NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down

3 posters

Go down

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down Empty The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:47 pm

A university student has won a national award for designing a chair that stops men from manspreading.

Laila Laurel, 23, created the piece of furniture to stop men from widening their legs and encroaching on other people's personal space.

Two bits of wood are cleverly positioned on the seat to physically stop whoever is sitting down from moving their legs apart.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7253545/Female-college-student-designs-chair-blocks-manspreading.html

This coming from a person that has no idea what its like to have a pair of bollocks between their legs and how uncomfortable that is for men

Rolling Eyes

How long will it take for the body positivity brigade to be up in arms over this lol

Back to top Go down

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down Empty Re: The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down

Post by gelico Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:52 pm

phildidge wrote:
How long will it take for the body positivity brigade to be up in arms over this lol

i know nothing about such things Cool

but is there in fact any kind of medical detrimental effect on a chap's gonaddery being forced to sit like that for any length of time?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down Empty Re: The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:52 pm

Also it would be ineffective with me. As I often lift my left leg and angle to the left. With my left foot resting on my right knee. Which is still spreading my legs... Razz

Did she invent one for women occupying the seat next to them with their handbags?

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down Hqdefault

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:54 pm

gelico wrote:
phildidge wrote:

i know nothing about such things  Cool

but is there in fact any kind of medical detrimental effect on a chap's gonaddery being forced to sit like that for any length of time?

No idea gelico, but it is simple uncomfortable for men lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:20 pm

Ahhh...the bollocks discrimination.

This is a learning moment: when you start out unequally, there must be some accommodation.  It's called proportional equality (as distinct from distributive equality).  I like to use the analogy of a horse race: if you give the white horse a starting lead, you are going to relatively disadvantage the black horse.  Proportional equality recognizes that and compensates.

Not all people start out equally, hence they must be allowed adjustment for their inequality.  What the OP says in the example is, males start out with a disadvantage of bollocks, giving women a disproportionate advantage (hence, proportional equality).  Men must be allowed to 'manspread' in order to accommodate for their disadvantage.

Now that we recognize that accommodation is necessary, we can better understand affirmative action.  And, we can better understand how history plays into the equation.  To have once been a slave, and then be cast out with no assistance, and then be expected to have a fair position in the race in today’s society is…well, it’s as unfair as not allowing the man room for his balls.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:Ahhh...the bollocks discrimination.

This is a learning moment: when you start out unequally, there must be some accommodation.  It's called proportional equality (as distinct from distributive equality).  I like to use the analogy of a horse race: if you give the white horse a starting lead, you are going to relatively disadvantage the black horse.  Proportional equality recognizes that and compensates.

Not all people start out equally, hence they must be allowed adjustment for their inequality.  What the OP says in the example is, males start out with a disadvantage of bollocks, giving women a disproportionate advantage (hence, proportional equality).  Men must be allowed to 'manspread' in order to accommodate for their disadvantage.

Now that we recognize that accommodation is necessary, we can better understand affirmative action.  And, we can better understand how history plays into the equation.  To have once been a slave, and then be cast out with no assistance, and then be expected to have a fair position in the race in today’s society is…well, it’s as unfair as not allowing the man room for his balls.

Have a green

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:03 pm

Thank you. Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:42 pm

phildidge wrote:Also it would be ineffective with me. As I often lift my left leg and angle to the left. With my left foot resting on my right knee. Which is still spreading my legs... Razz

Did she invent one for women occupying the seat next to them with their handbags?

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down Hqdefault

Rolling Eyes

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down 1763903427

I tend to lift my right leg, (being 'left leg dominant'..).

Just have to make sure that blokes like you weren't sitting to my right, Dodge..

P.S.  I wonder if Ms Laurel is equally offended by women who sit with their knees apart,  or if she's only scared of the males of the species  ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:52 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
phildidge wrote:Also it would be ineffective with me. As I often lift my left leg and angle to the left. With my left foot resting on my right knee. Which is still spreading my legs... Razz

Rolling Eyes

The END of manspreading? University student fed up with 'men infringing on her public space' wins national design award for creating chair that restricts how they sit down 1763903427

I tend to lift my right leg, (being 'left leg dominant'..).

Just have to make sure that blokes like you weren't sitting to my right, Dodge..

P.S.  I wonder if Ms Laurel is equally offended by women who sit with their knees apart,  or if she's only scared of the males of the species  ?

lol!

Catch you later wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down