NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58

4 posters

Go down

Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58 Empty Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:52 pm

I was really sad to learn this tonight, as Sean Locke wasn't someone I knew about in America and only came across once I'd moved to England. He really was hilarious in his own unique, understated way. He was one of those people who became loveable through how funny he was, if that makes sense.

Anyway, here's an interesting article in which Ricky Gervais gives Locke a tribute and talks about the advice Locke gave him early in his career: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/comedy/news/sean-lock-death-ricky-gervais-b1904551.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58 Empty Re: Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58

Post by eddie Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:57 pm

He was a funny guy. I’m really shocked.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58 Empty Re: Sean Locke, brilliant comedian from the UK, dies of cancer age 58

Post by gelico Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:59 pm

Oh Wow, that is a shock. I didn;t know he was even ill

he could be really funny on cats does countdown

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:07 pm

Gels, you should watch his first stand-up show. It’s really funny.
He had a unique way of seeing things.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:18 pm

eddie wrote:Gels, you should watch his first stand-up show. It’s really funny.
He had a unique way of seeing things.

i'll give it a go sometime eddie, but to be honest i'm not a big fan of ONE comedian doing stand up. i get restless no matter how good they might be. perhaps the only one i've listened to full on is Ricky Gervais

i much prefer the shows like cats does countdown, would i lie to you, QI etc where you have a whole bunch of different comedians just bantering off one another.

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:24 pm

Ricky Gervais is just magnificent.

Gels, you need to check out Russell Brand. I think he’ll speak to you.
Trust me.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:29 pm

eddie wrote:Ricky Gervais is just magnificent.

Gels, you need to check out Russell Brand. I think he’ll speak to you.
Trust me.

you know on the very odd occasion i have listened to him i have agreed with what he was saying at the time but edds seriously, i can't stand the sound of his voice which is a shame but it's like nails down a chalkboard to me and makes me want to chop my own ears off if i'm honest.

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:30 pm

Watch him live. There are two shows of him live....not telling jokes...it’s so up your street.

His messages.....just watch them. You won’t be disappointed.
He may even sound like you. Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:39 am

Sean Lock... Top comedian!

Way too young to go.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Ben Reilly and eddie like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:36 pm

I agree Tommy. A real shame.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:35 pm

One of my favorite Sean Lock moments was when he said, completely deadpan, that one of his favorite things to do was to sit on the edge of the bed, wearing one sock and holding the other. I don't know why, but that really tickled me.

I think for me it was something I can sort of relate to -- I sometimes find myself in the middle of something totally routine and finding that I've forced myself to stop. Like, "I'm not just going along with it this time."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:08 pm

eddie wrote:Watch him live. There are two shows of him live....not telling jokes...it’s so up your street.

what are they called, edds?

there's now loads of stuff of him on youtube

i watched the beginning of an ''awakening'' compilation.

it was only one and it was only brief and i was tired but i have to say my memory of him is probs 90s katy perry time and he always struck me as a kind of type who was 'trying to portray' himself as one of the common people and overdoing his accent and sounding childish which i didn't find endearing at all. i did find a different person though.

but what are the comedy ones you were talking about?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by gelico Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:08 pm

gelico wrote:
eddie wrote:Watch him live. There are two shows of him live....not telling jokes...it’s so up your street.

what are they called, edds?

there's now loads of stuff of him on youtube

i watched the beginning of an ''awakening'' compilation.

it was only one and it was only brief and i was tired but i have to say my memory of him is probs 90s katy perry time and he always struck me as a kind of type who was 'trying to portray' himself as one of the common people and overdoing his accent and sounding childish which i didn't find endearing at all.  i did find a different person though.

but what are the ones you were talking about?

gelico
Forum Detective

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 pm

One is called “Messiah Complex” and the other is called “Rebirth”

They’re available on amazon prime or DVD perhaps?

Totally awesome. He’s an extremely intelligent, funny and hits the nail on the head. Also really takes the absolute piss out of himself.

His messages are right up your ally, Gels.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:48 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wdMrtRvizk

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:36 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

eddie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:55 pm

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:18 pm

He was a funny guy. Thanks for the videos Tommy.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down