NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

missing girl special needs

+11
Eilzel
'Wolfie
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
Cass
Ben Reilly
eddie
Tommy Monk
Syl
magica
nicko
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

missing girl special needs - Page 5 Empty missing girl special needs

Post by nicko Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

The girl missing from her hotel in Malaya has been found dead in Jungle. Report said she was naked when found. Why the fuck did they have to say that,it's bad enough she's dead without that , her poor Parents .
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

missing girl special needs - Page 5 Empty Re: missing girl special needs

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:10 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Are they though? I'm not so sure.

Vintage already pointed out the "dark humour" between hospital staff or whoever. It's still horrible and crass, and they should be ashamed.

Don't like the sound of your husband. Were they very young girls?

Its a coping mechanism, of what they have to deal with on a daily bases

Its something they basically only share between themselves and not generally others

Gelico's late husband, through the stories Gelico has shared. Sounds to me, to have been the best parent and husband going in my opinion.
So dont start knocking Gelico's husband, when you know nothing about him, that is simple a cheap shot

She brought him into it, and we're all being honest aren't we? I don't like the sound of him.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:11 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Its something they basically only share between themselves and not generally others

Gelico's late husband, through the stories Gelico has shared. Sounds to me, to have been the best parent and husband going in my opinion.
So dont start knocking Gelico's husband, when you know nothing about him, that is simple a cheap shot

She brought him into it, and we're all being honest aren't we? I don't like the sound of him.

Well you dont seem to like many people, so maybe you are the problem here

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:14 pm

phildidge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Because I don't like sick jokes, or people making stupid jokes re young girls?

Fine. I won't discuss this with you any further - you're as sick as they are.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:15 pm

both ben's and eddie's comments were dark and nasty (the sort of thing you'd hear from frankie boyle)

and i laughed at both of them

I'm sure gelico isn't the sensitive sort. After all, she found the sick comments funny.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

Because I don't like sick jokes, or people making stupid jokes re young girls?

Fine. I won't discuss this with you any further - you're as sick as they are.

Then be critical of the joke and not the person or are you incapable to seperating the two?

maybe you should start a school, of how not to make friends. I am sure your class would have no takers

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:18 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

thanks for the green didge, nice to see you here again.  seems a while since we spoke

@ everyone,,,,,,,,here's the thing though

i showed my daughter the comments and her immediate reaction was ''omg i can hear daddy saying that to Rob'' (one of hubbys friends).  they were terrible together.  rob had 4 girls and when they were young and hubby went over to his house.  when he was leaving he would joke and pretend to go up the stairs undoing his trousers saying ''just gonna say goodnight to your girls, rob''.

i've been surrounded by dark humour for years.

in the care home death, disease, dementia, depression, i can tell you dark jokes were very much commonplace

my brother still works in intensive care and has probably seen countless people die.  again dark jokes fly back and forth especially if one of them qualifies for a darwin award....there can be much hiliarity and someone just died.

of course these comments aren't made to the relatives, but they are still said so when i saw the comments it didn't faze me at all.

HOWEVER, for those who don't have my dysfunctional family life where everyone gets completely roasted, i can understand how others would be shocked/disappointed/disgusted etc.

people have every right to think and feel and say what they like in reaction to the comments

but i will just say again

y'all have known eddie and ben for best part of 10 years or more.  you all know they are fun loving caring people.  are you all prepared to judge so harshly based on a couple of comments that were inappropriate  and crass?

