic?

How is me attacking what happened here attacking other Muslims, when they would be as appalled as I am?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down