NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery

2 posters

Go down

Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery Empty Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:20 am

You will have heard the saying 'you are what you eat'.

But even the man who made it up more than 150 years ago may not have realised how true it is.

Scientists have now uncovered the first evidence of bacteria living in the human brain, suggesting it got there by travelling through the bloodstream from the gut.

The discovery, made by chance after analysing brains of deceased humans, has been branded 'mind-blowing' and 'revolutionary'.

The University of Alabama at Birmingham researchers presented their findings at a major convention in San Diego last week.

The study was originally designed to compare the differences between brains of mentally healthy people and schizophrenics.

If confirmed in further trials, the findings could pave the way for a whole new route of research investigating how bacteria can affect our brains.

The brain is protected from bacteria and viruses by a membrane around it and, until now, it has been believed that anything making it through the membrane would cause serious illness.

Dr Ronald McGregor, from the University of California at LA, who was not involved with the research, described the finding as 'mind-blowing'.

In an interview with Science, Dr McGregor said: 'It's like a whole new molecular factory [in the brain] with its own needs.'

Bacteria in our gut is known to affect the health of the rest of our bodies, potentially controlling our weight, disease risk and even linking to anxiety and depression.

Research published in June by Harvard Medical School branded the gut a 'second brain' because of how it affects our mood.
If the research is found to be accurate, it could explain past studies which have found bacteria in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease.

The findings were presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-6385345/Your-brain-gut-bacteria-living-inside-scientists-make-mind-blowing-discovery.html
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery Empty Re: Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 am

I've always been a huge believer in that if your guts aren't right, then nothing in your body will ever be right either.    

Not many people realise that leaky gut causes a whole range of nasty symptoms.  Leaky gut is caused when the bacteria in our digestive system goes into overload, Candida develops and then leaks into the bloodstream.   Often caused by a high sugar diet.

One has to ask why there's this huge boom in cancers, dementia, depression, mental illness etc, since the 1980s when our food began to be saturated with sugar and other nasties,  and ready meals and convenience foods really took off.

Sugar is called the White Killer for a reason.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery Empty Re: Bacteria from our guts may live in our BRAINS, scientists reveal in 'mind-blowing' world-first discovery

Post by Raggamuffin Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:06 pm

Interesting. There's no evidence that leaky gut leads to any illnesses, but it's worth thinking about as there are so many conditions out there which defy proper explanation -the autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, chronic fatigue, etc.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Interesting. There's no evidence that leaky gut leads to any illnesses, but it's worth thinking about as there are so many conditions out there which defy proper explanation -the autoimmune diseases, skin conditions, chronic fatigue, etc.

To presume we know everything, scientifically and medically, is misguided because we always seem to be learning something new.

I've had leaky gut, and got it sorted. I had Candida in the gut. Took me months but I'm now clear of feeling fatigued, headaches, aching joints. I'd wake up feeling hungover and had no idea why with no energy. I also gave up Diet coke, and other foods with artificial sweeteners in it. For lunch I eat an apple, walnuts and black olives. I rarely eat breakfast and go swimming most days. My tum is much happier for it and I feel much fitter.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:11 pm

I know that leaky gut is not really recognised as anything harmful by the medical profession but if this new research proves to be accurate, then it will certainly make people think that LG might well cause illness. I personally think it does.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down