You are welcome Gelico

The issue though Gelico, is when people expect others to hold the same humour as others. I find many things funny and like you say some people grow up with really dark humnour

I am not having a go at Eddie and I even sent her a Pm on this and never had a go

Neither am I now. I am simple saying and explaining how to me and many people some jokes do cross the line

I mean my family rip each other to bits, but here and again I think when jokes are specific to a child that has just died and how people feel towards children. The later being more the point. Is how and why this kind of joke will often nose dive and be seen as insensitive to people

Eddie is not also immune from criticism and i am not judging her as a person. I think the world of ben and Eddie, but people can and rightly be critical of what someone says. I know this more than anyone, because I happen to be one of the most outspoken on here and it often lands me in trouble. So I am not judging Eddie herself, I am critical of the joke itself. As I say when jokes are like this specifically directed. Its of course going to receive a strong backlash. Its not a snowflake reaction, but more a reaction how people feel for the family here with their loss.

yeah,, i totally get what you're saying didge, hence my post acknowledging others' feelings on the matter

as someone else put it to eddie ''just cos you find it funny doesn't mean everyone has to' and that's true and as stated everyone is perfectly entitled to say their piece.

and yeah our family roasts each other mercilessly and anyone else who happens to walk through the door

my youngest years ago had a friend who had really serious issues. the poor little sod had a addict for a mother and his father was in and out of the picture. he lived with his grandparents who let him know every day what a waste his mother was and what a huge favour they were doing him by taking him in etc. you can imagine he had a lot of anger issues, but he was a genuinely nice boy who just needed love.

for some reason he had a deep hatred of jews (has to focus his hate on something i suppose). i decided he was jewish and told him so and so every time he came over he used to get called jewbag, jew boy. i might throw a penny at him and say ''quick kyle, fetch' and every other derogatory jewish slur you could think of. it was larks watching the steam coming out of his ears

he got over his jew hatred remarkably quickly

seriously, it didn't take him long to see how stupid he was being.

he seems to have turned out ok now

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:20 pm

This gets worse and worse.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
phildidge wrote:

and that's fine, after all you didn't know him and are only going on what i say. you are entitled to think what you like

for the record though, my husband would go way out of his way to do anyone a favour not matter who they were or what they wanted. he created happy vibes wherever he went and just wanted the whole world to be happy. everyone who met him loved him, dark humour and all

it's cool

thanks didge x

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:23 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

You are welcome Gelico

The issue though Gelico, is when people expect others to hold the same humour as others. I find many things funny and like you say some people grow up with really dark humnour

I am not having a go at Eddie and I even sent her a Pm on this and never had a go

Neither am I now. I am simple saying and explaining how to me and many people some jokes do cross the line

I mean my family rip each other to bits, but here and again I think when jokes are specific to a child that has just died and how people feel towards children. The later being more the point. Is how and why this kind of joke will often nose dive and be seen as insensitive to people

Eddie is not also immune from criticism and i am not judging her as a person. I think the world of ben and Eddie, but people can and rightly be critical of what someone says. I know this more than anyone, because I happen to be one of the most outspoken on here and it often lands me in trouble. So I am not judging Eddie herself, I am critical of the joke itself. As I say when jokes are like this specifically directed. Its of course going to receive a strong backlash. Its not a snowflake reaction, but more a reaction how people feel for the family here with their loss.

yeah,, i totally get what you're saying didge, hence my post acknowledging others' feelings on the matter

as someone else put it to eddie ''just cos you find it funny doesn't mean everyone has to' and that's true and as stated everyone is perfectly entitled to say their piece.

and yeah our family roasts each other mercilessly and anyone else who happens to walk through the door

my youngest years ago had a friend who had really serious issues.  the poor little sod had a addict for a mother and his father was in and out of the picture.  he lived with his grandparents who let him know every day what a waste his mother was and what a huge favour they were doing him by taking him in etc.  you can imagine he had a lot of anger issues, but he was a genuinely nice boy who just needed love.

for some reason he had a deep hatred of jews (has to focus his hate on something i suppose).  i decided he was jewish and told him so and so every time he came over he used to get called jewbag, jew boy.  i might throw a penny at him and say ''quick kyle, fetch' and every other derogatory jewish slur you could think of.  it was larks watching the steam coming out of his ears

Always really sad to hear when kids grow up in such a horrible environment

Fair play to you for helping teach him how hate was wrong towards jews. Very unorthdox method but effective

Sounds like you were the only real foster parent he ever really knew

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Calling someone a "jewbag", using derogatory terms about Jews, throwing money at someone? That's not a good way to teach anyone anything IMO.

