NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look

+6
Syl
Fred Moletrousers
nicko
Raggamuffin
Vintage
HoratioTarr
10 posters

Go down

University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look Empty University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 pm

A month-long campaign encouraging women to grow out their body hair is happening for the first time.

Januhairy, set up by student Laura Jackson, 21, from Warwickshire aims to help women love and accept their natural hair while raising money for charity - rather like a female version of Movember.

The Exeter University student said she came up with the idea after growing out her own hair for a performance.

'Though I felt liberated and more confident in myself, some people around me didn't understand or agree with why I didn't shave,' the third-year drama student said.

'I realised that there is still so much more for us to do to be able to accept one another fully and truly.'

Women from around the world have signed up to the challenge, from Spain to USA and Laura hopes to raise £1,000 for charity Body Gossip’s education program, which teaches young people about body image.

University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look 8127584-6557179-When_Laura_told_her_Mum_she_planned_to_do_it_her_mum_asked_me_Is-m-17_1546608826343

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6557179/Lets-hairy-Januhairy-new-campaign-encouraging-women-grow-body-hair.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look Empty Re: University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 pm

Er.....no thanks
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look Empty Re: University student launches a new campaign encouraging women to stop shaving and find confidence in the natural look

Post by Guest Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 pm

Good luck to her

See nothing wrong with this and can imagine some men and women like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Good luck to her and any others doing this. People should be able to choose whether they keep their body hair or not for themselves and not by public opinion. Personally I couldn't put up with it, hairy legs and tights just don't work.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:23 pm

It looks awful. Luckily, I don't have to shave my legs. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Nor me !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:09 pm

Oh, dear God...not another dopey student creating a supposed "ism" to campaign against.

"Make hirsuteism a hate crime!"
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:36 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Oh, dear God...not another dopey student creating a supposed "ism" to campaign against.

Err, where is she making it a hate crime?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:31 pm

Thor wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:Oh, dear God...not another dopey student creating a supposed "ism" to campaign against.

You don't really do whimsey, do you?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:40 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Thor wrote:

Sorry, but I failed to see the humour, until you pointed this out

How is one to tell?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:49 pm

Thor wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

How is one to tell?

I suppose it takes someone with a mischievous sense of humour to spot someone else with a mischievous sense of humour. Perhaps we are too exclusive a breed.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:50 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Thor wrote:

How is one to tell?

I suppose it takes someone with a mischievous sense of humour to spot someone else with a mischievous sense of humour. Perhaps we are too exclusive a breed.

That might be the case Fred, but I seriously did not know, until you said

It just means I do not fully understand your humour and have yet to learn

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Yuck....hairy legs, underarms, crotch area in a bikini on a woman look horrible imo.
If God had intended women to look like yeti's she would not have given us the brains to invent hair removal products. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:49 pm

Can't abide all that hair, got to go in my case, the bodily peach fuzz is ok but all the above mentioned are banished even though I haven't worn a bikini in years. Horrible and irritating but each to their own, I suppose.
Although I can't imagine going to a beauty parlour to have it removed, especially having seen waxing of the nether regions male and female, on a documentary, the wax afterwards, ugh.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Can't abide all that hair, got to go in my case, the bodily peach fuzz is ok but all the above mentioned are banished even though I haven't worn a bikini in years. Horrible and irritating but each to their own, I suppose.
Although I can't imagine going to a beauty parlour to have it removed, especially having seen waxing of the nether regions male and female, on a documentary, the wax afterwards, ugh.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:51 pm

Why has that appeared twice?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:58 pm

Sorry but I find it horrible. I like looking like a woman and see no reason to compete with a guy over my hairy legs and bushy fishcave.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:09 pm

Why do you think being hairless make you look like a woman?
Its only a cultural thing, what if you didn't know any better?

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Vintage wrote:Why do you think being hairless make you look like a woman?

But I do know better and I like the fact that I’m hairless and a man is hairy. I dont like skinny men either or long hair. I like to be the feminine one.

Also can’t stand those kind of men who have about seventeen “beauty” products and smell like a perfumery. It’s oersonal preference.

I could ask you why you don’t eat dogs but will eat a cow? What if you didn’t know any better?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:25 pm

Ok fair enough not judging, I just wondered.
I don't eat either of those.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:37 pm

I really see nothing wrong with a woman with hairy legs or armpits

Its completely natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:50 pm

It should be up to the individual but not from cultural pressure either way. Clothes and a hairy body or at least hairier parts of the body and clothes aren't particularly comfortable it may be different if clothes weren't required but people in climates and cultures that don't require
much in the way of clothes seem to be relatively hairless.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:59 pm

I just find it wierd how women find certain parts of the body, that require to be shaven

Not many think to shave their heads and in fact, its a massive part of the attraction for women, their hairstyles

I guess in time evolution will mean we lose all body hair anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:07 pm

I think you should look however you want to look, but also realize that some people might not find you attractive if you choose a certain look over another.

If you're trying to find someone who truly cares nothing about looks, then go for it!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Well all I can say is having no head hair, eyebrows and eyes lashes is awful as for rest rest I could care less, it serves no purpose now.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:39 pm

Smile

That girl in the o/p has hairier legs than me...

Indeed, her legs are probably hairier than most men in my family, and many of my friends..

I wonder if she has a hairy back as well ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:45 pm

dunno wolfie but I would have thought you were used to "hairy" or at least "woolly" bein an auzzie and all that .....green wellies etc....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:53 pm

Lord Foul wrote:dunno wolfie but I would have thought you were used to "hairy" or at least "woolly" bein an auzzie and all that .....green wellies etc....

tongue

Over this corner of the world, "green wellies.." (known as gumboots in Oz..), are more likely to be connected with New Zealanders...

Aussie sheep farmers don't normally wear gumboots, as conditions are usually much drier than in New Zealand, or Wales and Scotland..

Last edited by WhoseYourWolfie on Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:53 pm

I used to have hairy legs in my youth not near as hairy as the person in the photo but got teased mercilessly until I realised why most of the other girls didn't have hairy legs so I joined them. Eventually because of my job I ended up wearing slacks most of the time and whether it was lack of light or friction I ended up with hairless legs without shaving, marvellous!.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:23 pm

eddie wrote:
Vintage wrote:Why do you think being hairless make you look like a woman?

But I do know better and I like the fact that I’m hairless and a man is hairy. I dont like skinny men either or long hair. I like to be the feminine one.

Also can’t stand those kind of men who have about seventeen “beauty” products and smell like a perfumery. It’s oersonal preference.

I could ask you why you don’t eat dogs but will eat a cow? What if you didn’t know any better?

OI.......

big bush beard AND long hair (ponytail/man bun)

kinda like barbarian
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:34 am

What do you find under a Pony tail,?--------an Arsehole!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:58 am

nicko wrote:What do you find under a Pony tail,?--------an Arsehole!

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Oi...watch it...I get enough of that from my granddaughter "what do you get under a pony's tail.....a pony's bum"
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:48 pm

Lord Foul wrote:

Oi...watch it...I get enough of that from my granddaughter    "what do you get under a pony's tail.....a pony's bum"  

geek

...and, wearing "green wellies", no doubt ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:28 pm

nah..I'm not a yorkshire man
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 pm

Of course, it looks good on some men,------creep creep !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down