NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules

+5
Original Quill
Raggamuffin
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
nicko
9 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules Empty Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules

Post by Guest Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:29 pm

Outraged parents have hit out at a 'ridiculous' council letter banning them from having children's paddling pools in a communal garden - for health and safety reasons.

Parents in the Hawksmoor Road flats in Cutteslowe, Oxford, received the 'over-the-top' letter from Oxford City Council ordering them to remove the plastic pools, which children have been using to cool off in the scorching heat, because of 'health and safety insurance'.

The council also told tenants to remove trampolines which they say have been there for years and even children's toys by tomorrow - or they will be charged for the removal.

But parents say that the council is going 'over the top' about what is essentially 'plastic with water in'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6043757/Parents-fury-council-orders-remove-paddling-pools-communal-garden.html

Back to top Go down

Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules Empty Re: Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules

Post by nicko Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:30 pm

"Jobsworths" strike again !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules Empty Re: Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 pm

If it is a communal garden... then it is supposed to be for all residents to be able to access and enjoy as a peaceful garden area, and have access to all parts of the garden area...

Not for some to 'take over' large sections of the area by putting their personal junk all over it... and thereby effectively hijacking control of these parts of the 'communal garden' for themselves...!

And I'm sure there will be plenty of residents who don't want the noise that would inevitably be going on either!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 am

Basketball

I'm with the council -- and Tommy -- on this one...

A "communal" garden is provided for everyone's civilised and communal use..

Not to have a few selfish chavs taking over and despoiling the place.

If a few selfish parents want their own playground for their feral brats to run wild in, then they should petition the council for such an addition..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:37 am

This is not based on any tennants complaining about space and use for the garden.

So Tommy and Wolf are throwing in a red herring here

Its about jobsworth councils trying to dictate what is safe and unsafe in a communal garden

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:55 am

Idea

Why are childrens toys and trampolines being left unattended in a "communal" area ?

Why are childrens (portable) plastic "pools" being left unattended ? They could easily be emptied and taken inside after use..

A person can drown in only a few centimetres of water, if unconscious or immobile..

In Australia, and many states in the USA, it would be illegal to leave those pools and trampolines out in communal or public areas, where children might gain acces without any immediate adult supervision.

YET another area where Britain is still decades behind the times, when compared with many other western countries..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:58 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Why are childrens toys and trampolines being left in a "communal" area ?

Why are childrens (portable) plastic "pools" being left unattended ?

A person can drown in only a few centimetres of water, if unconscious or immobile..

In Australia, and many states in the USA, it would be illegal to leave those pools and trampolines out in communal or public areas, where children might gain acces without any immediate adult supervision.

YET another area where Britain is still decades behind the times, when compared with many other western countries..

Okay, so what if the water is tipped each day at the end of use?

How can then anyone drown?

Its a communal garden for the residents and it should be them who have a say in this.

Basically they are being denied it beng a personal garden, as it is for everyone else.

Nobody would says its illegal in a private home, but shared residents are treated like second class citizens and then feel its not their communal garden

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:36 am

Hmmm, is it because they're leaving the paddling pool unattended with water in it? If a paddling pool is in a private garden, it's not likely that some small child will come along and potentially drown in it, but that could happen in an open communal garden?

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Didge wrote:Its about jobsworth councils trying to dictate what is safe and unsafe in a communal garden

Frankly, with Wolf, I agree with the council in this case. Wading pools (American term) have been the cause of many child deaths, or worse, walking brain-dead. I've handled those cases.

And trampolines? Worse than a game of club-the-neighbor's-kid. So many broken necks and permanent disabilities created by that contraption.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 pm

I agree with everyone on here - it does seem over the top and silly to ban them, but at the same time as Wolf said, you have to be careful about small children drowning.

The one thing I will say is this though: why the fuck does wolf have to call small children enjoying a paddling pool “feral”?

What made him so bitter and negative about most people? I’d ask him but he won’t answer.

Doesn’t seem very left-wing to me.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:07 pm

eds wrote:The one thing I will say is this though: why the fuck does wolf have to call small children enjoying a paddling pool “feral”?

I think wolf was being naughty and a bit rude, for dark humor. I must confess--devil that I am--it got a giggle outta me.

It's the kind of metaphor that y'all would tolerate from anyone else...just bad placement, that's all.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:24 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:Its about jobsworth councils trying to dictate what is safe and unsafe in a communal garden

Frankly, with Wolf, I agree with the council in this case.  Wading pools (American term) have been the cause of many child deaths, or worse, walking brain-dead.  I've handled those cases.

And trampolines?  Worse than a game of club-the-neighbor's-kid.  So many broken necks and permanent disabilities created by that contraption.