This thread is real eye opener.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
both ben's and eddie's comments were dark and nasty (the sort of thing you'd hear from frankie boyle)

and i laughed at both of them

I'm sure gelico isn't the sensitive sort. After all, she found the sick comments funny.

So she posted about her daughter and so moving. How this will effect them all
She has posted many moving posts about her family and often is very thoughtfull of others when they are going through hell
She has mountains more sensitivity than you will ever hop to learn or achieve in a lifetime. 
Or How about this? Does this seem insensitive to you?

gelico wrote:

missing girl special needs - Page 5 Gramps10

beanie with her Grandad taken the other day

she wrote this for him

He’s Home! 🙌🏽
After the scariest 2 months and already saying our goodbyes, this miracle man pulled through and is finally home. I didn’t think i would be able to take another picture with him smiling again, but thanks to the amazing ICU staff, therapists, doctors/nurses and our amazing family... and of course he’s sheer determination and strength here he is! 💙 Grandad

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:38 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

my youngest years ago had a friend who had really serious issues.  the poor little sod had a addict for a mother and his father was in and out of the picture.  he lived with his grandparents who let him know every day what a waste his mother was and what a huge favour they were doing him by taking him in etc.  you can imagine he had a lot of anger issues, but he was a genuinely nice boy who just needed love.

for some reason he had a deep hatred of jews (has to focus his hate on something i suppose).  i decided he was jewish and told him so and so every time he came over he used to get called jewbag, jew boy.  i might throw a penny at him and say ''quick kyle, fetch' and every other derogatory jewish slur you could think of.  it was larks watching the steam coming out of his ears

Fair play to you for helping teach him how hate was wrong towards jews. Very unorthdox method but effective

it was really sad, didge. he spent most of his time at my house and would always get fed and looked after and i showed an interest in his school work and listened when he spoke (sometimes that's all it takes) but he got megga roastings and not just from me but from my two sons,,,,,some would call it bullying but they challenged his hatred,,,,,,,even today if he shows up it's ''hello jew boy'' but nowadays he just laughs.

i had kyle llive with me for about 3 months when he was 16, he got booted out cos he was taking drugs and the council didn't get him a place straightaway. i told him straight that wasn't on the table and he straightened himself out for a while. his grandad was still getting child support for him and his only concern was that if kyle wasn;t at home he would lose his benefits. FFS!. he said he would give me money for kyle's support (he never did) and on the odd occassion he bothered to ring up and check on him it was only ever ''is he coming back or what? cos otherwise i won't get his money if they know he's at yours,,,, is he behaving?''. never, ''is he ok''. it was very sad. kyle knew we all loved him even if we did show it in a rather strange way

but then after he left me, he went downhill and got on heroin and my son had to cut off all contact with him which was really hard for him cos kyle was his best mate and he cut him out of his life.

kyle turned up drunk and high one time and started giving it large. i marched him and his girlfriend down the road and blasted him sky high giving him some brutal honesty and ended up by him ''sort yourself out or stay away from me'' and i think he looked on me as a second mum so it hurt us both

anyhoos, he stayed away and sorted himself out and got rehab. he and his girlfriend now have a flat and he has regular work and they are off the drugs.

he still keeps in touch via text and FB and comes to see me

he's a good lad

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:42 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Calling someone a "jewbag", using derogatory terms about Jews, throwing money at someone? That's not a good way to teach anyone anything IMO.

