NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup

3 posters

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup Empty Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:05 pm

That is a joke, he wasn't even the best player in his own team. Javier Mascherano and Pablo Zabaleta both put in stronger performances than he did.

Schweinsteiger deserved the award because he was effective and influential in every game he played in no more so than in the final itself. Lamn was also outstanding.

There were also some great performances from many other players too many to mention.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/lionel-messi-golden-ball-award-world-cup

Irn Bru
Irn Bru
The Tartan terror. Keeper of the royal sporran. Chief Haggis Hunter

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup Empty Re: Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Doesn't matter - it's the name that counts.

Watch football on TV and listen to the commentators - every time a big name gets the ball the decibels increase... and NOW IT'S ROONEY... and he's lost possession again...

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup Empty Re: Lionel Messi wins Golden Ball award for best player of World Cup

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:22 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:Doesn't matter - it's the name that counts.

Watch football on TV and listen to the commentators - every time a big name gets the ball the decibels increase... and NOW IT'S ROONEY... and he's lost possession again...

True Laughing

Never happens with Hearts player though.

Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:22 pm

Well I also thought that he was a particularly sore loser and sulked like a baby who's dummy fell in his porridge when he collected the trophy.

He didn't even acknowledge or touch the outstretched hands of his own fans!!

He's a tosser.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:24 pm

eddie wrote:Well I also thought that he was a particularly sore loser and sulked like a baby who's dummy fell in his porridge when he collected the trophy.

He's a tosser.

porridge!!!

I'm reporting that as a racist remark against the Scottish nation lol
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:Well I also thought that he was a particularly sore loser and sulked like a baby who's dummy fell in his porridge when he collected the trophy.

He's a tosser.

porridge!!!

Hey I love a bit of porridge! And I love a Scotsman!

In fact a Scotsman covered in porridge.......  Razz 
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Irn Bru Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Irn Bru wrote:

He's a tosser.

porridge!!!

I am that man and I like my oats  Cool
Irn Bru
Irn Bru

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:45 pm

Irn Bru wrote:
eddie wrote:

I am that man  Cool 

lol! 
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:52 pm

Irn Bru wrote:That is a joke, he wasn't even the best player in his own team. Javier Mascherano and Pablo Zabaleta both put in stronger performances than he did.

Schweinsteiger deserved the award because he was effective and influential in every game he played in no more so than in the final itself. Lamn was also outstanding.

There were also some great performances from many other players too many to mention.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/13/lionel-messi-golden-ball-award-world-cup

Felt quite sorry for him. I got the impression from an interview he gave beforehand that he didn't want the award, and it must have been quite hard to collect it under the circumstances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:56 am

He got it because he was the last "Big" name left in the final

pfft

I agree with Eddie - its your fans that help pay your vastly overinflated salary ya big baby.....
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down