Okay you agree with Wolf and at times i do

However, its a communal garden

Is the view parents cannot or are unable to manage children at play and that governement need to decide what is safe or unsafe here?

Where do you draw the line here?

I mean how many accidents happen with trampolines and paddling pools?

Are now councils going to pay and employ people to ensure parents take the right path to their schools?

The view by the council is absurd

Accidents do happen, but the view to take away any fun for children, based on a perceived and extreme view they may die?

Come on, its mollycoddling to the extreme

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eds wrote:The one thing I will say is this though: why the fuck does wolf have to call small children enjoying a paddling pool “feral”?

I think wolf was being naughty and a bit rude, for dark humor.  I must confess--devil that I am--it got a giggle outta me.

It's the kind of metaphor that y'all would tolerate from anyone else...just bad placement, that's all.

I would tolerate it from him if I thought he was joking.
He wasn’t.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:36 pm

These things are a 'health & safety' hazard...

Anyone could be trying to navigate their way through this 'minefield' of trip hazards & obstacles after sundown... trip over a left out toy, head first straight into the metal frame of a trampoline, ending up unconscious face down in a water filled inflatable paddling pool...

Plus the standing water left out in these pools will be breeding grounds for bacteria and mosquitos... as well as attracting other 'vermin' like foxes & rats to use for drinking etc... further contaminating the water and general garden area with their piss & shit everywhere... and with rats piss being especially hazardous because of the very real & deadly risk to anyone coming in contact with it, of contracting leptospirosis...!!!
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:These things are a 'health & safety' hazard...

Anyone could be trying to navigate their way through this 'minefield' of trip hazards & obstacles after sundown... trip over a left out toy, head first straight into the metal frame of a trampoline, ending up unconscious face down in a water filled inflatable paddling pool...

Plus the standing water left out in these pools will be breeding grounds for bacteria and mosquitos... as well as attracting other 'vermin' like foxes & rats to use for drinking etc... further contaminating the water and general garden area with their piss & shit everywhere... and with rats piss being especially hazardous because of the very real & deadly risk to anyone coming in contact with it, of contracting leptospirosis...!!!

Really Tommy, so tell me, how many accidents have happen here and fatalities on this communial garden?

take your time

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:These things are a 'health & safety' hazard...

Thats it Tommy....look on the bright side. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:48 pm

Didge, as I said, I’m caught beteeen the two arguments but my initial reaction was “What a joke! How stupid” but what if a child who wasnt supposed to be there (there’s always some scenario) fell in and drowned?
Can you imagine the law suit against the council?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I think wolf was being naughty and a bit rude, for dark humor.  I must confess--devil that I am--it got a giggle outta me.

He wasn’t.

I know his sense of humor. I've known him for almost 11-years and talked to him nearly every day during that span. He uses sarcasm and cynicism to good, but harmless effect.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 pm

eddie wrote:Didge, as I said, I’m caught beteeen the two arguments but my initial reaction was “What a joke! How stupid” but what if a child who wasnt supposed to be there (there’s always some scenario) fell in and drowned?

I know Eddie and you reason, but how much is this view mollycuddling children?

What are we teaching here

Do you know how I learnt to swim?

In the Irish sea

I still remenber this as vivid as today when 4

My old man, god rest his soul, waded out into the irish sea and threw me out towards Jellfish. After telling me to stay wellclear from them. Believe me, I learnt to swim in seconds. He moved back away from me, the closer I got, in order to sway me to swim stronger. It was a valid lesson and made me over come fears. It made me become a very strong swimmer

Last edited by Didge on Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:55 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:

He wasn’t.

I know his sense of humor.  I've known him for almost 11-years and talked to him nearly every day during that span.  He uses sarcasm and cynicism to good, but harmless effect.

Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:03 pm

eddie wrote:Didge, as I said, I’m caught beteeen the two arguments but my initial reaction was “What a joke! How stupid” but what if a child who wasnt supposed to be there (there’s always some scenario) fell in and drowned?

The saga of Amanda Kime. Amanda's mother kissed her husband good-bye and lay down on the bed for 20-minutes to catch a waking cat-nap. Her husband left the arcadia door open, and 2-year old Amanda went exploring.

Amanda was only face-down in the wading pool for a few of those 20-minutes, but it was enough. She was brain dead, and her body would never respond to her autonomic nervous system. The surgeons had to break her jaw, because she had a frozen bite that would never let up.