This thread is real eye opener.

the point was it was a case of

ok kyle, being as how you hate jews so much, i'm now going to insist that you're jewish, just to piss you off,,,and as i'm big and you're little there's nothing you can do about it

not only are you jewish but i'm going to insult you for being jewish

it pissed him off that was the whole point of teaching him,,,,,,,,it's not good to hate people and call them names because of being jewish, or anything else for that matter.

trust me he cottoned on to it pretty quickly and realised how stupid his hatred of jews was and that he didnt really hate jews at all and that he had no reason to hate jews or anyone except the fact that he was angry in general and needed some kind of outlet

it worked

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:45 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

it was really sad, didge.  he spent most of his time at my house and would always get fed and looked after and i showed an interest in his school work and listened when he spoke (sometimes that's all it takes) but he got megga  roastings and not just from me but from my two sons,,,,,some would call it bullying but they challenged his hatred,,,,,,,even today if he shows up it's ''hello jew boy'' but nowadays he just laughs.

i had kyle llive with me for about 3 months when he was 16, he got booted out cos he was taking drugs and the council didn't get him a place straightaway.  i told him straight that wasn't on the table and he straightened himself out for a while.  his grandad was still getting child support for him and his only concern was that if kyle wasn;t at home he would lose his benefits.  FFS!.  he said he would give me money for kyle's support (he never did) and on the odd occassion he bothered to ring up and check on him it was only ever ''is he coming back or what? cos otherwise i won't get his money if they know he's at yours,,,, is he behaving?''.  never, ''is he ok''.  it was very sad.  kyle knew we all loved him even if we did show it in a rather strange way

but then after he left me, he went downhill and got on heroin and my son had to cut off all contact with him which was really hard for him cos kyle was his best mate and he cut him out of his life.

kyle turned up drunk and high one time and started giving it large.  i marched him and his girlfriend down the road and blasted him sky high giving him some brutal honesty and ended up by him ''sort yourself out or stay away from me'' and i think he looked on me as a second mum so it hurt us both

anyhoos, he stayed away and sorted himself out and got rehab.  he and his girlfriend now have a flat and he has regular work and they are off the drugs.

he's a good lad

Its heartbreaking to see kids grow up and turn to such hard drugs to cope with clearly what was severe depression here I guess.
I am not surprised he turned this way, after his mother was an addict. So many kids with broken homes like this. Will be highly more likely to turn to crime or drugs. Its appalling how the state does not do more to help them and clearly the grandparents fueled the problems.

Fair play to you Gelico. You taught him to stop being so antisemitic and clearly your harsh words must have hit home. For him to then recognise he had problems and sought help. Glad he has turned his life around and I you certainly played a part in helping to change that.
You really have a heart of gold Gelico

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:52 pm

Now that Didge has entered the thread and started condoning antisemitic remarks, it will go downhill even further.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:53 pm

phildidge wrote:
gelico wrote:

it was really sad, didge.  he spent most of his time at my house and would always get fed and looked after and i showed an interest in his school work and listened when he spoke (sometimes that's all it takes) but he got megga  roastings and not just from me but from my two sons,,,,,some would call it bullying but they challenged his hatred,,,,,,,even today if he shows up it's ''hello jew boy'' but nowadays he just laughs.

i had kyle llive with me for about 3 months when he was 16, he got booted out cos he was taking drugs and the council didn't get him a place straightaway.  i told him straight that wasn't on the table and he straightened himself out for a while.  his grandad was still getting child support for him and his only concern was that if kyle wasn;t at home he would lose his benefits.  FFS!.  he said he would give me money for kyle's support (he never did) and on the odd occassion he bothered to ring up and check on him it was only ever ''is he coming back or what? cos otherwise i won't get his money if they know he's at yours,,,, is he behaving?''.  never, ''is he ok''.  it was very sad.  kyle knew we all loved him even if we did show it in a rather strange way

kyle turned up drunk and high one time and started giving it large.  i marched him and his girlfriend down the road and blasted him sky high giving him some brutal honesty and ended up by him ''sort yourself out or stay away from me'' and i think he looked on me as a second mum so it hurt us both

anyhoos, he stayed away and sorted himself out and got rehab.  he and his girlfriend now have a flat and he has regular work and they are off the drugs.

he's a good lad

Its heartbreaking to see kids grow up and turn to such hard drugs to cope with clearly what was severe depression here I guess.
I am not surprised he turned this way, after his mother was an addict. So many kids with broken homes like this. Will be highly more likely to turn to crime or drugs. Its appalling how the state does not do more to help them and clearly the grandparents fueled the problems.

