NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries

+2
Syl
Tommy Monk
6 posters

Go down

Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries Empty Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:11 pm

The police officer killed while investigating reports of a burglary died from multiple injuries, a port-mortem has revealed.

PC Andrew Harper, 28, died after being dragged along the road by a vehicle in the Berkshire village of Sulhamstead at about 11.30pm on Thursday.

Police say ten boys and men arrested shortly after were found at a council-run caravan and mobile home site nearby.

A court granted permission on Saturday for the suspects - aged between 13 and 30 - to be kept in custody for a further 36 hours while investigations continue.

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/pc-killing-suspects-were-arrested-at-caravan-park-11787408

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries Empty Re: Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries

Post by Syl Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:34 pm

What a tragedy, he has only been married a couple of weeks and as due to go on his honeymoon. Crying or Very sad

Hopefully someone will be charged with his murder.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries Empty Re: Police officer killed while investigating 'burglary' died of multiple injuries

Post by magica Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:34 pm

I feel so sorry for the policeman, just got married, and new wife and family. Why?why? why?
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:30 am

Not many posts on this thread. It's not surprising really as what can anyone say? His poor wife must be in bits - all her dreams of the future shattered by some yobs.

I wish the courts would take that into account. I know that if someone commits a crime they don't really know the personal circumstances of their victim, but it should still be a consideration IMO.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Not many posts on this thread. It's not surprising really as what can anyone say? His poor wife must be in bits - all her dreams of the future shattered by some yobs.

I wish the courts would take that into account. I know that if someone commits a crime they don't really know the personal circumstances of their victim, but it should still be a consideration IMO.

I agree....and sometimes they do, not always for the best either.
A couple of cases where women have been badly treated and abused and because they have good jobs or are of strong character the judge has decided they have not suffered so much and given light sentences to their tormentors.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:24 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I wish the courts would take that into account. I know that if someone commits a crime they don't really know the personal circumstances of their victim, but it should still be a consideration IMO.

The courts do take that into account.  It's called a pre-sentence report.  In most jurisdictions, it is prepared by the probation department.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I wish the courts would take that into account. I know that if someone commits a crime they don't really know the personal circumstances of their victim, but it should still be a consideration IMO.

The courts do take that into account.  It's called a pre-sentence report.  In most jurisdictions, it is prepared by the probation department.

A pre-sentence report deals with any mitigating or extenuating circumstances re the perpetrators.

There could be a victim impact statement given to the court, but would that make much difference?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A pre-sentence report deals with any mitigating or extenuating circumstances re the perpetrators.

There could be a victim impact statement given to the court, but would that make much difference?

Victim impact statements are input to the pre-sentence report. The probation department looks at all sides, including interviewing victims, before recommending a sentence to the judge.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:36 pm

The Judge or Magistrate decides the sentence here depending on the severity of the Crime. Judging by the sentences they give here the Laws an ASS !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down