NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig

3 posters

Go down

'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig Empty 'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:36 am

Parents in the U.S. are claiming the popular children's TV show Peppa Pig has caused their kids to start speaking in a British accent. The cartoon follows the life of a pig, Peppa, and her family as they go about their day-to-day life in a fictional U.K. town made up of various animal families. And now parents of children who love the show are noticing that their kids are beginning to speak just like the characters in the cartoon.

The animated series first aired in May 2004, and has since grown to become a popular TV show for young children.

Kids all over the world are now tuning in to see Peppa's latest adventures, and it seems as though Peppa's southern British accent and vocabulary seem to be rubbing off on those watching the show.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6693021/U-S-parents-claim-kids-developing-British-accents-watching-Peppa-Pig.html

There is definately an element of truth to this. I know a number of Eastern Europeans, that have a slight American accent. Due to growing up watching American TV shows.

Back to top Go down

'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig Empty Re: 'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm

My stepdaughter uses a ton of Americanisms ("candy" is the one that sticks out at the moment) from watching Americans on TV and YouTube. She can also do several American accents really well; I'm trying to teach her New Jersey Mafioso at the moment Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig Empty Re: 'Are anyone else's kids developing a British accent?' American parents reveal their children are changing the way they SPEAK after watching Peppa Pig

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:06 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:My stepdaughter uses a ton of Americanisms ("candy" is the one  that sticks  out at the moment) from watching Americans on TV and YouTube. She can also do several American accents really well; I'm trying to teach her New Jersey Mafioso at the moment Smile

That is really cool   Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:24 pm

>THE Ben Reilly< wrote:My stepdaughter uses a ton of Americanisms ("candy" is the one  that sticks  out at the moment) from watching Americans on TV and YouTube. She can also do several American accents really well; I'm trying to teach her New Jersey Mafioso at the moment Smile

The New Jersey gangsta accent will do her well if anymore Republicans get into office. She might also work on a Russian/English accent, dropping articles and auxiliary verbs, etc.: "I from grocery store; go now post office."

It will help when Putin sends Trump some Russian nosee'em soldiers, to keep order in our border states.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Lots of English children speak with an American accent when playing. I think it’s kinda cool we are adopting each other’s accents.

My daughter does a mean Scottish accent too. She’s a bit of a mimic like her mother.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 pm

eddie wrote:Lots of English children speak with an American accent when playing. I think it’s kinda cool we are adopting each other’s accents.

My daughter does a mean Scottish accent too. She’s a bit of a mimic like her mother.

lol, sounds cute

Does she sound scary with the Scottish accent

Love this by Michael

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:26 pm

I’ve seen that. I do like a bit of Mcyntire
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Apparently North Texas is getting a big fat fucking Peppa Pig thingy: https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article226124840.html
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down