Fair play to you Gelico. You taught him to stop being so antisemitic and clearly your harsh words must have hit home. For him to then recognise he had problems and sought help. Glad he has turned his life around and I you certainly played a part in helping to change that.

x

thanks didge

i see raggs is most unimpressed with my methods, despite them working

lol!

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:54 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Now that Didge has entered the thread and started condoning  antisemitic remarks, it will go downhill even further.

so,,,,,that broom that you've got shoved up your arse,,,,

has it been there long?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:56 pm

gelico wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Now that Didge has entered the thread and started condoning  antisemitic remarks, it will go downhill even further.

has it been there long?

Has your "heart of gold" been getting more and more selective? After all, you have no problem abusing people about their parents, laughing at sick comments about a dead girl, and bullying a young boy.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:58 pm

gelico wrote:

has it been there long?

lol!

So Rags expects me to get annoyed at gelico curing antisemitism in a very angry young lad, by using unorthordox effective methods?

scratch

Gelico quickly cured and showed how it feels to be that Jewish person that is on the end of such hateful slurs. As seen it was so effective it made the boy come quickly to understand how he did not like it. Its teaching the child how wrong it is and learning they do not like it themselves. I applaud gelico's unorthodox method and the realty is it got very quick results

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm

I don't expect anything here any more. As there are now at two least people I've lost respect for, and this thread has made me feel a bit sick, perhaps it's time to move on and say goodbye - at least for now.

Last edited by Raggamuffin on Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:03 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

x

thanks didge

i see raggs is most unimpressed with my methods, despite them working

lol!

She is doing her usual and spoiling for a fight. She clearly is not used to your comebacks lol

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
gelico wrote:

has it been there long?

Has your "heart of gold" been getting more and more selective?  After all, you have no problem abusing people about their parents, laughing at sick comments about a dead girl, and bullying a young boy.

alas, i am the spawn of Satan, it seems. bowed down with shame and all that

oh, if only i were as 'nice' as you

so virtuous

such a shining example to us all

praise be

you're just such a ray of sunshine

have a flower

flower

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I don't expect anything here any more. As there are now at two least people I've lost respect for, and this thread has made me feel a bit sick, perhaps it's time to move on and say goodbye - at least for now.

that's sad

even your cat looks sad

Sad

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:45 pm

That made my jaw drop, seriously. Are you a robot or something?

You've said you've lost a lot of respect for me and my wife, well, the stupidity of that comment made me lose a lot of respect for you.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:51 pm

Listen people. No one needs to lose respect for anyone. We are all different. We don’t always agree. What’s the big deal here?

Jesus. One joke and all this shitstorm. Seriously.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:41 am

eddie wrote:Listen people. No one needs to lose respect for anyone. We are all different. We don’t always agree. What’s the big deal here?

Jesus. One joke and all this shitstorm. Seriously.

The big deal is this Eddie

I am not judging you, but judging your insenstivity to the plight of this girl and thinking someone how people called Nora should commit suicide

Either you were drunk at the time or you are simple not understanding some people are never going to like suchjokes in poor taste. More so because they do really cross a line

It does not mean I am judging you as a person but judging what you said

I am never going to fall out with you or anyone over what they say

I think what people are talking issue here with is you not recognising the fact that people do see this in poor tatste and you are simple brushing this off

I know you meant no offense, but you did stick your heels in and basically mocked people for being critical of you saying this dark joke here

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:55 am

I’m not brushing anyone off? I don’t agree with them so I’m brushing them off? I simply asked questions.
I’ve already said many times, that I have no problem with people not liking what I said. What more is there to say? I have no problem, not one, with people not liking what I say.

Ps I have a right to mock anyone I like, just as they can mock me. Do you see me making a big scene over it? I take people’s comments and move on. I think that people want to see me apologise but I actually can’t. Because it was a joke that I’ve told many people since and no one has reacted this way. I found it funny. I’m not sorry I said it. Actually it’s made me feel glad I did - look at the discussion it’s created! We have all aired some views. What’s wrong with disagreeing?

