NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act

2 posters

Go down

Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act Empty Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:56 pm

Stand-up comedian Ian Cognito died onstage during a performance in Bicester last night. Thinking it was part of his act, audience members at the Lone Wolf Comedy Club continued to laugh after Cognito, had fallen ill, according to the BBC.

John Ostojak, who attended the gig, told the BBC, “Only 10 minutes before he sat down he joked about having a stroke. He said, ‘imagine having a stroke and waking up speaking Welsh’.”

Ostojak explained: “We thought it was part of the act. We came out feeling really sick, we just sat there for five minutes watching him, laughing at him.”

According to the BBC, the 60-year-old comic sat down on a stool while breathing heavily, before falling silent for five minutes during the show. Eventually an ambulance was called, but Cognito was pronounced dead at the scene.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/comedians/comedian-ian-cognito-dies-onstage-audience-think-part-act/

Talk about taking the stance of deadpan to a new level

Sorry, could not resists

May he rest in peace

Back to top Go down

Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act Empty Re: Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act

Post by eddie Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:30 am

Reminds me of when Tommy Cooper died on stage.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act Empty Re: Comedian Ian Cognito dies onstage – and the audience think it’s part of his act

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:36 am

eddie wrote:Reminds me of when Tommy Cooper died on stage.
I was going to say the same thing.
I dont know who Ian Cognito is, but it's sad he died so publicly.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:50 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Reminds me of when Tommy Cooper died on stage.

Yeah I wonder if he’d have minded? Death seems somehow private somehow, if you know what I mean.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:55 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Yeah I wonder if he’d have minded? Death seems somehow private somehow, if you know what I mean.
I know what you mean, imagine being gawped at by a crowd of strange people as you take your last breaths.

I do remember though after Tommy Cooper died a spectacular death on stage at the London Paladium in front of not only that audience but millions who watched it live on TV, people close to him said that's exactly how he would have wanted to go.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:58 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

I know what you mean, imagine being gawped at by a crowd of strange people as you take your last breaths.

I do remember though after Tommy Cooper died a spectacular death on stage at the London Paladium in front of not only that audience but millions who watched it live on TV, people close to him said that's exactly how he would have wanted to go.

I guess it all depends upon the person. I’m sure I wouldn’t like it.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down