NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem

+7
nicko
Original Quill
Syl
Tommy Monk
HoratioTarr
Ben Reilly
eddie
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Empty Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem

Post by eddie Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:14 am

First topic message reminder :

An expectant mum has picked out the perfect name for her son, including a middle name that means a lot to her, but there's just one problem with it.

The name she wants to use is special because it belonged to her ex-boyfriend who passed away, and it's fair to say her current boyfriend isn't feeling all that good about it.

In a post on Reddit, the dad-to-be, asked the good people of the internet whether he was an "a**hole* for not wanting to name his son after his girlfriend's ex.

He wrote: "My girlfriend and I are expecting our first born son.

"The other night when discussing names, she said she would like his middle name to be that of her ex, who died. Saying further that it would mean a lot to his family who she is still close with."

The unnamed man said the name would make him "really uncomfortable" and he didn't want to do it, but his partner didn't see a problem with it.

He continued: "I don't want to tell people, especially my son, that he is partly named after another man who his mum loved before me.

"She said, 'Why can't you say he is named after my friend who died? We weren't even together when he died'."

To make matters more complicated, the ex died of a drug overdose, and the dad doesn't want to have to tell his child that fact either.

He finished his post by saying he felt it was "pretty s*****" of his girlfriend to ask him to do this in the first place.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/man-shocked-girlfriends-baby-name-14037941

What do you all think? Bit of a tough one.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Empty Re: Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem

Post by Syl Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Prenatal paternity testing is a sensitive subject because of the ethical and moral issues involved, including the risks of an invasive test (see below). Many doctors are unwilling to carry out a prenatal paternity test, especially if confirming the baby's father's identity is the only reason for the test.

That is a legal question, not a clinical matter.

I will say, if doctors were unwilling to prove paternity it would result in a lot of offspring without child support.

Why do you only post half a post....the second paragraph in my previous post explains further.

"So that the unborn baby's DNA can be analysed, the pregnant woman will also need to provide a sample of:
fluid from the womb (amniotic fluid) containing cells from the baby, or
tissue from the placenta
A sample of fluid from the womb is collected by inserting a needle through the abdomen. This procedure is called amniocentesis.
A sample of tissue from the placenta is collected by passing a needle through the wall of the abdomen, or passing a small tube through the vagina and the neck of the womb (cervix). This procedure is called chorionic villus sampling (CVS).

Amniocentesis and CVS have a small risk of miscarriage."

Tests to establish DNA can be performed 100% safely as soon as the baby is born.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Empty Re: Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:58 pm

All that is superfluous now, with blood tests. Hence I ignored it.

The point is that DNA is quite easily determined now, prenatally or post. But you had said that doctors were reluctant to get involved in paternity testing. My response was, if the medical profession doesn't want to be involved, no one can determine paternity.

Of course, anyone can be hit with a court order.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:46 pm

Original Quill wrote:All that is superfluous now, with blood tests.  Hence I ignored it.

The point is that DNA is quite easily determined now, prenatally or post.  But you had said that doctors were reluctant to get involved in paternity testing.  My response was, if the medical profession doesn't want to be involved, no one can determine paternity.

Prenatal DNA blood testing can risk the babies health/life....post natal DNA testing cannot, that's all there is to it really.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:51 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:All that is superfluous now, with blood tests.  Hence I ignored it.

The point is that DNA is quite easily determined now, prenatally or post.  But you had said that doctors were reluctant to get involved in paternity testing.  My response was, if the medical profession doesn't want to be involved, no one can determine paternity.

Prenatal DNA blood testing can risk the babies health/life....post natal DNA testing cannot, that's all there is to it really.

Do both. Nothing dangerous about blood tests. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Do both.  Nothing dangerous about blood tests. Rolling Eyes

I have posted several NHS links showing that there is a risk performing the test whilst the baby is in the womb. (Amniocentesis)
You have posted a private clinic offerering the DNA test touting for business. Rolling Eyes

"Easy Payment Plan

Down-payment of $999 plus 3 additional monthly installments
Results are released to you once testing is completed and before the balance is paid in full."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-13-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-14-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-15-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-16-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-17-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-18-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-21-Version-2.jpg

Man shocked by girlfriend's baby name choice - but she doesn't see a problem - Page 3 Aid53273-v4-728px-Draw-Blood-Step-24-Version-2.jpg

Nothing to it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:38 pm

Nothing shows for me...maybe the fee hasn't been paid. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Syl wrote:Nothing shows for me...maybe the fee hasn't been paid. Razz

Razz   I hope Ben wasn't planning to pay the rent by those pop-ups.  Laughing

PS: mine works.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3