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:59 am

eddie wrote:I’m not brushing anyone off? I don’t agree with them so I’m brushing them off? I simply asked questions.
I’ve already said many times, that I have no problem with people not liking what I said. What more is there to say? I have no problem, not one, with people not liking what I say.

You did claim people were being dishonest and many more views, simple because they disagreed. I kept out of this and hope this could be recolved by everyone and instead it turned into a shit fest. Again it shows people are never willing to give ground, which is a shame and yes i am also guilty of this at times

Anyway, you are right this is done and no more needed to be said

Night

x

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:01 am

Well, I only claim people were being dishonest when they keep changing their minds about what they’re offended by.

But you’re right. It’s had its day.

For now.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:09 am

See, if one makes a comment or joke that someone doesn’t like there’s no point in saying “I’m sorry”. It’s been said. The person saying sorry doesn’t mean it, they’re merely saying sorry to pacify those that are hurt.

Do I care that people were offended? Honestly...no. I see offence as a personal thing and I daresay I’ll always offend someone, somewhere. Like the people here, who were offended, will no doubt offend someone, somewhere.

Do we censor our words so as not to offend people?  Then what is left? Saying nothing? Tempering what we say so as not to offend anyone? (Is that even possible?)

I am not, repeat, not offended, upset or worried that some people didn’t like my joke. It’s not for everyone. So what is it, exactly, that people want from me? A fake apology? Do they want me to say “Oooh, sorry! I didn’t realise that some people would be offended!”? Do they want me to see things ‘their way’ as in..”it’s too soon for the joke”....”the parents may not like it”...”a girl has died!”

Which is it? It’s a different reason for everyone.

And I’d be lying if I said sorry.

Of course I took into account that people might be offended and then I was curious about what they were offended by, so I asked questions. Then I said people were namby-pambys and morally superior. I got lambasted for saying that yet it was okay for people to say things about me. Hmmmm.

I don’t care guys. Not because I have no emotions, not because I think I’m right...no. It’s because we all laugh at different things and sometimes, people think they should be offended but they don’t really know why.
But I’m not like that. Accept it.

Ever laughed when a close friend said something a little risqué? Then clamped your hand over your mouth like you “really shouldn’t”?  

Well you still laughed.

I am really tired of trying to explain myself and really there’s a part of me that tells me I’m wasting my time. So it's my last post.

If you ain’t getting it, you ain’t getting it. I don’t  care that you didn't like my joke.  But I do know that if I hadn’t said it, I’d have thought it.

I guess some things are best left unsaid....right?

Because that works, right?

Anyway, it’s probably best I don’t repeat myself anymore, people who do that are bores at worst and wasting their time at best.

Namaste. I love you
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:43 am

You could of simple taken a quote by Christopher Hitchins to better make your point:

"If someone tells me that I've hurt their feelings, I say, 'I'm still waiting to hear what your point is'. In this country I've been told, 'That's offensive', as if those two words constitute an argument or a comment; not to me they don't."

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:51 pm

This whole story has gone strangely quiet now too...

No further news about family wishes for further investigation and no news of body being returned home for a 2nd uk expert autopsy...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:02 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

This whole story has gone strangely quiet now too...

No further news about family wishes for further investigation and no news of body being returned home for a 2nd uk expert autopsy...?

It all sounds really odd. I’m wondering about her parents and what type of work they do...and who they are?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by HaraldR Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:09 pm

Very sad that we lost Raggs over this thread. She’s not been back since Evil or Very Mad
HaraldR
HaraldR
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:38 pm

HaraldR wrote:Very sad that we lost Raggs over this thread. She’s not been back since Evil or Very Mad

Yes it is.
Do you have anything to say about the actual topic though??
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie and Tommy Monk like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:13 pm

HaraldR wrote:Very sad that we lost Raggs over this thread. She’s not been back since Evil or Very Mad

She’d not been happy with certain posters and I guess my joke/comment was the final straw. I miss her and wish she’d come back.

What is your point though, Harold?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5