During the litigation, even though I was on the defense side, I would have nightmares and wake up with tears.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 pm

Didge wrote:

In the Irish sea

My old man, god rest his soul, waded out into the irish sea and threw me out towards Jellfish. After telling me to stay wellclear from them. Believe me, I learnt to swim in seconds. He moved back away from me, the closer I got, in order to sway me to swim stronger. It was a valid lesson and made me over come fears. It made me become a very strong swimmer

I agree. Completely. But there will always be a law suit where there’s an accident and there’s always an accident.
It’s sad but true. I think we are a mollycoddled society to be honest, everyone tiptoeing around trying not to offend, trying to fit in, scared to speak out.

Gets on my big old smelly saggy tits it does.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:06 pm

I'm not sure what exactly is allowed in communal gardens, including privately-owned ones. Can you plant stuff? Can you leave chairs out, or a table? Can you have parties? Communal gardens sound like a recipe for disaster to me.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Okay Eddie and I get your point

So lets play this into reality

If there was a fair in town, or a friend that had a paddling pool. Would you deny your child having fun with them?

Seriously?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:14 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

In the Irish sea

I agree. Completely. But there will always be a law suit where there’s an accident and there’s always an accident.
It’s sad but true. I think we are a mollycoddled society to be honest, everyone tiptoeing around trying not to offend, trying to fit in, scared to speak out.

Gets on my big old smelly saggy tits it does.

Which means the lawyer is now controlling us in order to make money and believe we can make money out of this
Everything now is an insurance scam Eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 pm

Do you know waht Eddie

This is the first time in a long time that people have debated without insult

You made that happen

I am in awe

That is called a calming influence

Laughing

May it long conctinue

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Didge wrote:

If there was a fair in town, or a friend that had a paddling pool. Would you deny your child having fun with them?

Seriously?

Nope. Absolutely not.
But I’m not quite the average person sometimes, it seems.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Didge wrote:Do you know waht Eddie

You made that happen

I am in awe

Laughing

May it long conctinue

I made that happen? How? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:57 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Seriously?

Nope. Absolutely not.
But I’m not quite the average person sometimes, it seems.  

Sooooooooooooo, clearlt waht they are doing

Fill in the blanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:58 pm

eddie wrote:

You made that happen

I am in awe

Laughing

May it long conctinue

Being unbiased

never taking sides

Speaking out with reason and even if i dsiagree

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:

You made that happen

I am in awe

Laughing

May it long conctinue

Being unbiased

never taking sides

Speaking out with reason and even if i dsiagree

I do try. I’m not keen on “sides” and I like peace. But like you, I am pretty stubborn sometimes and I get to a place occasionally, where I just can’t deal with the bullshit.

Thank you for the compliment though, I do appreciate when people speak from their heart. Truly.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 pm

You made that happen

I am in awe

Laughing

May it long conctinue

She is a really calming influence, and it's a true gift that most people don't have.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:43 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:

You made that happen

I am in awe

Laughing

May it long conctinue

She is a really calming influence, and it's a true gift that most people don't have.

I concur mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:45 pm

Oh FFS.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Oh FFS.

Why are you bothered over this?

Seriously?

They love each other.

You seriously sound jealous or at the very least bitter

I lock horns with Ben and more so eddie, but I know and can see true love

For you to say FFS, shows envy

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:54 pm

I can't be doing with your sloppiness Didge.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I can't be doing with your sloppiness Didge.

What love?

i would say you have never expericned this

that is a shame

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I can't be doing with your sloppiness Didge.

What love?

that is a shame

You're just so sloppy and soppy. Mad
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

What love?

that is a shame

Or that I have exprienced love and that you never have?

Why not be happy for Ben and Eddie and be positivge for them Rags?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 pm

Sometimes rags, a little of human nature can be very real. The good and the bad.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't like sloppiness.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:03 pm

eddie wrote:Sometimes rags, a little of human nature can be very real. The good and the bad.

Eh? This is all very much off topic now.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

I don't like sloppiness.

Then you will continue to place a barrier between you and love

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:05 pm

Didge wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't like sloppiness.

You don't half talk some shite. Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules 3489511464
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Didge wrote:

You don't half talk some shite. Parents' fury after council orders them to remove all paddling pools and trampolines from communal garden that have been allowed for years over new health and safety rules 3489511464

I think by your reaction, i am spot on

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:06 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:Sometimes rags, a little of human nature can be very real. The good and the bad.

I know. I do know. But sometimes that’s okay, right?

Okay back on topic! I am very much decided that this is a stupid and jobsworth approach to humans.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:07 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I know.  I do know. But sometimes that’s okay, right?

Okay back on topic! I am very much decided that this is a stupid and jobsworth approach to humans.

Councils are afraid of being sued if there's an accident on their property. I blame the blame culture.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
eddie wrote:

I know.  I do know. But sometimes that’s okay, right?

Councils are afraid of being sued if there's an accident on their property. I blame the blame culture.

So youy blame culture, not who is guilty here, based on evidence?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next